Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Due to the change in the transfer rules for British clubs that came in this summer, although we can only get 4 players who'd not ordinarily qualify for a work permit and not sure clubs would use one for their academy unless there's seperate rules for that.

I was answering your assumption. It is subjective and depending on how a club view a player, and what other needs other departments have will determine if they use a spot or 4.

They actually have some very good players on occasion. They play in competition below professional academies, however they also play many friendlies against Cat 1 academies.

They have a much broader scope to recruit foreign footballers, as they are an education provider, rather than a professional football club, so different rules. This can be used by those who want to become a professional (especially in England) as a way to showcase yourself and get noticed.

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

I was answering your assumption. It is subjective and depending on how a club view a player, and what other needs other departments have will determine if they use a spot or 4.

They actually have some very good players on occasion. They play in competition below professional academies, however they also play many friendlies against Cat 1 academies.

They have a much broader scope to recruit foreign footballers, as they are an education provider, rather than a professional football club, so different rules. This can be used by those who want to become a professional (especially in England) as a way to showcase yourself and get noticed.

Another question, which was referred to in the article I put up. Right to Dream academy have had players come over apparently? that is a serious hot bed of talent. It was also reported somewhere that we've someone working at LCFC that had previous links to that academy. 

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Another question, which was referred to in the article I put up. Right to Dream academy have had players come over apparently? that is a serious hot bed of talent. It was also reported somewhere that we've someone working at LCFC that had previous links to that academy. 

It's possibe, but I am not aware of it. 

I am unsure we have Ghanaian staff? Or someone who has a history or connection with them. However the club staff have connections all over the world usually with other similar individuals. 

Having a contact at an "academy" outside of a professional academy, has always been helpful for me. 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

It's possibe, but I am not aware of it. 

I am unsure we have Ghanaian staff? Or someone who has a history or connection with them. However the club staff have connections all over the world usually with other similar individuals. 

Having a contact at an "academy" outside of a professional academy, has always been helpful for me. 

Yeah it was founded by Tom Vernon who was previously a scout for Man Utd. 

Think it was said at the time that our links to the academy enabled us to get Kamal Sowah which had surprised many, as players tend not to slip through there that easily.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it was founded by Tom Vernon who was previously a scout for Man Utd. 

Think it was said at the time that our links to the academy enabled us to get Kamal Sowah which had surprised many, as players tend not to slip through there that easily.

Well if that's the case now you are informing me. 

It would make sence for there to be elite centres in other countries with links to Europe especially, England even more so due to the finances, and restrictions, before 18. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryy said:

I'm happy with the club for providing these videos, but my word they're a slog to get through.

I know this happens with the first-team highlights videos as well, but why spend 4 minutes of a 15-minute video showing the players walking out and lining up before kick-off? That could be cut to 30 seconds max.

Then they spelled Brad Young's surname incorrectly ('Yound') in the list of subs and kept showing an ident with the WSL logo instead of a PL/PL Cup one.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I know this happens with the first-team highlights videos as well, but why spend 4 minutes of a 15-minute video showing the players walking out and lining up before kick-off? That could be cut to 30 seconds max

My theory is the club genuinely believed the people who complained about tifos obstructing their view when they said the players walking out is their favourite bit of the game lol and think we all really enjoy a good 2 minute walking out the tunnel clip

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm happy with the club for providing these videos, but my word they're a slog to get through.

I know this happens with the first-team highlights videos as well, but why spend 4 minutes of a 15-minute video showing the players walking out and lining up before kick-off? That could be cut to 30 seconds max.

Then they spelled Brad Young's surname incorrectly ('Yound') in the list of subs and kept showing an ident with the WSL logo instead of a PL/PL Cup one.

Not forgetting the fact that the game was 6 days ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

This annoys me so much I don’t count walking out  and lining up match highlights 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, baldeagle said:

This annoys me so much I don’t count walking out  and lining up match highlights 

I don't see it as football, it was much better when the teams came out separately  so you could cheer or boo the respective teams. Another side effect of the hooligan 70s

• Like 3

Under 18s kicked off at half past away against Spurs

Went 1-0 up in the 1st minute, Josh King scored

French, Aluko, Joseph, Neale, Amartey, McAlinney, Otchere, Ononaye, King, Donnelly, Omobolaji

Subs: Marson, Khela, Loureiro, R Evans, Toure

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s kicked off at half past away against Spurs

Went 1-0 up in the 1st minute, Josh King scored

French, Aluko, Joseph, Neale, Amartey, McAlinney, Otchere, Ononaye, King, Donnelly, Omobolaji

Subs: Marson, Khela, Loureiro, R Evans, Toure

Ain’t that Omobolaji the one that’s just come over from Uganda 

55 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Ain’t that Omobolaji the one that’s just come over from Uganda 

No he has a different surname.  The only Omobolaji I can find is one who plays for Palace.  I presume it is the Ugandan lad and it’s a typo?

Edited by Lineker's Left Foot

6 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

No he has a different surname.  The only Omobolaji I can find is one who plays for Palace.  I presume it is the Ugandan lad and it’s a typo?

Think it is him from palace 

Just now, studentofthegame said:

I saw an earlier comment about us going 1-0 up and seeing this message not one single part of me thought we were the ones winning 4-1 

Fully assumed the academy teams had had another collapse 

We did concede 2 in injury time and it finished 4-3 to us. 

Just now, studentofthegame said:

I saw an earlier comment about us going 1-0 up and seeing this message not one single part of me thought we were the ones winning 4-1 

Fully assumed the academy teams had had another collapse 

Ended 4-3 nearly did collapse tbf