Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

47 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not a fan of Petty but they're are not his fault even the Villa influx won't be totally down to him and with the number of youths turning up in the 1st team I'd guess the club would assume it's a success hence by default he must be doing ok.

Petty came from Aston Villa so I can see where that narrative comes from...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Take a look at the ones we've brought through in detail. The majority have been nurtured by loans are by being involved with the 1st team almost straight from 18's level. U21 level has had minimal say in their dev.

Of course but if it appears to be successful why would they change it

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Petty came from Aston Villa so I can see where that narrative comes from...

I’m sure it does but I doubt it’s ultimately down to him who we sign. 

I’m not defending him just trying to view it from the clubs perspective 

Under 18s are currently playing away against Crystal Palace, 0-0 after 30 minutes

French, Aluko, Joseph, Neale, Khela, McAlinney, J Evans, Ononaye, King, Donnelly, Otchere

Subs: Thomas, Donohue, Dyke, Fisken, R Evans

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Reece Evans development has been bizarre. Was lethal at U18s level and then rather than promote him to the U21s he's now only a sub for the U18s this season.

Surprising.

Seems to happen a lot

On 16/01/2024 at 09:32, Salieri said:

I just cannot get my head around why the club don’t replace Petty with someone more competent. 

It’s a very important role within the club and this guy clearly isn’t up to it. 

I'm guessing there are some contractual restrictions about sacking a youth team coach :dunno: maybe they're waiting to see which league we're in next season....  who knows

25 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Looking at that line up, Maswanhise and Wanya are in the squad Saturday... or being sent out on loan imminently.

Wanya was on the bench tonight for first team. Guessing maswanishe was in preliminary squad for first team and didn’t make bench. 

Edited by Lesta2014

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Wanya was on the bench tonight for first team. Guessing maswanishe was in preliminary squad for first team and didn’t make bench. 

Yeah apologies didn't make it as far as the bench tonight lol 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Huge talent is Briggs, he's right up there with Alves for technical ability. A left footed attacking midfielder, him and Alves as a combo could be deadly in years to come.

Talking of huge talents Ric, have you heard anything at all about Sammy Braybrook ?

Its all gone worryingly quiet!