Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

17 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Is that a Netherlands flag in the tweet? If he has an EU passport it might have a bearing perhaps?

Shouldn't make any difference unless he has British citizenship. The rules are that British clubs cannot sign any non-british players under the age of 18.

Caveat might be if the family have relocated to Britain and therefore have a right to remain and signed up to a club as a consequence.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Shouldn't make any difference unless he has British citizenship. The rules are that British clubs cannot sign any non-british players under the age of 18.

Caveat might be if the family have relocated to Britain and therefore have a right to remain and signed up to a club as a consequence.

Ah fair enough. Must be something along those lines then :cheers:

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don’t know the ins and outs but when I was with an academy a few years back they signed a lad from Israel who had dual citizenship with a Swedish passport. He was 16 when he joined, this was 2019 so don’t know if rules have changed in that time.

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

I don’t know the ins and outs but when I was with an academy a few years back they signed a lad from Israel who had dual citizenship with a Swedish passport. He was 16 when he joined, this was 2019 so don’t know if rules have changed in that time.

Yeah rules have changed in the last couple of years for British clubs due to Brexit. We cannot sign any player under the age of 18 that doesn't have British nationality or residing in Britain.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Under 21s playing Arsenal away next week and as we are in London was thinking of taking the kids is it easy to get tickets for away games if you can get them?

I think they play in Boreham Wood rather than in London 

22 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I think they play in Boreham Wood rather than in London 

Yeah I seen that. Just didn’t know how to get hold of tickets or you just turn up and pay on the day as can’t see anything to buy tickets on city’s or Arsenal site 

Our U18 team to face Norwich: Harry French, Jayden Joseph, Tristan Thomas, Liam McAlinney, Kevon Gray, Tommy Neale, Ryan Donnelly, Alfie Fisken, Kaleb Dyke, Reece Evans, Kirsten Otchere.

Subs: Reiss Khela, Lewis McNab, Yassin Toure, Olabade Aluko, Will Lawrence

Edited by Ryy

Currently this is how many players the other Championship clubs have out on loan at a quick glance:

Birmingham: 3

Blackburn: 2

Bristol City: 6

Cardiff: 5

Coventry: 1

Huddersfield: 1

Hull: 6

Ipswich: 6

Leeds: 6 (but all are first team players with their weird loan clauses to continental sides)

Leicester: 1

Middlesbrough: 4

Millwall: 3

Norwich: 8

Plymouth: 3

Preston: 2

QPR: 1

Rotherham: 4

Sheff Weds: 0

Southampton: 5 (though 2 are established/older players to continental sides)

Stoke: 4

Sunderland: 2

Swansea: 1

Watford: 5

West Brom: 3

As usual, we're lagging a bit with only Opoku out, but honestly given that I'd imagine Maresca probably wanted to look at a lot of players at the club I'm not too concerned yet - our numbers aren't exactly abnormal right now looking at the rest of the league - Leeds for example have 0 academy players out on loan as far as I could find - probably due to similar levels of new manager and relative unfinalised squad.

So we'll see by the end of the window what the number is, though if it's anything like previous years we'll be lucky to see even 3/4 going out which would be a bit of a disappointment imo, but hopefully we can get some outgoings in the next few weeks as our squad gets more complete!

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I wonder if we get body’s through the door, if wanya and mcateer will perhaps get league 1 loans. 

Thought Wanya looked a really useful player yesterday in the first half. Looks like hes a good dribbler with a nice turn of pace. Wouldnt mind him being in our squad 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rob Huth must have the easiest job in the world at the minute, or the hardest if he's trying everything to get players loans and its just not happening.

I don't think we are in a rush at the moment, we are using a number of young players. 

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't think we are in a rush at the moment, we are using a number of young players. 

Yeah I was being facetious, there's probably only Maswanhise and Brunt that would be suitable, the rest are either being used or injured.

• Like 1

Out of interest, how many of todays squad are Leicester born, Leicester based or have come thru the various ages?

I coach u12's and see many kids start off at the Academy at u8/u9 then don't make the grade so interested to see how many of these have come thru the age system?