Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

16 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

So what ?

None of the Senior Management probably give a **** what division we are in its all about getting players ready for the first team

I'd stick to your Popcast on Radio Caroline or whatever it is your famous for because its certainly not your expert knowledge on how football academies operate

Whoa now, that's a bit harsh isn't it? I'm sure you yourself have criticised the way the academy has been run haven't you?

Ric can come across as quite critical of the set up, but based on what others have said (and talk around Rudkin), do you not think he has a valid point? He's not wrong re: the stays of execution. And I'd suggest that although yes, you're right getting players ready for the first team is correct, some of the performances that have been seen or things like completely avoiding the use of a striker are very questionable.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

I'd stick to your Popcast on Radio Caroline or whatever it is your famous for because its certainly not your expert knowledge on how football academies operate

How to come across as a ****

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

So what ?

None of the Senior Management probably give a **** what division we are in its all about getting players ready for the first team

What a ****ing clown

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

So what ?

lol who pissed in you cheerios man lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

So what ?

image.gif.f7196d0f231d975a6da1a660e3af3e9f.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, should be very proud of himself. 

The only one who disappointed me today was Wanya Marcal. McAteer is the pits on the ball but I'll forgive him as we've seen he's got plenty of other strengths. 

Nelson is pretty much Championship standard, he could be 1st choice and it would not be much of a drop off, if any in this system IMO.

Stolarczyk is proving himself to be a very strong shot stopper but his distribution is somewhere just north of Iversen and Ward, which is not the standard we can afford really. Hopefully that improves.

Raikhy looked pretty decent as well, full of energy and wanted to go forward.

To be fair he'd probably do better if he had vestergaard, winks, faes and ricardo to pass to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I was massively impressed with Brandon Cover. I don’t think it’s been spoken about enough just how good that pass was to put Vardy in behind. Vardy of yesteryear and current Tommy Cannon/Daka would have buried that ****er. Not really sure what Enzo felt he did wrong, if he’s looking at who was to blame for our inefficiency in that double pivot I would have said Hamza was well off it for a 26 year old with his experience level now. 

Well, i think the answer to that is how much better we were when ricardo played.

Cover was decent but wasn't involved nearly enough, which he needed to be in that pivot role...

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

for years our U21 side was full of overage players as we tried to win it, Rudkin is very hands on with academy hence his old job never being filled, Beaglehole and Petty are his mates they do what he wants.

if it was about developing talent a lot more would be out on loan and people like Reece Evans would be regulars in the U21s instead of still being in the U18s

you're actually saying that on  a day when we had 8 academy players in the 1st team squad?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

you're actually saying that on  a day when we had 8 academy players in the 1st team squad?

at least one of those players were signed when already aged at least 20, I'm not sure about Silko Thomas' age, in Raikhy and many people that have watched him at U21 level think's he's pretty crap but either way both were signed this summer and being called our academy graduates is pathetic. Stolarczyk wasn't exactly a kid when he joined either.

If the club truly are serious then they need to force Rudkin to give up his grip on the academy, its a full time job not one you split time on whilst also being the DoF.

So many players look really good at U18 level for us then almost never feature for the U21s and never go on loan its a waste

Edited by Jimmy
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

at least one of those players were signed when already aged at least 20, I'm not sure about Silko Thomas' age, in Raikhy and many people that have watched him at U21 level think's he's pretty crap but either way both were signed this summer and being called our academy graduates is pathetic. Stolarczyk wasn't exactly a kid when he joined either.

If the club truly are serious then they need to force Rudkin to give up his grip on the academy, its a full time job not one you split time on whilst also being the DoF.

So many players look really good at U18 level for us then almost never feature for the U21s and never go on loan its a waste

Stolarczyk joined the club aged 16/17.

My main criticism of our academy is that I didn't think we placed enough emphasis on recruiting talented 16-19 year olds and have missed out on some of the players Villa hoovered up from West Brom and other Midlands academies.

We do seem to select well when we do though. Iversen, Sowah, Stolarczyk, Booth, Richards etc.

• Like 1

I seemed to only catch the game from when Birmingham had us pinned down in the first half, for anyone who watched it did Brandon Cover look more than comfortable in the inverted fullback role in terms of passing and starting attacks? I only got to see his defensive work which was brilliant and actually make me think he’d suit RCB most.

12 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

We also had Albrighton and Praet starting, does that mean they're regulars?

When we have 8 academy players regularly in the team and contributing in league matches you can start waxing lyrical about the majestic academy we have.

In a game that Enzo clearly wasn't arsed about losing I'm not sure it's a good example.

How many times did he opt to put 2 keepers on the bench instead of an academy player in league games this season?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

When we have 8 academy players regularly in the team and contributing in league matches you can start waxing lyrical about the majestic academy we have.

In a game that Enzo clearly wasn't arsed about losing I'm not sure it's a good example.

How many times did he opt to put 2 keepers on the bench instead of an academy player in league games this season?

Um, i'm not waxing lyrical about the academy just questioning the validity of this suggestion: 

if it was about developing talent a lot more would be out on loan

There is surely a point being made about the academy's ability to 'develop talent' and a lack of emphasis on loans when we put out a team that is 50% made up of academy/ex-acedmy players.

I have no idea what albrighton and praet have to do with this - no one is talking about this status being a regular occurrence,  but given that raikhy and cover were both given first starts, it is clear that maresca prefers to have players close to him rather than on loan and is not afraid of throwing them in at the deep end.

The '2 keepers' argument is a bit thin - there will always be five plus first team fringe players (albrighton, praet, yunus etc) that will be the go to players as subs - a 2nd keeper or an academy player would simply be making up the numbers.

And i'm not sure enzo wasn't arsed, but simply hopeful that the back up players were good enough to get a result, which proved to be generally correct.

What ever shortcomings the academy has, it's function as a pipeline to the first team is not one of them.

U21 v Southampton SEagrave 7.00

Young

Wormleighton Cartwright Godsmark-Ford Cover

Ali

Briggs Ewing Lindley Raikhy Thomas

Pennant

According to FotMob

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

U21 v Southampton SEagrave 7.00

Young

Wormleighton Cartwright Godsmark-Ford Cover

Ali

Briggs Ewing Lindley Thomas

Pennant

According to FotMob

Its Raikhy not Lindley :)

• Thanks 1

On 27/01/2024 at 20:17, ramadaone said:

So what ?

over-reaction.gif.41eb6c638c2673309b6620c8598e487a.gif

On 28/01/2024 at 12:11, filbertway said:

You take an arrogant bullish stance on believing what Enzo was thinking,and then have the audacity to sell him short.

How the hell do you or others know what he’s thinking..

Hes changed the team selection on several occasions,using academy players or younger players…Your debating skills fall short on 20 game selection policies..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You take an arrogant bullish stance on believing what Enzo was thinking,and then have the audacity to sell him short.

How the hell do you or others know what he’s thinking..

Hes changed the team selection on several occasions,using academy players or younger players…Your debating skills fall short on 20 game selection policies..

Oh I just use evidence. There's a clear pattern, its upto you if you want to ignore it my man. :D

On 27/01/2024 at 20:17, ramadaone said:

So what ?

Who gave beaglehole access to wifi? 

• Haha 1