Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

57 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You're fully correct and people should just bring their own or wait till post game.

But I think the bigger issue is the club is let to get away with charging supporters abhorrent prices for everything (refreshments through to tickets and merchandise) and no one seems to kick up anything about it. Surely a direct role of the trust is to hold the club to account when they're clearly taking the piss. 

I just think it would be funnier and more impactful if nobody purchased the horrible crap and they were left with it sitting there. 

Not only do they not get the disgustingly high margin but they also lose money. 

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can someone help me find the specific UK legislation regarding the 3pm blackout? The nearest law I can find is UEFA Article 48. Which is optional, and only England and Scotland adhere to it.

It’s not law/legislation. It’s an agreement brought around by the EFL in 1960s. Then when the PL split came EFL insisted it remained as part of the negotiations 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Thanks 1

On 30/07/2023 at 23:53, Foxes_Trust said:

Thanks for tagging us, we had not seen your original post.

In terms of the Foxes Trust tackling all the issues you raised, it is obviously not something one Trust had change on its own, however are things that have been argued out with the FA, UEFA and PL over the last three or more years by the FSA and FSE in terms of with UEFA

Until the recent relegation, one of our board served as a Premier League Supporters Group representative on the FSA National Council (he has had to stand down due to relegation), so along with attending meetings with the Premier League & FA was also a member of the FSA Broadcasting working group and the PGMOL working group (mainly discussing VAR). So we are active nationally in lobbying for change.

We also contributed to the Fan Led Review, giving direct evidence to the panel chaired by Tracey Crouch, where the fairer distribution of income across the game was raised by many Trusts, even Trusts of the "Big 6" recognise the need for change, however we cannot be 100% that the European Super League has gone away or another proposal won't appear suggesting Leagues with no promotion/relegation like the USA, this concept was even recently put forward for the Women's Super League as part of the Karen Carney review, which we recently published an article about Foxes Trust responds to Karen Carney’s Women’s Game Review – Foxes Trust again we are involved at national level.

If you want to get more active on such matters then....join the Trust and become part of the FSA wider football movement, you could also be a direct member of the FSA.

I am astonished that the foxes trust can purport to represent LCFC fans and be so widely involved.  I expect there are self appointed fan groups from other clubs doing the same.

What's the membership? what are they asking the club? what are their positions on key topics? do the club really engage with them? how have they gotten on so many other bodies?

From what I see the foxes trust seems very secretive and does not in fact engage with lcfc fans.  So what do we do?  Well it needs reform for sure -  we join it and reformit or we need to set up a reals lcfc fans trust.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

@foxinsocks - They'll probably unlikely to respond to you, like ignoring genuine questions that are reasonable to answer on this thread about the Trust.

Agree.  How can they purport to represent fans they dont engage with?  If we knew the membership then we could decide if reform is possible 

• Like 1

I would like to see the Club take on the Houses of Parliament approach of a DoF´s Questions every Wednesday.  I am sure there would be a lot of sign ups for Foxes Hub....

41 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I would like to see the Club take on the Houses of Parliament approach of a DoF´s Questions every Wednesday.  I am sure there would be a lot of sign ups for Foxes Hub....

"I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave him a few minutes ago"

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave him a few minutes ago"

It would be hilarious with @Babylon shouting ´´order order - let the honourable gentleman answer this question please´´

38 minutes ago, The Fosse Way said:

Interesting article. Really bizarre for how a trust, that is meant to be "the voice of the fans", is shrouded in so much secrecy and no one seems to know what they do or how much communication and pull they actually have with the club? 

Also if the chairman, Ian Bason, is democratically voted in as you say. Who is voting him in? Does every foxes trust member get a vote? Can anyone join? How do you join? Or is it an "old-boys" club where they each look after their own? As if he has been in charge for 20 years and he isn't truly representing the fans and forcefully asking the hard questions of the club and demanding answers then I think it's time for someone else to take over the reins and make the foxes trust a bit more transparent and push the club for answers and change where it is needed. 

3 hours ago, BakerLCFC said:

Does every foxes trust member get a vote? Can anyone join?

Yes and Yes.

Become a member and then you can put your name down to be elected to their board and replace Bason and change the approach of the Foxestrust

3 hours ago, BakerLCFC said:

Interesting article. Really bizarre for how a trust, that is meant to be "the voice of the fans", is shrouded in so much secrecy and no one seems to know what they do or how much communication and pull they actually have with the club? 

Also if the chairman, Ian Bason, is democratically voted in as you say. Who is voting him in? Does every foxes trust member get a vote? Can anyone join? How do you join? Or is it an "old-boys" club where they each look after their own? As if he has been in charge for 20 years and he isn't truly representing the fans and forcefully asking the hard questions of the club and demanding answers then I think it's time for someone else to take over the reins and make the foxes trust a bit more transparent and push the club for answers and change where it is needed. 

It didn't start out as that but it's clearly become it. They're clearly embarrassed about their low membership numbers, hence their lack of openness. Managed to figure out that spreadsheet of active members to tell us the # yet @Foxes_Trust??

It baffles me that "join and find out more" is the line being parroted by some. How on earth is it open when you have to join to get the details? This isn't some Bullingdon Club private members, it's a group which is one of the most visible media wise whenever a Leicester story hits.

It's a shame because a dynamic group with a spine could at least continue to highlight the club's disdain for its fans, even if the KPFC crew do all they can to defend it.

Obviously we'll never know these mystical membership figures exactly. At the very biggest of stretches, if one positive does come from the hierarchy's continued silence, it'll accelerate the Foxes Trust's slide into complete irrelevancy (partially caused by their own incompetence and elitist attitude) even quicker.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2023 at 15:42, davieG said:

Yes and Yes.

Become a member and then you can put your name down to be elected to their board and replace Bason and change the approach of the Foxestrust

Thank you so much for your response. How do I join? As I want to join. The trust needs to be more transparent and needs to have "fresh blood"