Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Any update on this? Next steps, plans, next time you're speaking to the club? 

What questions have you prepared so far? 

How many emails have you received? Are any of the points, valid ones at that, on here being taken into consideration? 

We are where we are!

Can't help but think that the members of Foxes Trust only care about themselves, and don't really value the opinion of others who are not part of it.

Their original message was fairly poorly worded.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

@Foxes_Trust, I concur that it would be great as our ‘official supporters trust’ for you to share the questions you will be putting forward to the club. This is by far and away the biggest online forum of LCFC fans, can you share on here?

so glad they were aggressive enough and disappointed enough to formulate a list of questions to ask the club..

I have a genuine point for the trust to put to the club if they could. If I remember correctly during our last season in the championship the club had promised some kind of refund on season tickets if we didn’t have a certain amount of Saturday kick offs. This was due to the ridiculous number of matches we had moved from Saturday the previous season.

Will the club be making such promises this season as I’m fearing Saturday kick offs will be an even rarer treat than when in the prem. 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2023 at 07:46, StanSP said:

Any update on this? Next steps, plans, next time you're speaking to the club? 

What questions have you prepared so far? 

How many emails have you received? Are any of the points, valid ones at that, on here being taken into consideration? 

A list of questions has been compiled and will be finalised and put forwards to the club soon

We will not publish the questions on our website/social media/message boards ahead of submitting them to the club and will determine our next step depending on the clubs response

We have not received any e-mails from fans who are not Trust members, therefore if posters on here want to contribute, they should e-mail any board member listed on our website

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Please explain the point of you guys if you don’t publish the questions but then claim to speak on behalf of the fans? I’m sorry but it Sounds like BS to me.

The likelihood of getting a positive response from the club if the questions were made public ahead of submitting to the club would be considerably reduced.

Just now, Foxes_Trust said:

The likelihood of getting a positive response from the club if the questions were made public ahead of submitting to the club would be considerably reduced.

So as fans please explain how that makes the rest of us have anymore of a better understanding? 

We are not heard as it is, yet now the fan group that represent the fans is keeping the majority of the fans in the dark also?

Are we suppose to just sit here and “trust the process”? Because that doesn’t appear to be working very well, does it now.

Personally as a fan I am sick and tired of being left in the dark with what is going on & seriously think you guys as a trust need to understand how the fan base truly feel, because it appears from the outside, you guys are just stuck in your own bubble. Whether that’s due to the lack of communication, I don’t know. 

I just find it confusing to have a fan group, if you then don’t communicate questions and outcomes to the fans. What is your purpose?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

A list of questions has been compiled and will be finalised and put forwards to the club soon

We will not publish the questions on our website/social media/message boards ahead of submitting them to the club and will determine our next step depending on the clubs response

We have not received any e-mails from fans who are not Trust members, therefore if posters on here want to contribute, they should e-mail any board member listed on our website

What date will the questions be put forward? 

At least then people on here have a deadline to email you if they so wish? How soon is 'soon'? 

12 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

This is like Brendan blaming the fans for being nervous during matches. I think many on the forum would happily contribute if you were remotely collaborative about the types of questions that will be selected and how they need to be framed. Why would i spend time putting something together that you will likely completely ignore? Its simply unbelievable that you are not going to explain how the questions will be sent and to who. In fact, its simply unbelievable that you haven't even done it yet! The club has appointed a new manager already before you have engaged about the issues from last season.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

This is like Brendan blaming the fans for being nervous during matches. I think many on the forum would happily contribute if you were remotely collaborative about the types of questions that will be selected and how they need to be framed. Why would i spend time putting something together that you will likely completely ignore? Its simply unbelievable that you are not going to explain how the questions will be sent and to who. In fact, its simply unbelievable that you haven't even done it yet! The club has appointed a new manager already before you have engaged about the issues from last season.  

I think the answer is, and it’s one I have a certain respect for, that they are primarily an organisation for members of the Trust - that to achieve a greater level of engagement one should join up. 

That said, it’s their poor level of communication with the wider body of fans from both them and the club on its dealings with the Trust that leads to the overwhelming impression they are a pointless paper tiger and not an active campaigning organisation. 

The solution to this would be to have a cohort of new members join and stand for posts - but then would the club do anything differently to how it didn’t respond to everyone politely asking for action on Rodgers?

Ultimately, I think fan orgs at the top end of the pyramid are a throwback to a time when it mattered, a time before clubs like ours became venue, entertainment and merchandising operations over being community clubs. 

Now, to effect change, mass scale denial of spending is the only way to force the club into engaging - something people here were clearly not willing to do over the last couple of seasons. 

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxSinceBirth said:

So out of touch its unbelievable!

True, but I do try to keep up with modern things. I love the musical offering of that young Ed Capaldini, and am still trying to join the Swifties - I can’t believe ornithology is so popular there a fan group for just one bird these days. 

• Haha 1

How will you know if your question has been put forward if the Foxes Trust are not publicising the questions that have been put forward?

And as for your logic of worrying about how the club might perceive the questions being made public that you are supposedly asking them to hold them to account…

”Which people would you like to sit on the jury Mr Accused?”

On 16/06/2023 at 07:19, StanSP said:

What date will the questions be put forward? 

At least then people on here have a deadline to email you if they so wish? How soon is 'soon'? 

We plan to submit next week, so ideally any questions to be sent to us within the next few days

On 16/06/2023 at 05:37, Daggers said:

You can only ask this question by forwarding it to a member of the Trust’s board - which can be achieved by visiting their secret pillow fort round their mum’s house - providing you have gathered signatures from both Trust members gaining their permission to ask a question.

NB.no negative or club critical questions will be permitted. Allowable questions to maximise the chance of the club replying by 2043 include:

• What colour will the home shirt be this season?
  • Can I clap happily all game?
  • Is it true that LCFC has the best CEO?
  • Can I buy Mr Rudkin a gift to say ‘well done for doing a great job’?

Seriously, originally we stated that questions could be submitted to any board member listed on the website, however several are on holiday currently, so given the timescale above please e-mail any questions to either [email protected] or [email protected]

We will respond via e-mail to any e-mails received 

Edited by Foxes_Trust

5 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

We plan to submit next week, so ideally any questions to be sent to us within the next few days

Why can't any questions from members of this forum submit them to you on this thread?

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

On 16/06/2023 at 13:02, Chelmofox said:

We will compare any questions e-mailed to us to those already generated, how they are phrased when sent to us is less important, as we are likely to use elements of what we receive rather than use "word for word"

We will respond via e-mail in more detail to any received 

9 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Why can't any questions from members of this forum submit them to you on this thread?

We follow this policy so any enagagement (to the level of submitting questions to LCFC) is with fans willing to directly communicate with the Trust and not hide behind message board/social media user names 

As Daggers points out above, our primary function is to represent our members and we have all their contact details

The Trust has always been open about those running the Trust (details on our website)

• Like 1