Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They haven't. They've now said multiple times that they represent their members.

The advice from groby is bang on. Join them or ignore it. It's really not even worth getting the slightest bit annoyed by it, it means nothing unless you're a member and disagree with their messages.

I'm beyond being annoyed about it. I simply stating that based on everything they have said, don't post on here about it. Post on their site and send what ever they do to their members. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I'm beyond being annoyed about it. I simply stating that based on everything they have said, don't post on here about it. Post on their site and send what ever they do to their members. 

THey're LCFC fans so why shouldn't they post on here as a means of contacting their members and anyone else who might be interested in becoming one. 

Most of their posts are easy to spot so if you aren't interested don't open the topic. Do you open every new topic, I suspect not.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

This goes 2 ways. Don't post on here pretending to be some sort of authority that represents the fans of the club if you don't want to be questioned about it. We were all literally asked for 'questions' but with no transparency on what/how/where/when this was going to be dealt with.  This wasn't a representative of the group saying 'it would be really useful if we could club together .....', it was a forum user called 'Foxes Trust' speaking as the group.

Its really quite simple. Don't post on here, and nobody even knows you are a functioning entity. 

Ok understood, apologies for not reading the whole thread for context before I mouthed off.

It’s similar to the UFS comment. Whatever they post on the internet, we’re adult enough to know they don’t represent all fans, they’re a group of like minded people having fun at the football. If you are of a like mind, join them, if not, ignore

In terms of posting on here I hope they continue to just like UFS hopefully will. That’s how you find like minded people 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Pressed send too quick
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I've check mated myself here. I can't say what I want to say without sounding hypocritical lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The whole "you don't represent me" thing is so weird. I get that the concept of Supporter Groups is pretty alien to most English football fans but it's so weird that's the first response to groups like the Trust, UFS or whoever. 

If you want "representing", then either join an existing Supporters' group or start your own, or stop moaning. I can't remember any of the current groups claiming to represent the entire fanbase. 

So we can't criticise them or give our feedback? 

Considering they're a route of speaking to the club, are they not a group to speak to to validly provide feedback? 

They may represent their members, but they're the ones that said they'll read through the comments on here and feed it back to the club. All I want to know is what questions they asked the club - why is this such a sticking point for them lol (and you?)? 

It's a bit odd to keep it so secretive, no. UFS are quite clear and concise on what they give to the club and what they get back, even if it's not to their liking. And that's a good thing because there's clear communication, even if it's not to their own members. All most people want is just a bit of clarity. 

• Like 3

This 'join them or ignore them' argument is pure bollocks as well lol

I hate the Tories but I'm not going to become one to try and instigate such a change. And I don't want to ignore them so they can carry on as they wish... 

• Like 4

Just now, StanSP said:

I hate the Tories but I'm not going to become one to try and instigate such a change. And I don't want to ignore them so they can carry on as they wish... 

Hardly the same is it, the Tories have a massive impact on your life I doubt the Trust impacts on you at all.

Sure it's legitimate but some of the comments are just totally out of order and disrespectful.

I don't get it is the complaint that they post on here or do people go around criticising every organisation they don't belong too.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hardly the same is it, the Tories have a massive impact on your life I doubt the Trust impacts on you at all.

Sure it's legitimate but some of the comments are just totally out of order and disrespectful.

I don't get it is the complaint that they post on here or do people go around criticising every organisation they don't belong too.

Not the same but it's the first analogy I thought of lol

The complaint is that they're not open or vocal enough, in my opinion anyway.

55 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I know what you mean, but they have been here since the bad times, unlike UFS who are far worse with their ultra drivel and have only been here in the good times

Probably a bit difficult to set up a prominent supporters group when the members would've been about 12 years old.

50 minutes ago, davieG said:

THey're LCFC fans so why shouldn't they post on here as a means of contacting their members and anyone else who might be interested in becoming one. 

Most of their posts are easy to spot so if you aren't interested don't open the topic. Do you open every new topic, I suspect not.

The brevity of my message gave the wrong point. Appreciate I don't have the right to say who should and shouldn't post. 

My response was to the point 'ignore them as they operate for their members'. Therefore, posting on a forum is counter intuitive if your objective is to be ignored. I'm a bit like @filbertway and feel like i have boxed myself into a corner.   I feel the right answer (albeit, i still dont have the authority to say it), is that everyone should post and everyone should be allowed to have an opinion on them still. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

LOL what are you saying!! This is a social group attached to a frivolous social pursuit (football). It’s all a bit of fun. The government decide almost all facets of our lives, literally claim to and get paid for representing us, and you do get a say on that via local and national elections. 

29 minutes ago, davieG said:

LOL exactly. A lot of comments are respectful but some are just trying to get a rise under the guise of ‘feedback mate opinions mate it’s my right yeh’

I went on a day trip to france yday with the ‘social club’ from the gym and we drank all day because there’s nothing else to do in that awful country . One of the lads has written it up, stuck some pictures on and asked others for suggestions and to get involved. Loads of busybodies much like on this thread saying it’s out of order, how much did you drink, don’t attach yourselves to our gym etc etc. Either ignore us or come on the next booze up! 

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

LOL exactly. A lot of comments are respectful but some are just trying to get a rise under the guise of ‘feedback mate opinions mate it’s my right yeh’

I went on a day trip to france yday with the ‘social club’ from the gym and we drank all day because there’s nothing else to do in that awful country . One of the lads has written it up, stuck some pictures on and asked others for suggestions and to get involved. Loads of busybodies much like on this thread saying it’s out of order, how much did you drink, don’t attach yourselves to our gym etc etc. Either ignore us or come on the next booze up! 

Maybe go visit some of the good bits? 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

They literally have said multiple times that they represent their members... it's literally the most "join them or ignore" them situation you could have.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They literally have said multiple times that they represent their members... it's literally the most "join them or ignore" them situation you could have.

At one point they said they were going to collate comments on here after the initial backlash. 

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Do they though?

If their members voted a majority to scrap goal music would they have stood up to the club about it? I read on here, so not sure if it’s true that they agreed to the goal music at one of those selected few meetings.

Had a quick butchers at their site, what would £10 of membership bring me? A nice enamel badge and access to their section in the ground?

Have they got a drummer?  Quite like the idea of a Trust sticker  set to plaster all over the bogs of championship clubs.