Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

A few people saying join them or ignore them as they 'represent their members' only.

At the end of the day this Trust regularly attends official meetings with the club to represent fans views and they are also part of the FSA as Leicester's official supporters trust.

Whether they like it or not they are representing Leicester fans as a whole and not just their members. I don't a) have time or b) the desire to join a supporters trust like the Foxes Trust, however, if they are representing our fans on occasions like these I think they owe it to us to be transparent about what they're doing on 'our behalf'. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think the point Dave is that the whole thing is a bit anachronistic. The thing has a vicar of Dibley vibe. 

I'm not one of those that enjoys piling on. They are easy meat. GEN X way out of their depth  in the fast living world of social and viral campaigns. 

I think they'd be wise to consider a rebrand and become much more of a lobbying group. That they are the club's conscience, watchdog and 'Shadow cabinet'. 

Donations for its running are optional, no obligatoryh And that they have on call spokespersons for themes such as  PR/ media, football (or corporate) finance, ex player/manager, diversity and inclusion, next gen, culture, local authorities 

. Do the due diligence. Cut through the club's bluff. Ask sometimes the difficult questions (you don't have to get answers, posing the questions alone is enough) 

Well the board is made up of those interested enough to stand from the members who are interested in being part of a Trust. I'm not 100% certain but I think they have to be registered with some higher authority and have ways in which they can operate.

Whether this is all outdated and doesn't appeal to the majority of fans I don't know but I believe they are much more acceptable and needed with smaller at risk clubs.

I was  a member in it's early days when the club was at risk but dropped out at later date as I have no need for a trust or any other supporters organisation. I buy my ST go to games, go home, come on Foxestalk I don't need anything else. I've become accustomed  to the inevitable ups and downs of this club, the 'customer' problems associated with any big organisation. I'll have the occasional rant about them on here knowing that it's unlikely anything will change unless the CLUB see a benefit in it for them.

I have a happy cynical and pessimistic relationship with LCFC. :D

If the club was at risk again I'd consider rejoining. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, davieG said:

Well the board is made up of those interested enough to stand from the members who are interested in being part of a Trust. I'm not 100% certain but I think they have to be registered with some higher authority and have ways in which they can operate.

We are registered as an Industrial & Provident Society, and therefore have democratic elections and submit annual accounts to the Financial Financial Services Authority, we also have a published set of policy documents Policy Documents – Foxes Trust

• Like 1

Some on here won't be happy until the Foxes trust members don sackcloth, grab hold of a pitchfork or scythe, then march on to King Power Stadium, and maybe have a witch-burning session. 

P.S. Apologies to any gender-neutral witches out there, or female witches that identify with warlocks!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Hey @Foxes_Trust, 3 weeks until the start of the season and 10 days on from your board meeting…

When have the club committed to giving you answers to the questions you submitted holding them to account for the failures of last season?

When are you going to share with the supporter base what you have asked?

Ha, you might be waiting a while. 

On 21/07/2023 at 12:05, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Hey @Foxes_Trust, 3 weeks until the start of the season and 10 days on from your board meeting…

When have the club committed to giving you answers to the questions you submitted holding them to account for the failures of last season?

When are you going to share with the supporter base what you have asked?

We have been promised a Teams meeting while the clubs representatives are in Thailand.

What we share will be dependent on the clubs responses.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What responses are you expecting? 

Any indication on the kind of questions asked? 

It seems a bit secretive. 

As this is a public forum, the club will be monitoring it, hence we aren't putting any cards down in advance of the responses.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

As this is a public forum, the club will be monitoring it, hence we aren't putting any cards down in advance of the responses.

Not even the questions posed to the club, considering they'd have seen them anyway? 

Its clear The Trust are concerned what they put on here will impact their relationship with the club. 
I would personally want some of the questions that have gone the way of the trust to be answered here as I think it would be helpful. However the club pulling comms with them all together over this is id say quite possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

And still we await the answer regards how many members the Foxes Trust has

I've just been doing some light digging. 

In September 2022 the Foxes Trust Board declared that they are a "membership organisation representing over 300 members"... 

17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Its clear The Trust are concerned what they put on here will impact their relationship with the club. 
I would personally want some of the questions that have gone the way of the trust to be answered here as I think it would be helpful. However the club pulling comms with them all together over this is id say quite possible.

I get the point. But there's no need for FT or Radio Leicester or anyone else to pussy foot around the club, for fear of being purged. 

A robust self appointed watchdog is needed, whether the club like it or not. A little like an employer having to tolerate a union. They don't want to, but they have to. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Wtf sort of an answer is that lol you’re a fan trust who are willing to play into the club’s secrecy? 

Better not upset your relationship with them. There’s coach 1 level issues to moan about next season, after all

• Like 1