Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

18 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

I think going into detail about the abusive messages is a little unprofessional. Just "some positive, some negative" would have sufficed. It doesn't make me feel sorry for him. Despite being eternally grateful for everything Top and his family have done for this club we can't just stand and admire the accolades while we plummet back to square one.

Abuse is never okay but he's using it as a shield to hide from his own responsibility. 

• Like 2

Worrying that is.

Only thing he seems bothered about is the abuse he has suffered.

We all know what we have done in the past but it's about now. He should be ashamed with how his ownership is going and how badly the club is being ran.

• Like 1

He needs to get over it. The negative comments will come with the good. That's the nature of the game

However the fans were right, you not quite on it like your father was and were only saying what we see. 

You kept Brendan way longer then you should have when it was clear things were not working. 

There was no investment in the summer when there should have been. Or atleast try and promote academy hopefuls or get season loans in?

Then you appoint Dean Smith when there was no one else about

People say it as they see it

Edited by HarryDee8

this season was a slow motion car crash for beginning to end.  Top watched it.  he didn't act until it was way too late.  I like Top and he is a good owner.   He doesn't deserve abuse but he needs to recognise that the buck stops with him.  SO much of what he said would be better if he were to recognise his own role in what has happened.

I think he needs to do two things: 1. freshen up those advising him   2. Ensure "stop loss" decisions to prevent becoming a hostage to fortune

So he reads the messages, where? Insta?

The use of the word tough is telling. Doesn’t know the first thing about what we going to do next year does he. King Power gave NP the ability to build a system that worked and lived on that success now the structure has been decimated yes I can imagine it’ll be tough captain obvious. 

We need ruthlessness at the top when it matters and honesty when it’s gone wrong. I’d be surprised if their reflection period will achieve any of the necessary action points we need. And time is something we don’t have. 

Should have got rid of Rodgers much earlier, especially when we had just 1 point from the first 7 games. Sure we went on a mini run after, but those games weren’t overly convincing still. I feel we would have been bearer mid table had Rodgers got the boot after those first few games 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think you'll be disappointed come this time next year :nono:

Wouldn't be surprised if I was in all honesty. But I will not lower my expectations because our chairman is an incompetent fool, that's his problem not mine. Something that is very clear to me though is that it is the responsibility of the chairman to make sure that the expectations of the fans are met. Top has failed and he mustn't be allowed to do so again. It has never been the fans responsibility to have to adapt to his shortcomings, and nor should it. So if he can't afford to get us promoted straight away then he should sell the club to somebody more financially capable. 

• Like 2

He had to make a statement now, as its the THING to do. The fact its not been 24h since we have been relegated means we are all still very bitter and sad and looking to blame someone.

The statement itself was always going to be something on these lines with the inevitable 'we will back' etc remarks, i wouldnt take much from it tbh. 

In fact i don't take much from anyone's words right now as nothing is going to change the fact we had a shit season and next year we play in the 2nd tier of English football. Actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words and i am hoping in the coming weeks thats what we will get. The club, especially the heirarchy  has to change, it must and i honestly hope Top can see this and do whats needed to stop the rot. 

If we start the new season with no major changes, then i will be the 1st to rant on here about the chairman, but until that point i will keep it shtum.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

This family has brought us more success then I ever dreamed of. Top has written off debt to the club and invested in the City. They have invested in the training ground and attempted to grow the club.

We gambled on Top 4 and narrowly missed out twice whilst winning an FA Cup and Community Shield. All of this whilst trying to compete with the biggest clubs that grow ever richer.

I am so embarrassed that our fans would abuse him. Yes he has made mistakes, but so does everyone else. 

What Top has shown time and again is that he cares; and I would far rather stand with him than the fickle morons who turn on the owners and players when things don’t go well. Honestly - some of you don’t deserve the success we’ve been so fortunate to experience.

Well said. Small minded pr1cks.

• Like 3

carefully reading this - he seems to want to settle a few things - it's good that he points to our achievements and that he wants to get back to challenging for CL.  He is a big boy and so he can expect  negative comments - and it is good (IMO) that he is dissing the idea of selling.
What is missing is an acknowlegdement that the buck stops with himself... and of his own role in this mess - leading to an assurance that he personally will put in place ethe support and mechanism's to prevent such lapses.  Without these we are sure to rise and fall again and again.

Anyone begging at his feet should **** off and support Nuneaton Borough where their ambition belongs. It’s not wrong to call this **** out for his horrible management of our club. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Guest binic16

Can't  believe some the shit being spouted about our owners you should be ashamed of yourselves. These are the best owners we have ever had and are probably ever will have.Mistakes have been made never met anyone who's perfect yet, but a few that think they are.Let us hope that we have learned from them and we can fight our way back to where we belong. 

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Where is he getting those abusive messages? No one is turning up to his Bangkok or Surrey based house. His instagram is locked off and not like he has a club email address. Doubt there are many Leicester fans cutting about on the polo estates.

You can still send private messages on Insta