Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

Silko Thomas spoke of his desire to continue working his way into Leicester City’s First Team squad in the future.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3873415/thomas-first-team-minutes-the-target?fbclid=IwAR2Iuh4pQt-DF1zBjF5DT8qkWh8z498y4_3Nxwr76cCWqfbFod5yBKlebiw&lang=en

33 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

That’s in Market Harborough big private school with a football academy , they also own half of the town :D

Yeah - they are everywhere but to be fair all the kids at it seem really nice. They bought one of the old hotels and use it for accomodation. Even bought one of the houses down my road.

Neighbour did joke that they would buy the whole town if they could. Think they also have on of the private boxes at the KP.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Yeah - they are everywhere but to be fair all the kids at it seem really nice. They bought one of the old hotels and use it for accomodation. Even bought one of the houses down my road.

Neighbour did joke that they would buy the whole town if they could. Think they also have on of the private boxes at the KP.

Bought a couple of hotels and pubs, the old angel hotel the copper field hotel the old union inn pub , multiple houses down my road and Coventry road, Leicester road and around the town . Also own  numerous  other premises they rent out . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

That’s in Market Harborough big private school with a football academy , they also own half of the town :D

Am I correct in saying that professional clubs are unable to sign any players from there? Sure I read that before.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Am I correct in saying that professional clubs are unable to sign any players from there? Sure I read that before.

Not entirely sure to be honest but I do know it’s quite a weird set up so wouldn’t surprise me . It’s more a private school for overseas privileged kids or ones winning a scholarship and they happen to have  football academy .As far as I understand it the students tend to do day / week courses at  various footballs clubs with most finally going back to their countries  and playing lower level football if at all . 

Edited by baldeagle

Just now, baldeagle said:

Not entirely sure to be honest but I do know it’s quite a weird set up so wouldn’t surprise me . It’s more a private school for overseas privileged kids or ones winning a scholarship and they happen to have  football academy .As far as I understand it the students tend to do day / week courses at  various footballs clubs with most find back to their counties and playing lower level football if at all . 

Yeah that sounds about right, they only have temporary residence in the UK and if a professional club tried to sign them, they'd need to apply for a visa and work permit which up until recently would be very unlikely to be granted but for British clubs they can have up to 4 but still might be difficult given the status of such a player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah that sounds about right, they only have temporary residence in the UK and if a professional club tried to sign them, they'd need to apply for a visa and work permit which up until recently would be very unlikely to be granted but for British clubs they can have up to 4 but still might be difficult given the status of such a player.

Deniche Hill was from there. 

21 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t we sign Hill from there?

20 minutes ago, Fox on the Rox said:

Deniche Hill was from there. 

Yes you're right, not sure if he has any British relatives or because he'd already represented Bermuda senior team because historically its been very difficult.

I knew I'd read the article on it somewhere

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/2906796/2021/11/25/brooke-house-college-links-with-leicester-kanu-and-okocha-and-coaching-youngsters-from-around-the-globe/%3famp=1

Currently, the rules on International Transfer Certificates require overseas players to gain enough points through the Government Body Endorsement system, similar to the visa system, to be able to play in an FA affiliated league, and the FA’s interpretation is different to many places on the continent, where students are exempt.

Previously foreign students could play for Brooke House College in the local leagues, like the English Colleges Football Association, and the Independent Schools Football Association’s amateur leagues, but the FA started to clamp down on these leagues, saying foreign players need an ITC to play. Effectively, schools are treated the same as professional clubs and the students the same as professional players.

The FA stance is that if a player is a student and moves without their parents to another country temporarily for academic reasons in order to undertake an exchange programme then they may qualify under the relevant exemption. However, the player’s new club or academic institution must be purely amateur with no legal, financial or de facto links to a professional club. The move must be made solely for academic reasons and not motivated in full or in part by football activity.

FIFA’s regulations on the status and transfer of players (RSTP) relate to all national associations,” a FA spokesperson said. “As a result, all affiliated competitions and their member teams, whether they are clubs or academic institutions, are required to comply with Article 19.2 of the RSTP which prohibits the international transfer of a player if they are under the age of 18 unless they meet one of the stated exemptions.”

The Athletic has also contacted FIFA but have not received a response at the time of publication.

As many of the students don’t qualify for an ITC through the GBE system, it has left Brooke House struggling to provide enough match experience to compliment the coaching in the academy, stifling the progress of young players who are then forced to move to Europe.

Brooke House has been seeking a legal solution for the past two years and claim that FIFA itself does not agree with the FA’s stance. In the meantime, players like Kelvin John will look to Europe — and usually Belgium.

John was proposed to the college by an academy in Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania and the college provided financial assistance for John to study at Brooke House, where he excelled on the pitch, but despite being a full international for Tanzania he didn’t meet the ITC criteria.

13 hours ago, lcfcnsk said:

The standard must have seriously raised in the last few years if we sign players from there. Harborough folk used to play against some of them down at the Leisure centre and they were absolutley wank. Some of their accomdation makes the Travelodge look posh

Edited by South Shire Fox

19 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

No

Due to the change in the transfer rules for British clubs that came in this summer, although we can only get 4 players who'd not ordinarily qualify for a work permit and not sure clubs would use one for their academy unless there's seperate rules for that.

• Like 1