Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

46 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I suppose there is the question of timing - maresca hasn't been here that long, and people have contracts, it's not always possible to make such dramatic changes straight away.  Maybe maresca likes petty and wants to see what he can do?  We don't know, we just have to hope that something clicks or, if not, something changes...

Also what happens if the new gaffer gets sacked at Xmas and is replaced by Dyche for example ?

We then have to sack all the new u21 Enzo coaches and replace them with Dyche coaches 

The Academy needs to have its own identity and philosophy which in theory allows the players to be able to play whichever way the first team gaffer wants them to play. Whilst far from being perfect that approach seems to have produced the goods in recent times but as with any company employing better people will in theory better outputs ( in this instance professional footballers )

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Also what happens if the new gaffer gets sacked at Xmas and is replaced by Dyche for example ?

We then have to sack all the new u21 Enzo coaches and replace them with Dyche coaches 

The Academy needs to have its own identity and philosophy which in theory allows the players to be able to play whichever way the first team gaffer wants them to play. Whilst far from being perfect that approach seems to have produced the goods in recent times but as with any company employing better people will in theory better outputs ( in this instance professional footballers )

I see your point  regarding a change of manager - but if the club adopt this safety first approach, nothign will ever get done - they have to believe that, at best Maresca is here for years, at worst, he is replaced by someone with a similar approach not, like dyche, the complete opposite.

I disagree about the academy having it's own philosophy, all sensible thinking would suggest keeping the line of development as smooth as possible - to allow a natural progression from level to level - especially with such an involved philosophy as MAaresca's.

“I disagree about the academy having it's own philosophy, all sensible thinking would suggest keeping the line of development as smooth as possible - to allow a natural progression from level to level - especially with such an involved philosophy as “

That’s is pretty much the Academy’s philosophy ?!?

The u10’s don’t play like Dyche would want but then the u11’s play like Enzo would want it is more about the individual players having a certain skill set at certain parts of their development.

Perhaps your definition of a philosophy is different to mine

2 hours ago, Holly B said:

“I disagree about the academy having it's own philosophy, all sensible thinking would suggest keeping the line of development as smooth as possible - to allow a natural progression from level to level - especially with such an involved philosophy as “

That’s is pretty much the Academy’s philosophy ?!?

The u10’s don’t play like Dyche would want but then the u11’s play like Enzo would want it is more about the individual players having a certain skill set at certain parts of their development.

Perhaps your definition of a philosophy is different to mine

I don't think it matters at that age - i was thinking more based on what is happening with Petty and the u21s - we need to have them playing enzo ball, so that they can move as naturally as possible from one to the other.

the club communications really well when they want to sell something to us, anything else its kinda of shite, 

shame really, cos hopefully this year the youth development might actually some what decent as we actually have someone who knows his chops in that department, compared to the ego maniac who managed us 4 yrs previous

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Our club don't place communication very highly on their list of priorities.

You say that but it feels like Maresca has done way more media than BR ever did - doing the radio leicester podcast etc.  there even seems to be a bit more casual interviewing with the players.

Nothing, of course, above that level - but there does seem to be an attempt to be more communicative.

• Like 2

Seeing Thomas & Kristiansen mainly but also Castagne on the verge of leaving/left i wonder how Shane Flynn & Joe Wormleighton see their careers panning out at the club, those that watch the academy do you think they can fit into the Enzo system or is the writing on the wall for them after showing some early promise that they could cut it as FBs?

• Sad 1

On 27/08/2023 at 14:38, AjcW said:

Yep! I bet we’ve got someone lurking who could do a better job now even temporarily!

I know it’s different but our u16 and below coaches are very highly regarded. 

...I noticed in pre-season with the videos that I saw, that Petty was part of the group and I was hoping that we were looking at a top-down approach to the way we played!!!

Manchester City plays the same way throughout their club, even down to the ladies' teams, why are we not attempting to develop players now to suit the first team?

If Maresca is an advocate for youth players then we need to make it easier for him to continue to utilise what we have from the academy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ryy said:

Was great to see Ben Nelson finally make his debut 👏🏻 

It was a really good little cameo from him

Good passing, very brave coming forward with the ball, was effectively playing like a right back at times behind Yunus and stepped in well

Seeing what Enzo is doing with Stolarczyk, McAteer, and Wanya, and how much confidence and faith he has in using them I would be very happy to keep him around

• Like 4

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

It was a really good little cameo from him

Good passing, very brave coming forward with the ball, was effectively playing like a right back at times behind Yunus and stepped in well

Seeing what Enzo is doing with Stolarczyk, McAteer, and Wanya, and how much confidence and faith he has in using them I would be very happy to keep him around

Seen the extended highlights. Stolarczyk looked really good. Thats his 3rd clean sheet now.

• Like 2

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/predicting-the-next-3-leicester-city-wonderkids-to-break-through-into-the-first-team/

Predicting the next 3 Leicester City wonderkids to break through into the first-team
BY
JAMIE DENLEY
PUBLISHED 52 MINUTES AGO
Leicester City will be eager to utilise their academy for their promotion push.

Collage Maker-29-Aug-2023-11-24-AM-8370

HIGHLIGHTS
 Leicester City has a track record of producing top talents, with players like Chilwell and Barnes commanding high fees.
 Enzo Maresca, the manager, has already provided opportunities for young players to make their mark.
 Three players to watch for potential first-team opportunities are Arjan Raikhy, Amani Richards, and Sammy Braybrooke.
Leicester City have produced a plethora of top talents and will be hoping the next crop will be their best.

The Foxes are known for producing great players over recent years - Ben Chilwell and Harvey Barnes commanding significant fees from Chelsea and Newcastle United respectively while Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall continues to impress at the heart of the midfield.

Enzo Maresca, a manager with a track record for developing promising talent during his time with the Manchester City Elite Development Squad, has already provided a pathway for several young players to make their mark despite the wealth of experience at his disposal.

Goalkeeper Jakub Stolarczyk made his debut for the club in both cup and league competitions already this season while creative talents Wanya Marcal-Madivadua and Kasey McAteer have stolen the headlines.

Marçal has enjoyed regular first-team minutes after impressing with the Premier League 2 squad, scoring the opener in a 2-1 win against Cardiff City for his professional goal.

McAteer, meanwhile, was at the double in South Yorkshire, recording a brace in a 2-1 win against Rotherham United to make his mark on the big stage, too.

With players making the most of their opportunities, FLW takes a look at three players who could be the next to play under Maresca and assert themselves into the first-team picture.

Arjan Raikhy
The most experienced player on this list, Raikhy joined the club this summer after his time at Aston Villa came to an end.

The 20-year-old was a regular at both U18 and U21 level for Villa, winning the FA Youth Cup in 2021 against Liverpool.

The midfielder enjoyed a first taste of senior football during the 2021/22 season, initially joining National League side Stockport County on loan, where he played five times in the league as a teenager. He was later recalled and sent back out to the fifth tier with Grimsby Town, recording another seven appearances as he helped the Mariners secure promotion back to the Football League via the play-offs.

Spending the duration of last season in the Premier League 2, he played 19 times as the Second City outfit recorded a play-off finish before seeking a new adventure with Leicester City, beating competition from teams across the divisions to secure his services.

Amani Richards
A standout player for the U18s, Richards won the club's Academy of the Season award last season, scoring 12 times with numerous assists in an important year in his development.

Arriving from Arsenal's academy almost two years ago, he has already attracted interest from the likes of Newcastle United, West Ham United and Brentford, according to Darren Lewis of Mirror Football, earlier this window.

The forward has moved up into the U21s setup and is already a regular in front of goal, whether it be setting up teammates or finding the back of the net himself. While it is important his development is not rushed, we could see some cameos from the 18-year-old later in the season if he continues his fine form in the PL 2.

Sammy Braybrooke
image.thumb.png.fea32030369939d433a7731c128d1733.png
Leicester eagerly await the return of the highly-rated prospect after sustaining an ACL injury earlier this year.

The 19-year-old midfielder made his first-team debut last season in a 3-0 win over Newport County in the EFL Cup while being a key member of the Foxes' U21 side.

The England youth international played 35 times across the past two seasons prior to his injury, an established star in youth football who was rewarded with a new long-term contract in the wake of his absence with the club having high hopes for the teenager.

While his introduction into the senior squad is unlikely to be imminent, he will be greeted with experienced competition to learn from and work alongside. The likes of Harry Winks and Dewsbury-Hall will be key to helping make the step-up to the Championship, the latter the perfect example of the pathway from academy prospect to first-team star at the King Power Stadium.