Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

20 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Seriously, originally we stated that questions could be submitted to any board member listed on the website, however several are on holiday currently, so given the timescale above please e-mail any questions to either [email protected] or [email protected]

We will respond via e-mail to any e-mails received 

Seriously sweetcheeks,

It was humour, you missed my following post where I kinda stuck up for you, and maybe try posting at any other time other than gone midnight on the weekend.

Well good luck, but i think your approach and apathy mirrors the club somewhat and i don't see what you are going to get out of it. We all saw where this was heading for sometime, so as a group you should have been asking questions a long time ago. Even if you didn't want to, you should have struck immediately after relegation and the reality is you had no excuses not to.

To be towards the end of June and have done nothing, using members holidays as an excuse, is very, very strange and just shows you were nowhere near 'on' this at all. You are literally going slower than the club who have had their review (although the results are private) and have recruited a new manager and are clearly going down a different path. 

Good luck again and i hope you prove me wrong and get something insightful from them. 

• Like 4

Not sure that I get all this hostility towards the @Foxes_Trust. Perhaps I've missed something :dunno:

Any road, if they can persuade the club to drop the awful monkey dancing goal music and let us celebrate without the choreography it would be an achievement. We need a fresh impetus, back to basics approach and at least look like we mean business. Fed up of the cringe worthy match experience. Is this the sort of thing that Foxes Trust can influence? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure that I get all this hostility towards the @Foxes_Trust. Perhaps I've missed something :dunno:

Any road, if they can persuade the club to drop the awful monkey dancing goal music and let us celebrate without the choreography it would be an achievement. We need a fresh impetus, back to basics approach and at least look like we mean business. Fed up of the cringe worthy match experience. Is this the sort of thing that Foxes Trust can influence? 

I doubt they've even thought about that in their questions lol

(unless you email) 

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The Matchday experience will only get a fresh impetus by the team actually winning games. The goal music, the god awful (and 1 section of 1 stand specific) fancam and the malfunctioning t-shirt cannons (and accompanying crap throwers) is aimed at the younger audience (my 7 year old loves the goal music) and pale into insignificance compared to the decisions that impact on what happens on the pitch. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I doubt they'll change anything re matchday antics. They're clearly aimed at children nothing is done or thought about  the needs of the youth and young men demograph. The kids = merchandise sales and as @Daggers said it's more of an entertainment and merchandising operations, although their definition of entertainment is aimed at off the pitch.

It would be interesting to know the background of the people that are responsible for their matchday entertainment I'd hazard a guess there aren't too many youth and young men who actually go to the football for the football.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Jeeze, the club slept walked into one of the most farcical relegation ever, even having players (with one foot out of the door) saying 'everything going to be just fine'. Kept their toxic manager who wanted to be nowhere near the club even when sat on the bottom of the PL after 6 games. Orchestrated a ridiculous mismanagement of contracts where we are massively overpaying 'talent' yet refused to sell any of the dead wood last summer and only recruiting 1 player (which was forced because of Fofana). 

This group should have been all over that far earlier in the season, making it clear to the club that what we were seeing from management to team performances weren't good enough. But yeah, lets just talk about goal music....

• Like 4

On 31/05/2023 at 00:43, iancognito said:

If I'm honest, you guys weren't vocal enough during the season.

It was becoming increasingly obvious post-World Cup this is where we were heading. With every loss and desperate performance on the pitch the trap door got larger and larger and given all the efforts to get the club on it's feet and stable in the first place, I'd have expected something public from the Trust questioning whether certain individuals had their hands on the steering wheel. Whilst people in the stands singing Sack The Board were getting jeered, it needed official groups such as this to be more present in the media, to at least be questioning our direction and leadership.

When I look at similar clubs in our position - Everton, Leeds, Forest - all had interviews on local and national tv and & radio and all were far more critical of what got them into their perilous positions. The general consensus is that the ownership still carry our respect and gratitude but that those below them advising and representing various parts of the workings of the club were asleep at the wheel and simply complacent and almost compliant in our downfall.

And when I say you weren't vocal enough, it was only seeing the Leeds United supporters group statements following relegation, that I had to check you still existed. Still, like you say, "we are where we are" :(

I don't get the hostility to the Trust on here.  Whilst it's true that we might have seen more action from the Trust during the season,  the contributors on FT hardly covered themselves in glory either.

Sure, there were lots of us on here that saw relegation looming very early on, and were very vocal in this echo chamber, but how many made any attempt to communicate their concerns to the club?  When, several times, I exhorted people on this forum to email their concerns to the board (as I did myself) it got a very lukewarm response and, in some cases, derision.

I think, also, that the club discouraged dissent from any source during last season and it made it difficult for any critical fans to see any way to influence what was going on within the club.  As many have pointed out, the increasing distancing of the club from the fans as the season went on made us feel impotent and unwanted.

Hopefully in the future there can be a closer connection between the Trust and forums like ours here that can see us make more of an impact.  And also, hopefully, the club will realise how they need to rebuild a closer relationship with the supporters.  But hostility between the various groups of fans serves no purpose whatsoever; more productive to remember what we have in common, that we're united by our support for the club.

• Like 3

The foxes trust need to put pressure on the board where John Rudkin is involved he has not enough fingers to delve in far too many pies to run efficiently & effectively he either concentrates his whole time on the foundation and running of Leicester City FC,  rather than the 3 he has at the moment or he chooses one of these roles then the club having to find other directors for the  roles in OH Leuven, King Power Race horses and or Leicester City!

King Power should have individual directors for each role as how can one person really put enough time into each individual investment, how can Rudkin really efficiently run the day to day roles of LCFC and the other similar roles to do his best this has shown last season where we have been let down by Rudkin and the board to sort things out before the we were in such a mess and eventually relegated?

This needs sorting out this season as we need stability in our club a stable DOF board  and come together to get back to the Premier League !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

Unless there's some almighty uprising by significant number of fans wanting any changes at boardroom level people are beyond realistic if they think any fans group would have any sway whats so ever on the board structure or even their aims.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Jeeze, the club slept walked into one of the most farcical relegation ever, even having players (with one foot out of the door) saying 'everything going to be just fine'. Kept their toxic manager who wanted to be nowhere near the club even when sat on the bottom of the PL after 6 games. Orchestrated a ridiculous mismanagement of contracts where we are massively overpaying 'talent' yet refused to sell any of the dead wood last summer and only recruiting 1 player (which was forced because of Fofana). 

This group should have been all over that far earlier in the season, making it clear to the club that what we were seeing from management to team performances weren't good enough. But yeah, lets just talk about goal music....

...it might be a good thing to find out the way FoxesTrust are part of the club and their remit in that capacity!!!

We may be berating a group who have limited access or power to influence the club as a whole, and unless we define their role with the club, we cannot truly evaluate what they bring to the table.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deep blue said:

I don't get the hostility to the Trust on here.  Whilst it's true that we might have seen more action from the Trust during the season,  the contributors on FT hardly covered themselves in glory either.

Sure, there were lots of us on here that saw relegation looming very early on, and were very vocal in this echo chamber, but how many made any attempt to communicate their concerns to the club?  When, several times, I exhorted people on this forum to email their concerns to the board (as I did myself) it got a very lukewarm response and, in some cases, derision.

I think, also, that the club discouraged dissent from any source during last season and it made it difficult for any critical fans to see any way to influence what was going on within the club.  As many have pointed out, the increasing distancing of the club from the fans as the season went on made us feel impotent and unwanted.

Hopefully in the future there can be a closer connection between the Trust and forums like ours here that can see us make more of an impact.  And also, hopefully, the club will realise how they need to rebuild a closer relationship with the supporters.  But hostility between the various groups of fans serves no purpose whatsoever; more productive to remember what we have in common, that we're united by our support for the club.

The Trust has done sweet FA for this club since the administration issue was dealt with, they're utterly anonymous for the majority of the season and when it finally comes to the crunch at the end of two years of mismanagement they say "we are where we are". I've also been told personally by Ian Bason on other social groups that the trust's members could not agree that there was a problem last season and that the same management that relegated us also achieved success so they did not see a reason to get involved.

Signs were held up saying "Top - Act Now" - the media derided them, the happy clappers at the club booed them and shouted at them to take them down. The same happened whjen songs were sung about sacking the board and even Rodgers Out. Because that's not supporting the club apparently. An email to the club is pissing in the wind. I can't imagine a more futile waste of time than to send a message that will be picked up by the secretary of people who have sleepwalked this club to relegation.

The Trust is a non-entity. I'll guarantee you a majority of our fans have never even heard of them. Many more that have, like me, would need to check they still exist, such is their silence. As a fanbase, we do one thing well - sit on our hands, pick up the free beer and definitely don't criticise anything the club does. Just Shhhh and be grateful for 2016.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, iancognito said:

The Trust has done sweet FA for this club since the administration issue was dealt with, they're utterly anonymous for the majority of the season and when it finally comes to the crunch at the end of two years of mismanagement they say "we are where we are". I've also been told personally by Ian Bason on other social groups that the trust's members could not agree that there was a problem last season and that the same management that relegated us also achieved success so they did not see a reason to get involved.

Signs were held up saying "Top - Act Now" - the media derided them, the happy clappers at the club booed them and shouted at them to take them down. The same happened whjen songs were sung about sacking the board and even Rodgers Out. Because that's not supporting the club apparently. An email to the club is pissing in the wind. I can't imagine a more futile waste of time than to send a message that will be picked up by the secretary of people who have sleepwalked this club to relegation.

The Trust is a non-entity. I'll guarantee you a majority of our fans have never even heard of them. Many more that have, like me, would need to check they still exist, such is their silence. As a fanbase, we do one thing well - sit on our hands, pick up the free beer and definitely don't criticise anything the club does. Just Shhhh and be grateful for 2016.

Just out of interest, what did you do to make your feelings known to the club? Anything?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spudulike said:

A little part of me dies everytime the goal music ruins the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

Just out of interest, what did you do to make your feelings known to the club? Anything?

Booed loudly at the end of every god -awful performance from March onwards, got me into a couple of arguments with fans around me. The guy a couple of rows in front who didn't know who Jon Rudkin was and seemed convinced sacking him would "stop the money going in and then we'll be right in the shit" was a particular delight.

There really isn't anything else to do. The club don't respond directly to fans. There isn't an actual supporters group, independent of the club that carries any weight. The Trust is mute most of the time and if potential relegation doesn't get it to speak up, what will? Union FS have a bit of dialogue with them with regards TIFOs & Banners and obviously the section but that's it. The supporters club don't have any representation either.

So that's it. We are where we are.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Foxes_Trust, any word on what those questions were you put through to the club on behalf of the supporters and what the answers back were?

Things seem to be in full swing down at Seagrave for the new season so I’d hate to think they hadn’t got back to you on the things you’d called them to account on about last season’s shambles :D

• Like 1

Who are the Foxes Trust and how do they represent the fans? I can see multiple long-time supporters who have contributed to forums like this one for a decade or more who are actively following the club, and like them, I've no clue who this group are, which probably speaks volumes, I then read the statement and that said everything it needed to. Still not sure who the Foxes Trust are but they are largely irrelevant and completely ineffective at holding the club to any sort of standards. The entire club has fallen apart and nobody knows anything about this "trust" Then add to that the fact they've posted this and scuttled away. This could easily be mistaken as an episode straight out of the club script. 

Embarrassing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Who are the Foxes Trust and how do they represent the fans? I can see multiple long-time supporters who have contributed to forums like this one for a decade or more who are actively following the club, and like them, I've no clue who this group are, which probably speaks volumes, I then read the statement and that said everything it needed to. Still not sure who the Foxes Trust are but they are largely irrelevant and completely ineffective at holding the club to any sort of standards. The entire club has fallen apart and nobody knows anything about this "trust" Then add to that the fact they've posted this and scuttled away. This could easily be mistaken as an episode straight out of the club script. 

Embarrassing. 

In terms of who we are - that question is answered here Who we are – Foxes Trust and all the board members are detailed here Foxes Trust Board – Foxes Trust In terms of what we do, that is published in a diary page here Diary – Foxes Trust

We primarily represent our fellow LCFC fans who are Trust members and are just in the process of analysing our latest members survey which covered a wide range of topics, including potential communication channels with the wider fan base.

Our members are also long time supporters, many for decades before message boards existed

We have had an acknowledgement from the club of our series of questions but at this stage no answers, but will continue to pursue

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foxes_Trust said:

In terms of who we are - that question is answered here Who we are – Foxes Trust and all the board members are detailed here Foxes Trust Board – Foxes Trust In terms of what we do, that is published in a diary page here Diary – Foxes Trust

We primarily represent our fellow LCFC fans who are Trust members and are just in the process of analysing our latest members survey which covered a wide range of topics, including potential communication channels with the wider fan base.

Our members are also long time supporters, many for decades before message boards existed

We have had an acknowledgement from the club of our series of questions but at this stage no answers, but will continue to pursuelollol

lol

On 18/06/2023 at 21:10, iancognito said:

Booed loudly at the end of every god -awful performance from March onwards, got me into a couple of arguments with fans around me. The guy a couple of rows in front who didn't know who Jon Rudkin was and seemed convinced sacking him would "stop the money going in and then we'll be right in the shit" was a particular delight.

There really isn't anything else to do. The club don't respond directly to fans. There isn't an actual supporters group, independent of the club that carries any weight. The Trust is mute most of the time and if potential relegation doesn't get it to speak up, what will? Union FS have a bit of dialogue with them with regards TIFOs & Banners and obviously the section but that's it. The supporters club don't have any representation either.

So that's it. We are where we are.

You could have emailed the board, and the prominent members individually.  I can't believe that they could have blithely ignored over 100 emails, which was possible from Foxestalk if every dissenter on here had done that.

To be fair, it looks like you took your life in your hands when you had the courage to boo at games, so fair play for that :) :appl::scarf:

Edited by deep blue
Clarification