Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

3 hours ago, Ryy said:

I am gassed @Ric Flair

He signed a 3 year deal last year, so I think this is just that they've moved him to the 1st team based on pre season. There's been no new contract reported and not for less length of time than he already had.

Hope Maresca tries him as an 8 or at least RW. LW is not a position he's played for the U21s.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He signed a 3 year deal last year, so I think this is just that they've moved him to the 1st team based on pre season. There's been no new contract reported and not for less length of time than he already had.

Hope Maresca tries him as an 8 or at least RW. LW is not a position he's played for the U21s.

Hopefully like with a few other players that game him on the left was purely because we didn't have anyone else who can play there available

I would love to see him as a right sided 8 with how Enzo has them playing, I think he would do well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hopefully like with a few other players that game him on the left was purely because we didn't have anyone else who can play there available

I would love to see him as a right sided 8 with how Enzo has them playing, I think he would do well

Yeah I think he's got a real chance of game time in that role.

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would there be any merit in dropping him inside and moving KDH out to the wing - given that he hasn't exactly excelled (end product wise) inside, i thought he looked better than Madivádua when he did drift wide?

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

@Ric Flair No Wormleighton for the under 21s....

Not been seen all summer for the 1st team either. I presume he's injured? Likewise Where's Amani Richards. Wasn't in the Lake District with the U18s and not in the U21s. Darren Lewis in The Mirror claiming Maresca wanted him in the 1st team. 

Sounds like Odunze is going to be busy...

- Brakes are almost on the scoresheet in the opening 30 seconds as Ben Usher-Shipway takes on the Leicester defence and drives in low from the right. Cally Stewart connects , and at the second attempt drives the ball right across the goal line.

- 3' Usher-Shipway cuts in from the right and drives in a shot that is deflected onto the woodwork.

- Usher-Shipway again from the right, this time it's Jack Edwards who meets his cross. He directs his header towards the far post but it's cleared.

- 12' Leicester keeper Chituru Odunze rises above a packed penalty area to claim Devon Kelly-Evans' free kick.

- 13' Odunze holds Adam Walker's shot from the left at his near post.

Just looking through the U21 squad and the sheer level of long term injuries.

Braybrooke, Fitzhugh and Alves - ACL

Ewing

Popov

Briggs - car crash

Hughes

Vanished:

Flynn

Wormleighton

Richards

Spencer-Adams

Grist

4 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

It’s so strange how they consistently send teams to various West Midlands non league teams each pre-season but have no interest whatsoever in sending teams to any of the non league teams in their actual own county. 

Petty and sons

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just looking through the U21 squad and the sheer level of long term injuries.

Braybrooke, Fitzhugh and Alves - ACL

Ewing

Popov

Briggs - car crash

Hughes

Vanished:

Flynn

Wormleighton

Richards

Spencer-Adams

Grist

Is the injury to Briggs bad?

Flynn is back, not sure if he is injured or whatever, but he posted on his Instagram story a few hours ago of him in a dressing room at the training ground with Lindsay

We have released Spencer-Adams

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Is the injury to Briggs bad?

Flynn is back, not sure if he is injured or whatever, but he posted on his Instagram story a few hours ago of him in a dressing room at the training ground with Lindsay

We have released Spencer-Adams

Not sure mate, I'd heard it was really bad but how long he's out for I don't know. Shame as I genuinely think his skillset would put him in good stead with Maresca in the coming year.