Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

To me, it just felt like a statement which prioritised the club's sensitivities over the feelings of many fans. It's not so much about wanting blood, it's about saying clearly, without too much fluff, 'haven't you figured out yet that you made this happen? And so, bearing in mind you really weren't primarily responsible for all those achievements you listed, what's going to change now?' In a way, it's the mirror response to Top's statement. I sympathise with them, but they've really failed to capture the mood of the moment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

To me, it just felt like a statement which prioritised the club's sensitivities over the feelings of many fans. It's not so much about wanting blood, it's about saying clearly, without too much fluff, 'haven't you figured out yet that you made this happen? And so, bearing in mind you really weren't primarily responsible for all those achievements you listed, what's going to change now?' In a way, it's the mirror response to Top's statement. I sympathise with them, but they've really failed to capture the mood of the moment.

That's exactly what it is. 

They don't want to jeapordise their coach priority and prawn sandwiches. 

34 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

Judging by their statement far to many as they don't like to hear the fans voices and prefer to sugarcoat things instead 

problem is they have a seat in meetings witht the club (- may be they are compromised) - I wonder if we we should start a trust to represent real supporters

Edited by foxinsocks

27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

They are probably monitoring this thread and sorting posters into categories. Those who agree, “sensible”. Those who don’t, “stupid”. 

No one in the “sensible” column yet.

Remember this gem:

Reading some match reports later, it appeared that when Rodgers went over to the Leicester fans at the end of the game, some idiots were holding up a banner calling for him to be sacked, only for some more sensible supporters pulling it down; I wasn’t aware of that, nor of the apparent booing by some idiots.  You might not like what you see but Brentford are a good team who have only lost at home to Arsenal this season, and surely we support our players when we can see that they are doing their best.

FYI - your disclaimer doesn’t work. 

If the moron who wrote this is still part of your organisations, you shouldn’t be issuing any statement whatsoever.

Absolutely. The epitome of the type of fan complicit in our demise who is always happy to settle for less.

Edit: Just realised that this specific incident is when a woman was holding up a Rodgers out banner and the people being labelled as sensible are the ones who abused and spat at her. Jesus wept.

Edited by Basingstoke Fox
  • Like 2

What’s happened, I think is that they’ve  met someone semi high up in the club and it’s gone to their heads about being ‘ part of the club’ and now they toe the line because they think the club will like them more. It’s a form of hero-worshipping.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment that you exist as a group to ensure the viability of that football club going forward, how can you hold to that belief when we were heading, and have headed to a completely unexpected relegation that has significant financial ramifications to the club (more so than any other relegation) and leaves is in a situation of s*** or bust, when it comes to an immediate return. You've been negligent in your duties as you should have been putting pressure of the board in the summer and certainly demanding Rodgers' sacking, even if putting aside your (very odd and out of touch) collective, personal view for the betterment of the club.

Guest Mee-9
1 hour ago, Stadt said:

From a Tanner article in the Athletic in January after the Forest loss…

“Union FS can only express our dismay at the management on and off the pitch,” a spokesperson for Union FS, which chooses only to communicate as a collective, told The Athletic. “Beyond results on the pitch, there’s a deep-seated malaise overcoming not just our members but the fanbase at large. We fear that the mismanagement is putting the future existence of the club in doubt.”

The thing I worry about with the Union FS though is the weight they pull with regards to the club. Do they have much influence at all? They've not really got a 'seat at the table' have they with regards to relaying concern and questioning the club. 

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

In Tops statement he referenced having received hundreds or was it thousands of messages. How, I wonder does anyone message him or anyone else in the management at LCFC. 

It was written 'a massive amount'.

You can reach some of the board members via email. Only way to get Top is to catch him on the polo field or at a fancy London restaurant. Or if he goes through his instagram junk messages. 

3 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

The thing I worry about with the Union FS though is the weight they pull with regards to the club. Do they have much influence at all? They've not really got a 'seat at the table' have they with regards to relaying concern and questioning the club. 

If any fan group held any influence with the club we wouldn't have this current, apparent loathing of anyone who isn't a smiling, clapper banging, gift shop visiting fan.

I cannot understand how the board couldn’t see this coming much earlier on in the season ? Fans expressed their concerns, pundits and weekly warnings on talk sport for example, that Leicester were sleep walking into relegation. Then the most mind boggling decision was not sacking Brendan before the recent World Cup break, but waiting until one game after, and then sacking him. Surely it would have been more productive to give Dean smith the 2 week break to get started with the club ? Seems to me like Top, Rudking etc… behaved like Ostriches, burying their heads in the sand until it was too late. 

14 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

They communicate with directors semi-regularly, not sure how much they listen. That article certainly went down like a lead balloon, it was right though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

To be fair, the working relationship and communication aspect between UFS and the club is fairly decent. There are usually a handful of meetings throughout the season with some of the representatives (not board level but they do report into the board). How much the club listens and actively actions changes depends on the topic/club willingness. However, there are plenty of good conversations that go on.

Sometimes the relationship is strained and there is conflict on viewpoints but it is all part of an open and honest dialogue. UFS are not about agreeing with everything the club do, it is about making necessary challenges to the status quo and raising concerns.

So if people in the fanbase feel frustrated with anything around the club/matchday and feel they cannot get anywhere, UFS are always welcoming to being contacted (email/messages on here etc.). Not saying that every problem can be sorted and a perfect outcome received, but as a group it will do the best to represent the fanbase as best as possible.

• Like 3

Is anyone really surprised at this pathetic attempt of a statement from this group. Forgot they even existed the last few years but it's clear to see they're in bed with the club and only put out what they think won't hinder their relationship whatsoever. They will continue to receive their front row tickets at away games for them and all of their group. I can also guarantee you the members of this group are all of a certain age and demographic who all share the same views. We wouldn't know though as they don't like to release any information whatsoever about what the group is, what they do or who is in it.

For all the stick UFS get (and i have nothing to do with them either) they make a lot of effort to get people involved with the group e.g i remember them doing a radio interview explaining what the group is, they run annual football tournaments for anyone to get involved and they also do a lot of charity work. Foxes trust don't even post on social media now. They've turned up at the end of the season with a half hearted statement meaning absolutely nothing and continue to obviously enjoy all the benefits and perks from the club. 

Do i blame them? If i was receiving front row tickets for me and all of my group for every game of my choosing, i wouldn't like to upset my gift bearer too. Just a joke when they try and act as if they are a "voice of the fans" when they are absolutely not and will never speak for me or from what i am reading majority of our fans.

I've also seen some of this groups members posts on Facebook and have also had some interactions with them at some away games and let me just say they are the most arrogant, self serving people i have seen. The way they act is as if they are the most loyal supporters as they travel home and away on paid for coaches by the club whilst they sit on the front rows also given to them by the club. If i'm correct someone named Ginetta is a part of this group and some of the comments i have seen by her on Facebook regarding other fan groups is absolutely disgusting. I'm assuming as they are not of a certain demographic though (young, only started supporting in 2016, wannabe ultras type of demographic) they won't get half the stick that they deserve to.

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9
16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They communicate with directors semi-regularly, not sure how much they listen. That article certainly went down like a lead balloon, it was right though.

Oh really? Did the club react to the article?