Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

At one point they said they were going to collate comments on here after the initial backlash. 

True, I understand the confusion. I'll be honest until I read their page last night I was under the impression they were a connection between club and fans.

Now its quite clear is a little club of fans who probably weren't able to get on their local parish council but enjoy meetings and being part of a club.

Whilst they do represent their members, they also attend FCC meetings with the club so do, in a way, represent all the fans.  It's not that black and white as they input on match day experience and club comms.

Any news on the Review?  Given many FT members have shared their views as to the possible reasons for the Club’s decline over the past 18 months (this on a Public Forum), is it too much to expect the Board to reciprocate?   May be Putin is now Club Chairman and no one has advised The Foxes Trust?

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Maybe go visit some of the good bits? 

Tbh there’s plenty of good bits now. The French have smashed Rennes to pieces, it’s all boarded up. 

France is a template dive with bland food, unimaginative and carbon copy countryside and weird people. They only benefit from so much British tourist £ not because it’s ‘beautiful’ but because it’s next door and brits are too boring and lazy to go on actual proper holidays 

9 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Tbh there’s plenty of good bits now. The French have smashed Rennes to pieces, it’s all boarded up. 

France is a template dive with bland food, unimaginative and carbon copy countryside and weird people. They only benefit from so much British tourist £ not because it’s ‘beautiful’ but because it’s next door and brits are too boring and lazy to go on actual proper holidays 

Bit harsh that.  Loads of us go to Benidorm.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Bit harsh that.  Loads of us go to Benidorm.

Amazingly coincidentally there’s a deal I saw yesterday for £300 flights, transfers and 7 nights all inclusive in Benidorm. No chance I can burn 5 days of leave to go there but I’m desperately calling the travel agent to see what they can offer for 4 days. I’ll go in my own if they do a decent deal!!! 

Anyway back on topic foxes trust out!! 

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Amazingly coincidentally there’s a deal I saw yesterday for £300 flights, transfers and 7 nights all inclusive in Benidorm. No chance I can burn 5 days of leave to go there but I’m desperately calling the travel agent to see what they can offer for 4 days. I’ll go in my own if they do a decent deal!!! 

Anyway back on topic foxes trust out!! 

PM me!!!

8 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

The bitterness in this thread. Especially when you consider most FT posters struggle to agree on which day of the week it is

Well, to be fair, how could anyone agree on such a thing? FT posters are all over the world, your Monday might be my Sunday! 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

That's what I'm trying to find out by simply asking @Foxes_Trust what questions they've asked the club lol

That's all I want to know! 

The club at this stage has purely acknowledged receipt of the questions, we have a Foxes Trust board meeting tomorrow night when we will discuss the next steps (both with the club and what/when we will publish more details dependent on the level of further response from the club)

4 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

The club at this stage has purely acknowledged receipt of the questions, we have a Foxes Trust board meeting tomorrow night when we will discuss the next steps (both with the club and what/when we will publish more details dependent on the level of further response from the club)

Have you considered a bit of diversity on your board? From your website, the board seem to all be at least 40+ and all are white. For such a multicultural city and fanbase, seems fairly unrepresentative. 

3 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Please just stop posting. You are all clearly uninterested in listening to the reoccurring questions being asked and actually share 0 information.

It is not hard to post the questions (something in my opinion should be mandatory for a supporter group representing the fans as well as the response). If the club don’t like it then it shows they’re true colours as they don’t want people questioning them, which is already being speculated by fans and could also be made clear from the trust to the board. 

Why would people be interested in engaging with yourselves even via email when they have no idea whether it’ll be asked or not? It’s a waste of time.

It feels for me you try to keep it secret so people join the trust in order to have the privilege to know what’s being asked. 

Whilst you sit in your local legion tomorrow for your “meeting”, please all of you ask yourselves how you’re actually representing the fans or how you benefit the fans in any way. 

6 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Have you considered a bit of diversity on your board? From your website, the board seem to all be at least 40+ and all are white. For such a multicultural city and fanbase, seems fairly unrepresentative. 

You can’t knock them for that if their members aren’t divisive. You can knock them for not trying to attract new members to keep a regular fresh turn over in personnel. 

Writing articles which sneer at other parts of the fanbase certainly didn’t help with the latter. 

23 hours ago, Claridge said:

I know what you mean, but they have been here since the bad times, unlike UFS who are far worse with their ultra drivel and have only been here in the good times

Regardless of whether they’ve been here for 10 minutes or 10 years as a group….. As individuals they’re all lifelong supporters of the club, passionate about the club, passionate about the atmosphere and get to most games away from home too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Bald people also.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, richard123 said:

Just to confirm. This is a group of people set up to represent the fans of lcfc. But weren't chosen by the fans and don't communicate anything of use to the fans? 

Generally confused. 

Anyone can put themselves up to be elected to their board by it's members it's not a closed shop. Also anyone can become a member. They communicate mostly with their members as do most membership based organisations.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

Anyone can put themselves up to be elected to their board by it's members it's not a closed shop. Also anyone can become a member. They communicate mostly with their members as do most membership based organisations.

I think the point Dave is that the whole thing is a bit anachronistic. The thing has a vicar of Dibley vibe. 

I'm not one of those that enjoys piling on. They are easy meat. GEN X way out of their depth  in the fast living world of social and viral campaigns. 

I think they'd be wise to consider a rebrand and become much more of a lobbying group. That they are the club's conscience, watchdog and 'Shadow cabinet'. 

Donations for its running are optional, no obligatoryh And that they have on call spokespersons for themes such as  PR/ media, football (or corporate) finance, ex player/manager, diversity and inclusion, next gen, culture, local authorities 

. Do the due diligence. Cut through the club's bluff. Ask sometimes the difficult questions (you don't have to get answers, posing the questions alone is enough)