Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

31 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

So you think we did win the league spending like Man City & Chelsea? We didn’t. Our team cost something like £20m. And even if we did spend lots of money overall, do you think that makes them great, or just rich?

The recruitment was good, but that was largely down to great scouting from the likes of Steve Walsh and others. Not throwing money around.

The owners got lucky. They appointed several managers, most of which were pants. Pearson and Ranieri were the exceptions (neither appointed on the back of great research, more on their reputation), and fortunately both of them had a huge positive influence on the club no one could have foreseen.

That doesn’t mean Vichai didn’t do any good things behind the scenes or that he was hopeless. Just that, he and Top get far too much credit when football is about what goes on on the pitch. Unless you’re major rich in football terms, any success you have will be down to great management and/or clever recruitment.

(to be clear, it was very much the previous clever recruitment that Rodgers dined off before he started having his own ideas about it, and not great management).

This. No one in the board room sat there and said, right let’s go and win this thing. No one put Vardy down for 24 goals. No one thought Kante would be the best player in the league. No one thought Mahrez would be a reincarnation of Cafu and Denilson. The title win had as much to do with KP as it did with any of us as fans. Clever recruitment, the stars aligning. Exceptional work ethic. Our investment was on par with 2nd season promoted side. 

The title win wasn’t lucky but KP got lucky. Given them credit for that is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

So you think we did win the league spending like Man City & Chelsea? We didn’t. Our team cost something like £20m. And even if we did spend lots of money overall, do you think that makes them great, or just rich?

The recruitment was good, but that was largely down to great scouting from the likes of Steve Walsh and others. Not throwing money around.

The owners got lucky. They appointed several managers, most of which were pants. Pearson and Ranieri were the exceptions (neither appointed on the back of great research, more on their reputation), and fortunately both of them had a huge positive influence on the club no one could have foreseen.

That doesn’t mean Vichai didn’t do any good things behind the scenes or that he was hopeless. Just that, he and Top get far too much credit when football is about what goes on on the pitch. Unless you’re major rich in football terms, any success you have will be down to great management and/or clever recruitment.

(to be clear, it was very much the previous clever recruitment that Rodgers dined off before he started having his own ideas about it, and not great management).

But we didn’t just win the league? We won the FA Cup, two top 5 finishes, UCL quarter final and a community shield. I don’t think that’s just luck, do you? 

The title season obviously had some luck to it. You don’t win a title at 5000-1 odds without luck. However, the owners deserve a lot of credit for funding and overseeing the most successful period in the club’s history. They have made mistakes since, but they’ve also invested significantly (in the squad and club) and written off a large amount of debt.

My argument is that they have done a lot of positive things and our judgement on them should reflect that. Whilst also holding them to to account for errors that have contributed to the relegation. I’m not a KP cheerleader, just an LCFC fan who feels fortunate to have experienced the highs of recent years and wants the best for the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

But i do agree that inevitably you get praise when it goes well and criticism when it goes badly. I don’t believe Top is a saint and the reality is that owners like players and managers will come and go.

I would like to see measured criticism of the owners based on the success they have achieved and the errors that have resulted in relegation.
I think the lack of communication has been a huge issue, but I think the long term investment in the clubs prosperity and the writing off debt is reflective of a genuine commitment to the club.

On balance they have been very good owners in my opinion. They invested in the squad (6th largest wage bill last year) and in the club. They have tried to bridge the gap with larger clubs, but it is a very competitive market.

im genuinely upset that we haven’t been able to establish ourselves as a Top 10 side, but I feel it hasn’t been through a lack of commitment. Errors can occur; and the owners have made a lot of them leading to this relegation. However I do think they have really tried.

I hope that makes sense.  We do all want the same things and it might be time for the owners to move on. However, I don’t feel right turning on them, because I don’t think it’s warranted. I’ll stop bothering you now!

I also feel they have been good owners and hope they continue. 

I don’t agree with the talk of it being time to move on for KP. Unless we get bought by super rich tycoons who are willing to invest but in reality that’s not gonna happen. We need to get back to the PL again first and I do believe that will be their first and foremost priority also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Just checking in to see if Foxes Trust has an addendum to their initial jok…err…statement. 🤨

Expect them to not log into their account until this time next year 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It'd show how much they value other supporter's viewpoints if they never attempt to log in and respond to a query or two on here..

Foxes Trust, from the outside, seems like an 'inner crircle' of friends running it and not overly fussed about anyone else wanting to be a member of it.

• Like 1

This is the first visit we have made to this message board since posting the original link, so we are not ignoring comments made to date but have just read through them all and while we can't answer so many viewpoints, we will post again within the next few days

On 03/06/2023 at 00:32, Foxes_Trust said:

This is the first visit we have made to this message board since posting the original link, so we are not ignoring comments made to date but have just read through them all and while we can't answer so many viewpoints, we will post again within the next few days

Too busy glazing rudkins meat to form any sort of reply? 

Hilarious 

It's a no win for you guys now, there's one of two scenarios at play here

1) you're inept and useless if you do in fact have any relevant input with the club. It's just gone to show you are gutless and anonymous.

2) you don't have any actual input with the club and just pretend you do which is quite frankly a bit weird.

On 31/05/2023 at 13:57, Raj said:

@Foxes_Trust

After 6 pages  since your original post you REALLY should respond with what posters have said(rightly or wrongly).

Maybe this forum isn't best suited for you if you don't feel the need to be in any sort of dialogue with your fellow supporters(I say this as a founder member of the group!)

You still one of the members? Think it's time for a coup!

On 31/05/2023 at 08:38, dbtcity said:

Can I suggest you bin off this article and let @Ric Flair write a new 1… 

@Ric Flair, to be appointed the new Foxes Trust main spokesperson?..:ph34r:

Seriously, would do a better job of speaking how the supporters really feel of the current plight than the current members - full of passion etc..

Just needs to curb down on the swearing, based on his excellent podcasts/videos recently..;)

• Haha 1

On 02/06/2023 at 16:32, Foxes_Trust said:

wait-what.gif

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2023 at 00:59, jim5000 said:

Why do they keep on capitalising the word 'Club'?

Perhaps they're German.

But probably to make it clear they mean the legal entity/organization that is LCFC, and not some more nebulous concept which might sound like it includes fans...

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Think I have up after the first few years.

Wonder why...

I can't think why. They sound like a barrel of laughs and appear to be a very representative and diverse cross section of Leicester fans. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2023 at 00:32, Foxes_Trust said:

You guys are a little club... you have every right to do as you please.  Well done.

However, you shouldn't try to represent fans.  You dont.    Who cares what foxes trust think?  Who do you think you are talking to?