Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

10 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Josh King not selected and surprise surprise he is 🤕 injured

Can we have a roll call on academy injuries.

Braybrooke 

Alves

Ewing

Popov

Fitzhugh

Briggs

Hughes

King

Wormleighton ?

Flynn ?

Grist ? 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Brandon Cover and, even more so, Bobby Amartey impressed me in midfield.

Thought Zach Booth did a brilliant job up front on his own. 

Henry Cartwright did well filling in at right back after Wormleighton got injured.

Wormleighton's injury look a bad one?

Also where was Amani Richards playing? He's a natural striker, why wad Bpoth up front?

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wormleighton's injury look a bad one?

Also where was Amani Richards playing? He's a natural striker, why wad Bpoth up front?

Impossible to tell re. injury.

Richards was right wing and Booth no 9. Weird, but he played really well in that position.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Richards was right wing and Booth no 9. Weird, but he played really well in that position.

Petty up to his usual tricks then lollol 

Im still recovering from watching Alves play as a DM last season!!! 

Edited by AjcW

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Petty up to his usual tricks then lollol 

Im still recovering from watching Alves play as a DM last season!!! 

Having never properly watched either player before, I’d honestly say they both looked natural in their positions.

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Having never properly watched either player before, I’d honestly say they both looked natural in their positions.

I mean I guess that’s good… he’s deffo a centre mid though. Also I guess we have to remember with the leagues combined now we should be beating derby comfortably so it probably helped them look good! 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Can we have a roll call on academy injuries.

Braybrooke 

Alves

Ewing

Popov

Fitzhugh

Briggs

Hughes

King

Wormleighton ?

Flynn ?

Grist ? 

And people wonder why we underperformed last year...!!!

9 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

And people wonder why we underperformed last year...!!!

Our under 21s were poor even when those who were injured were available and playing

It isn’t just down to injuries that meant we should have been relegated in 2 of the last 3 seasons and got lucky we didn’t purely down to competition changes

54 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

How close was the set up/tactics to what we've seen with the first team?

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Our under 21s were poor even when those who were injured were available and playing

It isn’t just down to injuries that meant we should have been relegated in 2 of the last 3 seasons and got lucky we didn’t purely down to competition changes

Fair enough - but it can't help having so many disruptions, trying to find consistency?

9 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

How close was the set up/tactics to what we've seen with the first team?

Not too dissimilar. 

They were playing out from the back, big range of passing, quick through balls, front foot, aggressive, high energy. Winning the ball all over the park. Decent football.

They were using pace as a key attacking threat: Booth down the middle was hanging off the defenders like Vardy (of old), Richards and Maswanhise as the rapid wide men.

Deniche Hill seemed to have a bit of a free role behind the striker. Limited effectiveness.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Not too dissimilar. 

They were playing out from the back, big range of passing, quick through balls, front foot, aggressive, high energy. Winning the ball all over the park. Decent football.

They were using pace as a key attacking threat: Booth down the middle was hanging off the defenders like Vardy (of old), Richards and Maswanhise as the rapid wide men.

Deniche Hill seemed to have a bit of a free role behind the striker. Limited effectiveness.

Interesting how the positions these players have changed in recent seasons. Booth is a curious one. Although it's often difficult to decipher much information on the academy, and especially during the covid years but Booth seemed to be a central midfielder originally and last season tended to be deployed in more attacking roles as an advanced midfielder or RW. Last night as a false 9 according to reports.

Amani Richards is being tried out wide it seems, something he may have done in the U18s last season too, or at least in a front two with Evans or King. If he keeps progressing he might get a call up to the 1st team across the front three.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting how the positions these players have changed in recent seasons. Booth is a curious one. Although it's often difficult to decipher much information on the academy, and especially during the covid years but Booth seemed to be a central midfielder originally and last season tended to be deployed in more attacking roles as an advanced midfielder or RW. Last night as a false 9 according to reports.

Amani Richards is being tried out wide it seems, something he may have done in the U18s last season too, or at least in a front two with Evans or King. If he keeps progressing he might get a call up to the 1st team across the front three.

I was extremely confused, especially given they didn’t post or announce the teams.

I always thought Booth was a winger! Either way, I was impressed with him. 

I’ll be honest, I don’t know what a false 9 is. He wasn’t holding the ball up, he was turning and going.