Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

On 12/05/2024 at 00:14, Aleksz said:

I don’t think Alves will be out on loan either. I think the amount he’s been involved in the celebrations despite not making an appearance speaks volumes for how much he’s going to be deemed a first team squad player moving forward.

Me neither. Rodgers was going to play him in the first team before that thug at Wolves decided to assault  him. Maresca is a fan too.

45 minutes ago, Rashers said:

Kevon Grey has struggled with injury but if he can get and stay fit he’ll be a player in the future CDM/CB a unit who’s comfortable on the ball too - U18 (second year Scholar next season)

Jake Evans - U16 good talent attacker with an eye for goal and is capped by England u16 I think it is (first year scholar season upcoming)

Kevin Grey sounds like a mid '90's full back who wasn't scared of a tackle 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/departing-leicester-city-player-disappointed-9284712

Departing Leicester City player 'disappointed' by lack of support from club

Shane Flynn has announced he is leaving the King Power Stadium after seven years, four times coming close to a senior appearance for the club under Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

10 man squad for Hong Kong Soccer Sevens

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4011553/u21s-set-for-hong-kong-soccer-sevens?lang=en

Brad Young

Brandon Cover

Wanya Marcal

Henry Cartwright

Jayden Joseph

Oli Ewing

Logan Briggs

Silko Thomas

Amani Richards

Chris Popov 

Isn't Amani Richards supposed to be out of contract and wanting out? 

Surprised he's going if that's the case, possibly implies he may be staying on with a view to being loaned out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

10 man squad for Hong Kong Soccer Sevens

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4011553/u21s-set-for-hong-kong-soccer-sevens?lang=en

Brad Young

Brandon Cover

Wanya Marcal

Henry Cartwright

Jayden Joseph

Oli Ewing

Logan Briggs

Silko Thomas

Amani Richards

Chris Popov 

Didn’t realise Young was 22 probs needs moving on in the summer, but do we have any decent keepers? 

5 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Didn’t realise Young was 22 probs needs moving on in the summer, but do we have any decent keepers? 

We did have a lad named Chituru Odunze, has received a call up to the USA national senior men's team to be on the bench.  21 years old, surprised we let him go.  From all accounts he was progressing well with the academy. 

• Haha 1

On 14/05/2024 at 21:50, Sly said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/departing-leicester-city-player-disappointed-9284712

Departing Leicester City player 'disappointed' by lack of support from club

Shane Flynn has announced he is leaving the King Power Stadium after seven years, four times coming close to a senior appearance for the club under Brendan Rodgers

Reflects badly on the Club.

Do we not have a development liaison officer who keeps in touch with the young players, especially the injured ones.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Reflects badly on the Club.

Do we not have a development liaison officer who keeps in touch with the young players, especially the injured ones.

I think this is more a case of sour grapes. 

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

I think this is more a case of sour grapes. 

Possibly, But he's a young player who obviously needed support as they all do. So why did he not get it. ? Or do we not have a Liaison officer for the young players.

We as a Club have a huge responsibility in this area and should also be encouraging young players to take on other skills while pursuing their football career and dreams. 

But we all know they don't all make it as professional footballers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Possibly, But he's a young player who obviously needed support as they all do. So why did he not get it. ? Or do we not have a Liaison officer for the young players.

We as a Club have a huge responsibility in this area and should also be encouraging young players to take on other skills while pursuing their football career and dreams. 

But we all know they don't all make it as professional footballers.

It is nothing to do with not making it as a footballer. Extremely talented player, who unfortunately I’m told, had  a injury that took a while to recover from. Unlike others who received full support and were afforded the opportunity to return to play some games at the end of the current season. He was not. Even though he was ready to do so. Surely every player should receive the same return from Injury assistance? Or maybe not. 

5 minutes ago, Frances Dempsey said:

It is nothing to do with not making it as a footballer. Extremely talented player, who unfortunately I’m told, had  a injury that took a while to recover from. Unlike others who received full support and were afforded the opportunity to return to play some games at the end of the current season. He was not. Even though he was ready to do so. Surely every player should receive the same return from Injury assistance? Or maybe not. 

At the end of the day it's a competitive career path, the club has no obligation to provide opportunities to play when returning from injury. If they've rehabbed, paid for operations etc

We don't know what's happened behind the scenes, but tweets like that don't exactly put him into a good light. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frances Dempsey said:

That's my point, every player should receive full support from the Club.

Even more so when they are injured, Over seas and away from their Family.

These are essentially young vulnerable Children.

As no one has answered my question I take it we don't have a Liaison Officer. Which reflects really badly on the Club.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's my point, every player should receive full support from the Club.

Even more so when they are injured, Over seas and away from their Family.

These are essentially young vulnerable Children.

As no one has answered my question I take it we don't have a Liaison Officer. Which reflects really badly on the Club.

Absolutely, you are so right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

At the end of the day it's a competitive career path, the club has no obligation to provide opportunities to play when returning from injury. If they've rehabbed, paid for operations etc

We don't know what's happened behind the scenes, but tweets like that don't exactly put him into a good light. 

You are totally wrong, The Club has every responsibility to look after and protect these young players. Even more so when they are stuck in accomodation on their own Day after Day recovering from injury. Do you have any idea what that does to ones Mental health.

This is exactly why the Club should make sure that they learn another Skill because we know how how risky a career Football is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Nobody said it’s not a competitive career path, but clubs have a duty of care to all players. Not just the select few. No wonder players have little or no loyalty to clubs. It even happens to those in the first team.  So don’t comment when you don’t have all the information. 

• Like 1

Just now, Holly B said:

Head of Player Care and Personal Development: Paul Wassell

PDP Player Care Officer: Cleveland Taylor

Thanks for that.

I don't know what their qualifications are in this area, but  in the case of the young player it seems they both fell below the standard required .

And he's not the only player to comment on their treatment by the Club especially when injured. Some of the Senior players have mentioned similar.

• Like 1

I can't remember which player it was, but a few seasons back wasn't there someone we had loaned out mentioning that absolutely no-one at the club had kept any sort of contact or dialogue with them whilst out on loan?

It does feel like there are areas we lack sometimes when it comes to structural organisation and care.