Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hope we have a big sell on clause for him.

If Steve Walsh is still pulling the strings at Charlotte and Fuchs still there in a different capacity… this might well be a glorified loan? 

21 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Notice Brunt hasn’t been involved all pre season, I’d imagine he will be one the first to leave even if on loan? Clearly not in Maresca plans? 

Been training with them not featured so you could be right 

22 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Notice Brunt hasn’t been involved all pre season, I’d imagine he will be one the first to leave even if on loan? Clearly not in Maresca plans? 

I think he could probably do a job at this level as a back up - but right now, he'd be better getting a full season at L1 or L2, we have decent options at CB as it stands

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's 23 in a few months, has no league experience, why would he be involved? Ability wise, he's league two at best. Just another Villa reject signed to make the numbers up for the U23's.

I agree, never stood out for me even in u21s. Needs to go for everyone’s good 

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's 23 in a few months, has no league experience, why would he be involved? Ability wise, he's league two at best. Just another Villa reject signed to make the numbers up for the U23's.

Folk forget Gloucester sent him back to Villa 

On 30/05/2023 at 17:44, Smooch85 said:

Ben Nelson should be in contention to step up, apart from Alves and Sammy its slim pickings. Brunt is no where near standard, I don’t think wormleighton progressed at all. 

hopefully wanya gets a chance, but apart from him the others will don’t cut it at championship level. 

Omg you’d be fed up with the same nonsense about the above players! You 

I would not be surprised to see a massive overhaul of the academy coaching staff over the next year. Maresca doesn’t come across as a shrinking violet and it’s pretty clear we want to emulate the Man City model/style and given the investment in Seagrave, there will be an expectation from Enzo and Top that we are producing academy players with the mentality and ability to step up to the 1st team or if not at that level then capable of attracting the attentions of other clubs willing to pay reasonable fees and sell on’s etc. 

I imagine Enzo will not be holding back with his feedback privately at the lack of genuine quality at his disposal from the academy side at this point in time. 

I think Enzo will be so good for this club, as he will question anything that isn’t working or delivering as it should for the club, and he has 1st hand experience of what can be achieved if all of the elements of the club are geared to achieve success. Rudkin and his methods will increasingly come under scrutiny and he is going to have to challenge himself, accept change is going to be needed and make difficult decisions that will include getting rid of some of his yes men that have overseen a pretty shambolic period across our academy set up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I imagine Enzo will not be holding back with his feedback privately at the lack of genuine quality at his disposal from the academy side at this point in time. 

Only if he can get some results to keep us in the top half of the league from this team of misfits otherwise some impatient fans will be calling for him to go. Maybe some of our senior management changing their minds about him, losing their bottle and bringing in Parker. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, davieG said:

Only if he can get some results to keep us in the top half of the league from this team of misfits otherwise some impatient fans will be calling for him to go. Maybe some of our senior management changing their minds about him, losing their bottle and bringing in Parker. 

Please just stop. 

• Like 1