Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

6 minutes ago, F T Fagos said:

Was this to manage his fitness, post injury, or preparation for first team squad on Saturday?

There's no way he's ready for first team football just yet, as much as we'd love that. I'd much rather he gets a couple more games under his belt for match fitness, ready for the December and January run of games where there will be plenty of opportunities for him to play.

What do I know though? Maresca and the fitness team might think he's ready.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

There's no way he's ready for first team football just yet, as much as we'd love that. I'd much rather he gets a couple more games under his belt for match fitness, ready for the December and January run of games where there will be plenty of opportunities for him to play.

What do I know though? Maresca and the fitness team might think he's ready.

Only November,no need to rush…agree with you totally.

Fans desire getting ahead of itself.

• Like 2

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3777774/young-foxes-lose-out-to-brentford?lang=en

The Leicester City Development Squad were beaten 1-0 by Brentford B on Friday evening in the final group stage match of the Premier League Cup.

A first-half goal from Valintino Adedokun was enough to secure the points for the hosts at Wheatsheaf Park in Staines, as the young Foxes were seen off in their final game Group G of the PL Cup, with attention now turning back to Premier League 2 action after their elimination.

City: Doherty; Cover (Joseph 31'), Nelson, Godsmark-Ford, Wilson-Brown; Raikhy; Richards, Cartwright (Hill 59'), Marçal, Pennant; Popov (Briggs 59').

Subs not used: Young, Grist.

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

In academy related news, Trey Nyoni, 16, who left our academy to join Liverpool in September, is on the bench for them today. 

I had no issue with him going there - they have a strong record of giving 16/17 y o an opportunity. Man City is a different kettle of fish entirely (unless you’re rico Lewis) 

Just now, st albans fox said:

So we’ll probably get two curly wurlies then ……

No

He had England involvement, trained with our first team and some evidence to suggest Liverpool didn’t exactly play by the rules so he won’t be cheap. If the last point is proved they could be in deep shite