Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

Very interested to see tactics/style of play tonight. 

You'd imagine enzo will have had his say given how many academy grads he's given game time to already. 

Petty ball surely won't last long with Enzo watching on.

11 minutes ago, Jimopinion said:

Will u21s game vs derby today be shown live on foxes hub? Anybody know where game can be watched online

I don’t think so

They never usually show under 21 games when there is a Prem game on at the same time

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think so

They never usually show under 21 games when there is a Prem game on at the same time

Disappointing I haven’t seen any tickets sold for this either

Sold out tonight, all U21 tickets for the season are on sale online :) 

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Made my morning @Ric Flair

We may just have a manager brave enough to use them 

Can see braybrooke ending up as our back up for winks (maybe not straight away) and alves as an option on the wing

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Can really see Enzo enjoying Alves and Braybrooke.

Braybrooke the obvious Winks backup, and Alves can do a job as either an 8 or on the wing. Perfect system for both players 

Makes their injuries all the more gutting really. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

If we want to take youth development seriously and if the long term identity of the club is possession football, all age groups should be playing "Enzoball." No exceptions. 

How can we expect youth players to transition effectively to the first team if there's playing a completely different system? 

Agree 100%

I like to think Petty is essentially just a minion passing on ideas now rather than actually having his own thoughts!

My guess is we're letting him see out his contract, I imagine long term Enzo would like his own people in place at that level.

5 minutes ago, Foreverfox said:

Not due to return to training  anytime soon. 

Not what I've heard. It takes a few months from start of training to being ready to play football with an ACL anyway. I'd expect they've started some light training after 6-7 months. 

30 minutes ago, Foreverfox said:

Not due to return to training  anytime soon. 

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not what I've heard. It takes a few months from start of training to being ready to play football with an ACL anyway. I'd expect they've started some light training after 6-7 months. 

Yes - there’s a huge difference in what ‘training’ means coming back from this injury 

I’d have thought we’d take it very carefully on both of them - at their age, coming back too quickly and suffering a big setback could be a big problem for their development and careers