Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

can someone who watches the various age groups let us know what style we play through the academy ?   is there a holistic approach to development whereby results are secondary up to U15/16 level.  are we playing out from the back unless there is no option for a short pass or throw out? 

From games I’ve seen they try and play out from the back, very limited amount I’ve seen though. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

can someone who watches the various age groups let us know what style we play through the academy ?   is there a holistic approach to development whereby results are secondary up to U15/16 level.  are we playing out from the back unless there is no option for a short pass or throw out? 

My son is in the academy (he's in that video above) and we most definitely play out from the back and focus on trying to break the lines. Doesn't matter if we win or lose as long as they play the way the academy want them to. We defo don't just lump it forward. Costs us at times in tournaments when even other cat 1 academies play the long ball and nick a goal or 2. 

Edited by MGsDad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MGsDad said:

My son is in the academy (he's in that video above) and we most definitely play out from the back and focus on trying to break the lines. Doesn't matter if we win or lose as long as they play the way the academy want them to. We defo don't just lump it forward. Costs us at times in tournaments when even other cat 1 academies play the long ball and nick a goal or 2. 

Thanks - that’s good to hear. Development is more important than winning at a young age.  

23 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Surprised Dick Glare hasn't answered this question being the font of all knowledge on our Academy

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't be long before Alves, Popov and Briggs make an appearance for the U21s. Braybrooke too. Even a behind the scenes game or something. 

November was the aim for Alves and Braybrooke wasn't it? Assuming no setbacks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't be long before Alves, Popov and Briggs make an appearance for the U21s. Braybrooke too. Even a behind the scenes game or something. 

What was the injury that popov had anyone know?

I wonder how long wormleighton is out having got injured first game of season was it? 

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

I wonder how long wormleighton is out having got injured first game of season was it? 

Can't remember what happened, he'd had a bad injury last season too on his ankle.

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

I believe it was something with his ankle and he had to have an operation

Due to an injury he got from a tackle in the 2nd to last game of the season against Man Utd

Torn on the Alves thing. Hope we don’t just Chuck him into championship football, needs some U21 minutes… on the flip side perhaps a game against Chelsea away felt a bit much, save him for Newcastle at the training ground on Friday perhaps 

Edited by AjcW

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I stand corrected, was told last week the plan was him to play a behind the scenes friendly (Popov, Ewing, Hughes etc too) and then the U21s tonight. Dare I say he's already in for the first team, surely not??

is there even a place for him on the bench currently?

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Under 21s are away against Chelsea, kick off at 7pm

image.png.cf2315ee8ffd0426f131c461d2af1b39.png

Subs: Doherty, Hughes, Grist, Ali, Amartey

is this accurate? we have a young talent scoring goals and we’ve pushed them back to cm?  whilst the defensive mid is playing in #10 

Same old same old 

Edited by Lambert09