Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but define "back."

That could just be back in training. 

That's what I was alluding to, was told they're back training in the next month or so. I'd then expect them to be geared up for returning to action a few months later. @Foreverfox is suggesting that's way off (I think).

I don’t expect to see either of them anywhere near the first team this year, even if they start training in October like Tanner suggested then it will likely take a couple of months just to get strength and fitness back into them, and then also probably want them playing in the under 21s to get any level of match fitness back

Wouldn’t surprise me if the FA Cup 3rd round in January is when we could finally see them in the first team again

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t expect to see either of them anywhere near the first team this year, even if they start training in October like Tanner suggested then it will likely take a couple of months just to get strength and fitness back into them, and then also probably want them playing in the under 21s to get any level of match fitness back

Wouldn’t surprise me if the FA Cup 3rd round in January is when we could finally see them in the first team again

Two new signings in January, sounds good to me! 

• Like 1

Under 21s team vs Derby

Starting 11

Young, Wormleighton, Godsmark-Ford, Amartey, Nelson, Wilson-Brown, Richards, Cover, Booth, Hill, Maswanhise

Subs

Doherty, Ali, Cartwright, Pennant, Evans

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under 21s team vs Derby

Starting 11

Young, Wormleighton, Godsmark-Ford, Amartey, Nelson, Wilson-Brown, Richards, Cover, Booth, Hill, Maswanhise

Subs

Doherty, Ali, Cartwright, Pennant, Evans

Pleased you know mate. Club have taken the decision this season to not even post a line up lol 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Pleased you know mate. Club have taken the decision this season to not even post a line up lol 

Not even new, they did the same thing plenty last season!

Social media side for our youth teams is dreadful

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If we want to take youth development seriously and if the long term identity of the club is possession football, all age groups should be playing "Enzoball." No exceptions. 

How can we expect youth players to transition effectively to the first team if there's playing a completely different system? 

I'm getting deja vue this was all said when Rodgers started and when his football was decent but nothing materialised as far as I could tell.

I get the feeling the Academy is Rudkin's Child and no one can get anywhere near it to change it.