Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Size of the scar on Alves' leg is massive. Must've been a big operation.

Sammys is pretty gnarly as well all the way down the front of his knee cap

Must do it differently for footballers compared to us regular folk as my sister who did her ACL had it done with keyhole surgey rather than her entire knee being cut open

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sammys is pretty gnarly as well all the way down the front of his knee cap

Must do it differently for footballers compared to us regular folk as my sister who did her ACL had it done with keyhole surgey rather than her entire knee being cut open

Might have gone in and cleaned up some other bits and pieces too. (Edit: now that I use my brain, of course an athletes ACL surgery is different to a regular persons and quick repair! Like an F1 mechanic vs Kwik Fit)

Really liked that interview. Seem like good lads.

Edited by ACF
  • Like 2

Great interview, both Leicester fans which is great to hear. Not that it really matters but a fair few of those that have come through and made it in to iur 1st team don't actually support us hahaha.

Really hope their recovery goes swimmingly and cannot wait to see them challenging for a 1st team spot in the coming months. It's mad there's about 6 of them all coming back from long term injuries at the same time.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

They look they’ve developed as well in stature. Fingers crossed 

Absolutely fingers crossed 🤞.

Looking forward to seeing them both soon hopefully.

After the last couple of seasons, young lads like these and the recent signings are really something  to look forward to, a breath of fresh air that was much needed. Watching young players develop is a big part of it for me particularly if they can stay grounded. But ... as always, the trick from a supporters point of view is to remain grounded too and not expect too much too quickly. Accept mistakes and enjoy the journey. Good luck to both!

25 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

They look they’ve developed as well in stature. Fingers crossed 

...what has happened to Braybrooke's hair!!!

Braybrooke sounds like a young lad from the estates and Alves seems the more introverted, Alves looks as if he has filled out and Braybrroke still looks the same size. So long as there are no hiccups in their rehab then coming back into this system is made for them. The fact that Pep is the mentor of Maresca, the long-term possibility of Man. City, making overtures is a real possibility.

49 minutes ago, Xen said:

Sounds like it was filmed last month as well - mentions Alves being ~8 months along (injury in December) and Luke Thomas at the club, so they're probably even further on now than what it seems in the video. Both seem to have their heads screwed on and not trying to rush things too much, which bodes well. 

6+ months in the gym has probably done them both the world of good, anyway! Both had the technique already, and needed a bit more about them to be able to compete against senior pros. Very exciting to see how they both develop under Maresca - it seems like a formation that could suit both of them perfectly once they're both fully fit.

Exactly what i was thinking. Might be my imagination but Alves looks like he has bulked up a bit and looks like a real unit. I think being out of the reckoning for the squad during relegation hasn't done them much harm as well to be honest.

Real opportunity for them both in the 2nd half of the season. Super excited for them both.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

One of the worst challenges I've seen' - Leicester starlet Will Alves  suffers season-ending ACL injury during FA Youth Cup match as Brendan  Rodgers rages and teammates hit out at 'vile' tackle |image.png.236e7fb5f4020d0032b4b7e98bdfa4ae.png

We haven't sent him to Munich by any chance have we?

****ing hell, fair play.

Two sides to this, he'll either come back an absolute monster or he'll need to lose a bit of that bulk if it's made him less agile. 

Deffo looks like someone who has gone away to get prepared for Championship action though! 

26 minutes ago, AjcW said:

****ing hell, fair play.

Two sides to this, he'll either come back an absolute monster or he'll need to lose a bit of that bulk if it's made him less agile. 

Deffo looks like someone who has gone away to get prepared for Championship action though! 

He was already bulking up before his injury.  Did a previous preseason with a private PT mainly doing weights. 

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-ricardo-pereira-8743701

Young players sign contracts

Defender Reiss Khela is among those to sign a deal. His older brother Brandon has just made his senior debut for Birmingham this season, which hopefully bodes well for a breakthrough at City down the line.

Goalkeeper Lewis McNab, who was picked up by City last season after being released by Exeter, is another to sign fresh terms, along with defenders Kevon Gray and Bade Aluko.

• Like 1

First I’ve heard of McNab, was he actually released or did we sign him for a fee? I get it’s all about opinions at that age and you don’t know for sure how they’ll develop but must be rare to go up 2 Catgeories when you are 

Edited by lcfc043

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-ricardo-pereira-8743701

Young players sign contracts

Defender Reiss Khela is among those to sign a deal. His older brother Brandon has just made his senior debut for Birmingham this season, which hopefully bodes well for a breakthrough at City down the line.

Goalkeeper Lewis McNab, who was picked up by City last season after being released by Exeter, is another to sign fresh terms, along with defenders Kevon Gray and Bade Aluko.

Kevon Gray is one to watch, very classy centre half. 

Just now, Jimmy said:

do we know is Enzo is watching the U21s or U18s, or at least having one of his coaches watch? I wouldn't want him relying on Ben Petty for recommendations

The man lives at the training ground, probably fair to assume he's watched a fair bit 

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

do we know is Enzo is watching the U21s or U18s, or at least having one of his coaches watch? I wouldn't want him relying on Ben Petty for recommendations

I suspect so, he lives at Seagrave! I think it's not really taken on board how involved he is in the club and how dedicated he is. 

• Like 1