Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

...to relinquish goals when you are leading repeatedly, means that there is an underlying problem which has not been diagnosed, or we are aware of it and do not know how to put it right!!!

You have to be there watching the games to clearly evaluate what is happening, but some people do not like to be chased and some people enjoy being front runners.

Rodgers had the knack of undermining the team by disrupting the backline in order to protect a lead. He became too negative in his actions and that fed back to the team who then became more cautious in their play. Sometimes sitting off and inviting teams on to us,  is not the best way to preserve a lead, all you are doing is giving encouragement to the opposition, who by now had started to just go through the motions. You have now given them a lifeline.

It could also just be, that our strength in depth, is not as deep as we would like it to be.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-notebook-enzo-maresca-8798833

• 18:10, 2 OCT 2023

Braybrooke and Alves back in November

And Ben Petty’s youngsters only have to wait just over a month until they will have their ranks bolstered. The schedule for Will Alves and Sammy Braybrooke is for them to be able to play for the Under-21s in around five or six weeks’ time, and so in early-to-mid November.

The duo, among the club’s best prospects, both suffered ACL tears in the space of a month last winter, and have been slowly stepping up their recoveries since. Maresca has said that when they are available and playing again, he will take a look at them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-notebook-enzo-maresca-8798833

• 18:10, 2 OCT 2023

Braybrooke and Alves back in November

And Ben Petty’s youngsters only have to wait just over a month until they will have their ranks bolstered. The schedule for Will Alves and Sammy Braybrooke is for them to be able to play for the Under-21s in around five or six weeks’ time, and so in early-to-mid November.

The duo, among the club’s best prospects, both suffered ACL tears in the space of a month last winter, and have been slowly stepping up their recoveries since. Maresca has said that when they are available and playing again, he will take a look at them.

6 weeks or so of them playing for the under 21s and then hopefully we get some League 2 / non-league team in the FA Cup at the start of January where they could play

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

6 weeks or so of them playing for the under 21s and then hopefully we get some League 2 / non-league team in the FA Cup at the start of January where they could play

6 games in there too, although I hope we don't make either of them play against Fleetwood in the trophy, feels risky! 

I love the thought of them both impressing Enzo enough to get into the matchday squad, but i'm also not averse to Alves going out in January on loan, we're absolutely stacked in attack and i'd rather he was getting good minutes (unless we send Casadei back for whatever reason)

I can immediately see a spot in the team for Sammy as Winks understudy so I think it make sense for him to stick around.

• Like 1