Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

9 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

In terms of who we are - that question is answered here Who we are – Foxes Trust and all the board members are detailed here Foxes Trust Board – Foxes Trust In terms of what we do, that is published in a diary page here Diary – Foxes Trust

We primarily represent our fellow LCFC fans who are Trust members and are just in the process of analysing our latest members survey which covered a wide range of topics, including potential communication channels with the wider fan base.

Our members are also long time supporters, many for decades before message boards existed

We have had an acknowledgement from the club of our series of questions but at this stage no answers, but will continue to pursue

Do you have lots of nice buffets?

• Haha 2

This is just another waste of everybody's time. The club moved away from its very successful philosophy 18months ago. Why? And why did it take so long to realise it?  If the Foxes Trust are the die hard fans that they say why 18 months later did we get relegated? Others have said we were sleepwalking to relegation yet you decided not to look at these opinions & when you did they were the idiots. Who are the idiots now?? You are on this bloody forum & you could read the room but you chose not to do anything 🤷"We are where we are" what a message, we know where we are & we knew where we were going some time ago too. You obviously didn't even try to see others opinions nevermind try and act on them. 

Love my club & will continue to but if I see a player not giving his all, a manager making consistently bad decisions I will boo & I will shout as all I have is my voice & pashun!  Doesn't matter if they're on 10k or a 100k, premiership or championship, effort should be a guarantee. That will satisfy fans like me & has done so for years.

I don't message much as I'm more of a reader on the forum, I like posts I agree with & most of the time posters are saying what I want to say but maybe with betterer grammar!

Foxes should never quit :scarf: xx

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

In terms of who we are - that question is answered here Who we are – Foxes Trust and all the board members are detailed here Foxes Trust Board – Foxes Trust In terms of what we do, that is published in a diary page here Diary – Foxes Trust

We primarily represent our fellow LCFC fans who are Trust members and are just in the process of analysing our latest members survey which covered a wide range of topics, including potential communication channels with the wider fan base.

Our members are also long time supporters, many for decades before message boards existed

We have had an acknowledgement from the club of our series of questions but at this stage no answers, but will continue to pursue

You say you represent fans. But there’s no contact information or way of people to get in touch, so that you can hear views and then try and represent them. 

it seems it’s more correct to say that you represent members of the Trust itself -  which is a paid membership. 

you demonstrably don’t represent the fanbase at large. So claims that you do are a bit disingenuous. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We primarily represent our fellow LCFC fans who are Trust members

They represent their members if that coincides with the majority of the fans then you could benefit.

If you want to know more about them, influence their actions, see the questions etc I suggest you become a member.

Ps I'm not a member.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

They represent their members if that coincides with the majority of the fans then you could benefit.

If you want to know more about them, influence their actions, see the questions etc I suggest you become a member.

Ps I'm not a member.

Sure. All I’m saying is: 

“we represent the fanbase” = / = “we represent our members” 

On 18/06/2023 at 01:04, Foxes_Trust said:

We follow this policy so any enagagement (to the level of submitting questions to LCFC) is with fans willing to directly communicate with the Trust and not hide behind message board/social media user names 

As Daggers points out above, our primary function is to represent our members and we have all their contact details

The Trust has always been open about those running the Trust (details on our website)

You could do both

Also nothing stopping you from adding name to bottom of forum post, if the username anonymity is the reason.

Edited by Chrysalis

I reiterate, I didn't even know Foxes Trust were/are still a thing.

Granted there's not been much to question the club about until the last 2 years but even so you'd think a presence would still be made/known.

They are as bad as Rudkin/Whelan doing an investigation or review into last season, marking their own homework, it's virtue signaling, it's a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sure. All I’m saying is: 

“we represent the fanbase” = / = “we represent our members” 

Only if their needs align. Their focus is clearly on the feedback they get from their members.

7 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fair enough, 
Considering many of us don't have a clue who you do or how you represent us, especially given the absolute shambles of the last 18 months, maybe consider the comments on this post from others as robust and constructive feedback. 
I can't really comment on what you do because I've no idea who you are, but that probably speaks for itself, we've gone through the most turbulent time in the last decade of our history, with a very clear collapse of the blueprint that made us successful, yet you seem to have been largely anonymous to most of us. 

If your job is to represent the fans and hold the club to account, you definitely need to be more vocal as it's clear from many comments you're not getting the results we as a fanbase need in terms of getting the message across. 
I haven't seen one, so if it does not exist, maybe speak to the admin team of FT and ask them to pin/sticky a dedicated thread for Foxes Trust where you can engage with the thousands of fans who are active on this forum. Having an ongoing thread where you can tell us exactly what you're asking the club, when you're asking them, how you're asking them and what the club have said in response would be massively helpful to the fanbase and you would likely get a huge amount of support from thousands of fans on this board. Most people who are responding negatively seem to be because they have absolutely no clue what you're doing, and can't work out why during such a terrible period of time you've been largely anonymous. 

You’re spot on and it’s such a simple idea, but I wouldn’t waste your time, they aren’t interested. They’ve already came out and stated they won’t share any questions being asked or answers. It just makes them feel like they are important. Absolute tools.

• Like 1

It's a bit ridiculous that the Foxes Trust aren't open to ideas/viewpoints from supporters outside of their base - judging from this and another thread about them.

As if they only want to open dialogue with the club on matter from a select few supporters, ie. the Trust.

Don't think they take the genuine views (including vast concerns) about them from members here about them seriously enough or at all.

As if there's no inclusiveness.

Edited by Wymsey

21 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Thanks for the update.

Can you share what you have asked the club to meet in terms of a timeline on a response? Or what you as the Foxes Trust would consider reasonable?

Assuming these questions are trying to drive some accountability for the failures of management, you’d surely agree that it’s important not to allow the club to not address them swiftly.

9 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You say you represent fans. But there’s no contact information or way of people to get in touch, so that you can hear views and then try and represent them. 

it seems it’s more correct to say that you represent members of the Trust itself -  which is a paid membership. 

you demonstrably don’t represent the fanbase at large. So claims that you do are a bit disingenuous. 

There is contact information on our website on one of the links posted yesterday, here it is again Foxes Trust Board – Foxes Trust you can chose any board member to commence dialogue with.

As we said above, we primarily represent our fellow LCFC fans who are Trust members

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

Any chance of seeing these questions? 

@Foxes_Trust not sure if you missed this?

It's weird to have a group that represents fans but doesn't publish what the fans want to know, or what the group has asked the club 'on behalf of the fans'... 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It's a bit ridiculous that the Foxes Trust aren't open to ideas/viewpoints from supporters outside of their base - judging from this and another thread about them.

As if they only want to open dialogue with the club on matter from a select few supporters, ie. the Trust.

Don't think they take the genuine views (including vast concerns) about them from members here about them seriously enough or at all.

As if there's no inclusiveness.

Have you joined their group to share your ideas/viewpoints? 

30 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The whole "you don't represent me" thing is so weird. I get that the concept of Supporter Groups is pretty alien to most English football fans but it's so weird that's the first response to groups like the Trust, UFS or whoever. 

If you want "representing", then either join an existing Supporters' group or start your own, or stop moaning. I can't remember any of the current groups claiming to represent the entire fanbase. 

Hahahah exactly! Join them or ignore them 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 99 Problems said:

I absolutely can’t stand foxes trust. They don’t represent Leicester fans at all

I know what you mean, but they have been here since the bad times, unlike UFS who are far worse with their ultra drivel and have only been here in the good times

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

This goes 2 ways. Don't post on here pretending to be some sort of authority that represents the fans of the club if you don't want to be questioned about it. We were all literally asked for 'questions' but with no transparency on what/how/where/when this was going to be dealt with.  This wasn't a representative of the group saying 'it would be really useful if we could club together .....', it was a forum user called 'Foxes Trust' speaking as the group.

Its really quite simple. Don't post on here, and nobody even knows you are a functioning entity. 

They haven't. They've now said multiple times that they represent their members.

The advice from groby is bang on. Join them or ignore it. It's really not even worth getting the slightest bit annoyed by it, it means nothing unless you're a member and disagree with their messages.