Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

On 30/05/2023 at 17:44, Smooch85 said:

Ben Nelson should be in contention to step up, apart from Alves and Sammy its slim pickings. Brunt is no where near standard, I don’t think wormleighton progressed at all. 

hopefully wanya gets a chance, but apart from him the others will don’t cut it at championship level. 

Yeh think Nelson scored tonight pity it was an og 🙈🙈🙈

10 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

That is shocking reading, would’ve been better to stick with bloody Beaglehole lol

...it was right to jettison Beaglehole, we just did not look far enough to find an adequate replacement!!!

Everything with this club is short-term, with never any long-term plans, and no vision or comprehension of what is required in this sport for any kind of longevity. The only time it appears that we had a plan for this club was when Khun Vichai was in charge and led from the front.

It seems as if we now have a leader at the helm, decisive, opinionated and knows what he wants, having him around this club may just push an apathetic board to be more professional.

• Like 1

Werent the club heavily investing in the youth team players a few years ago when they signed the likes of Richards, Popov etc? Whats happened to that funding? Clearly not all Pettys fault but its very stale and surely Marescas got contacts from the Man City youth set up who could come in and mirror how Maresca has the first team playing

Edited by South Shire Fox

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's complete dog shit isn't it. There's enough evidence that we need a big shake up at this level now. How many times do we have to get relegated for something to change?

...if Rudkin brought anyone in to take Petty's place then I suspect it would be an internal promotion as he would want to have control of the direction the academy is progressing and control of the people under him!!!

Any external personnel would bring their own ideas and would challenge him as to what they were seeing being played out throughout the age groups. Our only hope is that Maresca speaks to Khun Top and outlines the necessary pathways required for his methods to flourish long-term. Rudkin was not the driving force to bring in Maresca, his appointment went above his head, let us hope Khun Top repeats the process.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if Rudkin brought anyone in to take Petty's place then I suspect it would be an internal promotion as he would want to have control of the direction the academy is progressing and control of the people under him!!!

Any external personnel would bring their own ideas and would challenge him as to what they were seeing being played out throughout the age groups. Our only hope is that Maresca speaks to Khun Top and outlines the necessary pathways required for his methods to flourish long-term. Rudkin was not the driving force to bring in Maresca, his appointment went above his head, let us hope Khun Top repeats the process.

They should leave it up to the main football nous at the club - Enzo Maresca. He's first hand witnessed what a shambles it is managing against it and nothing's changed in those three years. Honestly I didn't realise quite how bad Petty's record actually was until it was posted above. Absolutely dog shit stats. He's got to go.

• Like 3

Under 21s has been weird for a while now. 

Recruiting Villa vast offs. A poor manager. Seemingly little alignment with the first team. 

I guess how it should work is that the squad is filled with players from the under 18s who the make there way up to the under 21s eventually. I wonder whether we're seeing enough promoted players...so we're recruiting instead. 

On the outside it looks like a change is needed as I can't see how being beat every week is good for players development. 

Maybe the club see it differently and only care that there are players consistently coming to the first team. 

• Like 1

I watched the game last night and Middlesborough where a joy to watch. Clear game plan, well organised, great communication and thoroughly deserved to win. Leicester on the other hand, disjointed, slow on the ball, slow off the ball, very little or no communication and a near silent bench. Spare a thought for Ben Nelson though, I thought he was terrific and this OG was very unlucky. Madivadua was poor, if he hopes to get back in the first team, it won't be on the back of last nights performance.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2023 at 16:37, Stadt said:

Ian Cawley is academy manager and his background is in teaching rather than coaching. I can't imagine too many other clubs with a £100m training ground would do the same.

If it's who I think it is, Paul Cheney is the same also, teaching background.

• Thanks 1

Wonder if we might see a bench appearance from Sammy/Will in the next month? 

We've got two games against Fulham coming up, an EFL trophy game and then Chelsea to finish October. 

Newcastle is the first November game, still showing as sold out on the site already lol don't believe that for a second! 

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

They should leave it up to the main football nous at the club - Enzo Maresca. He's first hand witnessed what a shambles it is managing against it and nothing's changed in those three years. Honestly I didn't realise quite how bad Petty's record actually was until it was posted above. Absolutely dog shit stats. He's got to go.

...by all means liaise with Maresca any intention to change and pursue a new style of play, but his remit of getting us back up should not include having any more additional load to carry!!!

Perhaps he might be aware of someone within the Manchester City system who is restricted in any progress and would excell with building his own processes and running and overseeing his own department.

I would rather be taking these losses due to building something new, than it being as a result of adhering to a system that was broken and attempting to repair it with the same damaged parts.

Guest Kopfkino

Shows the complete absence of an obvious connected strategy at the club & even beyond to include Leuven. Think they’ve stumbled across Maresca more than it being part of a bigger strategy.

The training ground should have been at the centre of the clubs strategy but it seems driven by a ‘tools’ mentality to me - if we have the best shiny tool everything else falls into place when in reality it’s the opposite way around.

31 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Is it still that them and Derby that has the stand out academies in the midlands?

All the West Mid clubs do a decent job. But that’s with a big city population and the ability to delve into Worcs, Gloucs, Staffs, Shropshire. 

Forest have recently climbed into Cat 1 last three years which shows another level of regression where we should have dominated. 

39 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Shows the complete absence of an obvious connected strategy at the club & even beyond to include Leuven. Think they’ve stumbled across Maresca more than it being part of a bigger strategy.

The training ground should have been at the centre of the clubs strategy but it seems driven by a ‘tools’ mentality to me - if we have the best shiny tool everything else falls into place when in reality it’s the opposite way around.

Irony being of course they consulted those well esteemed members of staff to shape the plans for Seagrave but couldn’t keep their interest to actually have that staff implement it 

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

All the West Mid clubs do a decent job. But that’s with a big city population and the ability to delve into Worcs, Gloucs, Staffs, Shropshire. 

Forest have recently climbed into Cat 1 last three years which shows another level of regression where we should have dominated. 

Forest haven’t got Cat 1 because of their “results” at Academy level 

We played them recently at all the lower age groups and only one of our teams lost. Included in the wins were 3 absolute drubbings where we won by double figures 

Games against Derby and Villa are much closer but how many Premiership players have those two produced from their Academy’s in recent times ?

Whilst our Academy is far from perfect it keeps producing players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coalvillefox said:

I watched the game last night and Middlesborough where a joy to watch. Clear game plan, well organised, great communication and thoroughly deserved to win. Leicester on the other hand, disjointed, slow on the ball, slow off the ball, very little or no communication and a near silent bench. Spare a thought for Ben Nelson though, I thought he was terrific and this OG was very unlucky. Madivadua was poor, if he hopes to get back in the first team, it won't be on the back of last nights performance.

Sorry if been asked before, but where we trying to play the same system as the 1st team? 

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Sorry if been asked before, but where we trying to play the same system as the 1st team? 

Not in the slightest. Formation was vaguely similar and we tried on occasion to play out from the keeper but it just ended up with us putting ourselves under massive pressure through poor movement or sloppy passing and we just launched it and it kept coming back.

18 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Forest haven’t got Cat 1 because of their “results” at Academy level 

We played them recently at all the lower age groups and only one of our teams lost. Included in the wins were 3 absolute drubbings where we won by double figures 

Games against Derby and Villa are much closer but how many Premiership players have those two produced from their Academy’s in recent times ?

Whilst our Academy is far from perfect it keeps producing players. 

villa record is up their with ours. 

Grealish, Ramsey, archer, ramsey, chukumeka, philogene is at hull and highly regarded.