Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

On 10/02/2024 at 16:59, moore_94 said:

image.png.c0b56dc16de1f90bd7bde2b6647bdb71.png

image.png.e806627dcee4e7aaa29beca28c869064.png image.png.6dfa9ef9898105b14c10740fc9cbc864.png

Footage from the game came up on my feed today. Josh King has a bit of Vardy to his game!

For me it's really interesting seeing how open games in youth football are. It's clear to me that at youth level there is way more focus on systematic football and positional play. Whether that's a good thing or not is an interesting debate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Footage from the game came up on my feed today. Josh King has a bit of Vardy to his game!

For me it's really interesting seeing how open games in youth football are. It's clear to me that at youth level there is way more focus on systematic football and positional play. Whether that's a good thing or not is an interesting debate.

That Ononaye looks a good player. Some lovely through balls for the striker

• Like 2

King is very much a Vardy type player and "just" scores goals. In order to eventually force his way into Enzo's reckoning he will have to improve the other aspects of his game quite considerably. Plenty of time to do that though so the ball is very much in his court.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

That Ononaye looks a good player. Some lovely through balls for the striker

Every one was spot on, although could be the highlights… decent 

1 minute ago, Burbagefox89 said:

Ewing and Alves appear to be rotating up front. Brandon Cover and Will Alves looking very good

I wonder if Cover plays vs Bournemouth 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who's Petty playing up front this time then? Defensive midfielder Oli Ewing?

Good to see Alves amongst the goals, its only a matter of time surely.

we often have 3 cbs and Hamza I would ewe could make space for Alves and not have to leave out one of the other wingers which I hope we will going forward, Alves can offer a different skill set to most of our other attacking options

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we often have 3 cbs and Hamza I would ewe could make space for Alves and not have to leave out one of the other wingers which I hope we will going forward, Alves can offer a different skill set to most of our other attacking options

No chance he's going to drop one of Coady, Nelson or Doyle from the subs bench and Hamza is also needed. Unfortunately he's competing with Akgün and McAteer for a spot.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No chance he's going to drop one of Coady, Nelson or Doyle from the subs bench and Hamza is also needed. Unfortunately he's competing with Akgün and McAteer for a spot.

Would have him ahead of both. Much higher ceiling than McAteer, and Yunus won’t be here next season. 

13 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Would have him ahead of both. Much higher ceiling than McAteer, and Yunus won’t be here next season. 

I would once he's proven he's ready (which he can't do until he's given a chance). At the very least I think he will start vs Bournemouth and hopefully the rest is history.

• Like 1