Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

21 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Looks like Brandon Cover has trained with the first team today too.

edit: And Raikhy

I’ve seen Raikhy train with them a loads of times it’s just a common thing especially with the injuries we get

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Looks like Brandon Cover has trained with the first team today too.

edit: And Raikhy

Silko Thomas as well. From the highlights vs Fulham this week, he looked an absolute menace cutting in off the left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Silko Thomas as well. From the highlights vs Fulham this week, he looked an absolute menace cutting in off the left.

Could have had a hat-trick

• Like 1

Proud day for the academy today, all of the new lads did themselves no harm at all.

Funny how we have an awful U21 side but do create players capable of adapting to first team football (not Wanya, he's doggo)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

Thought Cover did well

Yeah, should be very proud of himself. 

The only one who disappointed me today was Wanya Marcal. McAteer is the pits on the ball but I'll forgive him as we've seen he's got plenty of other strengths. 

Nelson is pretty much Championship standard, he could be 1st choice and it would not be much of a drop off, if any in this system IMO.

Stolarczyk is proving himself to be a very strong shot stopper but his distribution is somewhere just north of Iversen and Ward, which is not the standard we can afford really. Hopefully that improves.

Raikhy looked pretty decent as well, full of energy and wanted to go forward.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, should be very proud of himself. 

The only one who disappointed me today was Wanya Marcal. McAteer is the pits on the ball but I'll forgive him as we've seen he's got plenty of other strengths. 

Nelson is pretty much Championship standard, he could be 1st choice and it would not be much of a drop off, if any in this system IMO.

Stolarczyk is proving himself to be a very strong shot stopper but his distribution is somewhere just north of Iversen and Ward, which is not the standard we can afford really. Hopefully that improves.

Raikhy looked pretty decent as well, full of energy and wanted to go forward.

Really impressed with Nelson , keep putting in performances like that and he'll get his chance

3 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Really impressed with Nelson , keep putting in performances like that and he'll get his chance

Can play anywhere across defence as well, which if Doyle is going to struggle to get back to the standard then I think Nelson is a viable alternative to a few of them.

I was massively impressed with Brandon Cover. I don’t think it’s been spoken about enough just how good that pass was to put Vardy in behind. Vardy of yesteryear and current Tommy Cannon/Daka would have buried that ****er. Not really sure what Enzo felt he did wrong, if he’s looking at who was to blame for our inefficiency in that double pivot I would have said Hamza was well off it for a 26 year old with his experience level now. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I was massively impressed with Brandon Cover. I don’t think it’s been spoken about enough just how good that pass was to put Vardy in behind. Vardy of yesteryear and current Tommy Cannon/Daka would have buried that ****er. Not really sure what Enzo felt he did wrong, if he’s looking at who was to blame for our inefficiency in that double pivot I would have said Hamza was well off it for a 26 year old with his experience level now. 

Cover was excellent. I don’t think he was hooked for anything he did wrong. Think Enzo planned to have a bit more experience on in the 2nd half. 

It’s hard to tell with 1 half, but he’s someone to get excited about. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

Proud day for the academy today, all of the new lads did themselves no harm at all.

Funny how we have an awful U21 side but do create players capable of adapting to first team football (not Wanya, he's doggo)

Awful in terms of results which so many on here judge them by week in week out

Enzo , Rudkin etc etc thankfully look at the bigger picture 

Just now, Holly B said:

Good job they removed relegation as we'd become masters at it and we're given a stay of execution twice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holly B said:

for years our U21 side was full of overage players as we tried to win it, Rudkin is very hands on with academy hence his old job never being filled, Beaglehole and Petty are his mates they do what he wants.

if it was about developing talent a lot more would be out on loan and people like Reece Evans would be regulars in the U21s instead of still being in the U18s

Thought Raikhy and Cover made excellent debuts for us. That assist from Cover that Vardy fluffed needs to go straight on his you tube skills video (assuming he’s got one.) By the way you pronounce his surname Cover, rather than Cover. 

and while we are at it, it’s pronounced scone NOT scone. 

• Like 1