Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

This is really concerning to hear. That the club is ignoring a Trust set up to protect the future of the club and represent the supporter community.

As a Trust, I would be interested to hear how concerned you are about this? If the club won’t engage with respectfully submitted questions, from a group that has been unquestioning for well over a decade, at a time like this where there has been horrendous failures, how can you feel confident that you are having any impact whatsoever or fulfilling your purpose?

How do you believe you can change that dynamic?

The club and some of the people who speak with supporter groups in particular are incredibly good at just kicking the can down the road until things are forgotten about. 

For example UFS were told we'd see some data regarding something we were speaking to them about, it just got delayed and delayed and then it all got forgotten. 

I'd be jobsmacked if the Trust get any answers at all.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 01:10, urban.spaceman said:

Can you acknowledge the concerns below?

It's important that @Foxes_Trust has a plan of action on this. Our club has been demonstrably harmed by the structure of the league, moreso than any other club, by a system that takes the absolute piss out of fans, because not a single fan group is aware of it as far as I know.

Action on the bit in bold could transform the club's fortunes and create a fairer system for UK fans. Fan groups need to be aware of how badly they're being screwed, and be angry about it enough to force change. Action absolutely needs to happen.

@Foxes_Trust any acknowledgment of this post?

If you can’t respond directly put a laugh emoji on your original post. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

@Foxes_Trust any acknowledgment of this post?

If you can’t respond directly put a laugh emoji on your original post. 

This is the frustration, isn't it?

They've often ignored, genuine decent questions within this thread.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

This is the frustration, isn't it?

They've often ignored, genuine decent questions within this thread.

I get that they feel they have to pussyfoot around the club but it's just not good enough. They need to be incandescent with ****ing rage about what's happened to the club from the minute we lifted that trophy. 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 01:10, urban.spaceman said:

Can you acknowledge the concerns below?

It's important that @Foxes_Trust has a plan of action on this. Our club has been demonstrably harmed by the structure of the league, moreso than any other club, by a system that takes the absolute piss out of fans, because not a single fan group is aware of it as far as I know.

Action on the bit in bold could transform the club's fortunes and create a fairer system for UK fans. Fan groups need to be aware of how badly they're being screwed, and be angry about it enough to force change. Action absolutely needs to happen.

Thanks for tagging us, we had not seen your original post.

In terms of the Foxes Trust tackling all the issues you raised, it is obviously not something one Trust had change on its own, however are things that have been argued out with the FA, UEFA and PL over the last three or more years by the FSA and FSE in terms of with UEFA

Until the recent relegation, one of our board served as a Premier League Supporters Group representative on the FSA National Council (he has had to stand down due to relegation), so along with attending meetings with the Premier League & FA was also a member of the FSA Broadcasting working group and the PGMOL working group (mainly discussing VAR). So we are active nationally in lobbying for change.

We also contributed to the Fan Led Review, giving direct evidence to the panel chaired by Tracey Crouch, where the fairer distribution of income across the game was raised by many Trusts, even Trusts of the "Big 6" recognise the need for change, however we cannot be 100% that the European Super League has gone away or another proposal won't appear suggesting Leagues with no promotion/relegation like the USA, this concept was even recently put forward for the Women's Super League as part of the Karen Carney review, which we recently published an article about Foxes Trust responds to Karen Carney’s Women’s Game Review – Foxes Trust again we are involved at national level.

If you want to get more active on such matters then....join the Trust and become part of the FSA wider football movement, you could also be a direct member of the FSA.

So foxes trust said the club didnt make a statement as agreed, and now the BBC have published they contacted the board's leadership for comment on how things have gone the past year and were refused a reply.

Really not liking this hiding away from Susan and Top.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 29/07/2023 at 10:45, Freeman's Wharfer said:

This is really concerning to hear. That the club is ignoring a Trust set up to protect the future of the club and represent the supporter community.

As a Trust, I would be interested to hear how concerned you are about this? If the club won’t engage with respectfully submitted questions, from a group that has been unquestioning for well over a decade, at a time like this where there has been horrendous failures, how can you feel confident that you are having any impact whatsoever or fulfilling your purpose?

How do you believe you can change that dynamic?

It's farcical isn't it. It renders the whole thing totally useless. The club have successfully nipped it in the bud before it can cause them any issues. If only they were this effective where it mattered.

12 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Thanks for tagging us, we had not seen your original post.

In terms of the Foxes Trust tackling all the issues you raised, it is obviously not something one Trust had change on its own, however are things that have been argued out with the FA, UEFA and PL over the last three or more years by the FSA and FSE in terms of with UEFA

Until the recent relegation, one of our board served as a Premier League Supporters Group representative on the FSA National Council (he has had to stand down due to relegation), so along with attending meetings with the Premier League & FA was also a member of the FSA Broadcasting working group and the PGMOL working group (mainly discussing VAR). So we are active nationally in lobbying for change.

We also contributed to the Fan Led Review, giving direct evidence to the panel chaired by Tracey Crouch, where the fairer distribution of income across the game was raised by many Trusts, even Trusts of the "Big 6" recognise the need for change, however we cannot be 100% that the European Super League has gone away or another proposal won't appear suggesting Leagues with no promotion/relegation like the USA, this concept was even recently put forward for the Women's Super League as part of the Karen Carney review, which we recently published an article about Foxes Trust responds to Karen Carney’s Women’s Game Review – Foxes Trust again we are involved at national level.

If you want to get more active on such matters then....join the Trust and become part of the FSA wider football movement, you could also be a direct member of the FSA.

Thanks for your reply.

It appears to me that supporter associations have adopted a "don't bite the hand that feeds" culture towards the PL. It's like we've fully accepted that they own the game now, and all we can do is ask nicely for some small piddling concessions. Asking a Tory MP for more fairness is like asking Michael Myers to spare you until one of the sequels. Supporter groups need to be bolder and make some actual demands that will actually improve the game for everyone involve and not worsen the status quo that is killing the game in fairness of the deeply corrupt few at the top.

Deeply disappointing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Any chance you guys will battle against the stupid increases in price in the concourses? 

In a time of cost cutting, and they're upping prices on everything. 

Also the levy on beer has gone down. So prices for that especially should have gone down not up. 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2023 at 03:14, Chrysalis said:

So foxes trust said the club didnt make a statement as agreed, and now the BBC have published they contacted the board's leadership for comment on how things have gone the past year and were refused a reply.

Really not liking this hiding away from Susan and Top.

Whelan has one mission in life - and that's a futile attempt to alter the demographic of the supporters - the football equivalent of shouting at clouds. Anything else appears to be secondary 

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think the answer there is quite simple, just withdraw your custom, why do you need anyone to battle such trivia for you?

The people selling are private companies are they not so, if no-one buys, they either alter their approach or go under.

Quality, service and price are all issues I agree but, if any of those are poor, there are plenty of better outlets en route to the ground. Are people really that desperate to 'just have to put up with it' for the sake of some half time fodder? The answer is in our own hands, not those of a supporter group. 

You're right, people should just remove their custom. And in an ideal world they would.

But that isn't the point; this impact supporters and many people with families/kids who aren't being allowed to bring as much food/drink in are then needing to buy from the concourse. Which is ripping them off completely, in a backdrop of harder financial times. 

The club promotes itself to be a "family club" yet will do shit like this 

Surely a supporters group who aims to help ensure supporters are being treated fairly. 

Let things like this slide and they'll continue to take the piss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Not sure the club have any say in pricing given the compass contract, happy to be wrong though 

How long has their contract got left? As I was hoping it was up last season.

Please don't tell me that the club have renewed with them? As they have a rubbish selection of food. £5 for a sausage roll is criminal. Not sure why they took burgers off the menu as well. 

Don't get me started on the selection of beer as well which is non existent! 

32 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You're right, people should just remove their custom. And in an ideal world they would.

But that isn't the point; this impact supporters and many people with families/kids who aren't being allowed to bring as much food/drink in are then needing to buy from the concourse. Which is ripping them off completely, in a backdrop of harder financial times. 

The club promotes itself to be a "family club" yet will do shit like this 

Surely a supporters group who aims to help ensure supporters are being treated fairly. 

Let things like this slide and they'll continue to take the piss.

Really? How long is a football match, do families really need to bring a huge amount to eat and drink? Sounds as if they need to learn how to manage their lives and budgets better! 

If you're poor, eat your own stuff before or after a game, don't expect to get cheap food inside. Whether you go to a football match, cinema, seaside, fairground, or any other form of public of entertainment you'd have to be a complete halfwit to expect cheap prices, it's always been more expensive for a captive audience.

Yes, there is a limit to what we all are prepared to pay. I'm not rich by any means but out of principle refuse to pay rip off prices for anything. Going to a football match is a treat not a necessity, it entertainment and when I took my two young kids we used to take our own sweets, drinks or snacks in without problem and still do.

Edited by volpeazzurro

17 minutes ago, BakerLCFC said:

How long has their contract got left? As I was hoping it was up last season.

Please don't tell me that the club have renewed with them? As they have a rubbish selection of food. £5 for a sausage roll is criminal. Not sure why they took burgers off the menu as well. 

Don't get me started on the selection of beer as well which is non existent! 

i wouldn't put your hopes on an improvement when KP take over it's likely that it'll be posh food as in up market burgers that are still fat laden.

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Not sure the club have any say in pricing given the compass contract, happy to be wrong though 

I too am not sure but think they effectively rent the areas out to private companies who do what they want. 

However, the point remains the same, it's the individuals choice to buy or not. Even shirts in the shop that the club do have control over, if people who have little money are dumb enough to spend nigh on 70 quid on a shirt then the club certainly aren't going to lower their prices. Our money, our choice so we shouldn't whine when we spend it on what is a non essential item.

Everyday food and fuel is totally different in that there is massive profiteering on essential items that people need to survive. Now that really does need dealing with!

I’ve emailed the club and the compass group about the concourse price changes. 
Not sure what good it will do but if we don’t show our disapproval then nothing will get done but definitely think actions need taking as the quality and price at the concourse has been a joke for far too long. 

1 hour ago, BakerLCFC said:

I’ve emailed the club and the compass group about the concourse price changes. 
Not sure what good it will do but if we don’t show our disapproval then nothing will get done but definitely think actions need taking as the quality and price at the concourse has been a joke for far too long. 

There was a brief period, before we actually went up i think, where there was the deluxe Burgers on them little stalls and they seemed to be taking a bit of pride in it. 

It's got worse and worse as the club got better. Now we have gone back down they might have done something. Then again, probably not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

There was a brief period, before we actually went up i think, where there was the deluxe Burgers on them little stalls and they seemed to be taking a bit of pride in it. 

It's got worse and worse as the club got better. Now we have gone back down they might have done something. Then again, probably not.

Yep the burgers were amazing. Can't believe they got rid of them. 

I don't mind paying a bit extra if you are getting a quality product but what they are selling at the moment is subpar and there is no choice. If you want a beer it's chang and that's it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Amazes me that people actually buy the disgusting shit that they sell in the stadium. 

It's 2 hours people

You're fully correct and people should just bring their own or wait till post game.

But I think the bigger issue is the club is let to get away with charging supporters abhorrent prices for everything (refreshments through to tickets and merchandise) and no one seems to kick up anything about it. Surely a direct role of the trust is to hold the club to account when they're clearly taking the piss.