Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

2 minutes ago, BakerLCFC said:

Thank you. It's £10 for a membership; which I don't mind paying but it doesn't tell me what this entails? Are there regular meetings? Are these face to face? What does my "membership" entitle me to? 

Why don't you DM then rather than ask DavieG or anyone else as I dont think you'll find many members on here.

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Why don't you DM then rather than ask DavieG or anyone else as I dont think you'll find many members on here.

I will but I thought other people might be interested in seeing how ambiguous the foxes trust are. As I've just signed up but I still have no idea what I've just signed up for. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Foxes_Trust was just wondering if there are any updates here in terms of whether the club have engaged with you yet? (And if so when you’ll be sharing back what was said)

Or, if not, what your planned approach is moving forward to ensure that the club do not just ignore you? (E.g. publishing an article explaining what’s happened and sharing the questions that the club has neglected to address)

Given we are almost 4 games into the new season, it concerns me massively that the club could be refusing to engage with our supporters trust.

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes

Does anybody know the answers to some questions I have as I know nothing about the FT...

What's the role of the FT?

Does it have a formal role harking back to when we were saved from administration?

Does the club have any duty to engage with it?

10 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Does anybody know the answers to some questions I have as I know nothing about the FT...

What's the role of the FT?

Does it have a formal role harking back to when we were saved from administration?

Does the club have any duty to engage with it?

Foxes Trust – Leicester City Supporters' Trust

I have no idea about Foxes Trust, but you may find some answers on their website.

Guest Sideshow Faes
11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Foxes Trust – Leicester City Supporters' Trust

I have no idea about Foxes Trust, but you may find some answers on their website.

Thanks didn't realise they had a website.

Looks like it's basically just a lobby group with no mention of any formal relationship with the club.

Hard to see the point.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Thanks didn't realise they had a website.

Looks like it's basically just a lobby group with no mention of any formal relationship with the club.

Hard to see the point.

When you consider that - as a collective - they couldn't even decide if we were badly managed and in the brown stuff last season, it seems hard to see what they could possibly lobby the club about going forwards? If last season wasn't the time to call the club's decision-making processes to account, to question the very people who made those calls about what they were doing whilst Rome burned, then when are they ever going to be useful?

The fact is that the FT as it is now, is a defunct group. It doesn't question the club's actions and the last time it had a say in anything happening at the club was pre-Mandaric. There's no board membership, it's rare to hear in public from anyone connected to the group (again last season was the ideal time) and it's activities are a mystery to most supporters, those that are actually aware of its existence anyway. I could start a group called Foxes Future tomorrow and have the same sphere of influence. Harsh but true.

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
27 minutes ago, FOTS said:

Thought I’d just check if the article was still on their website where they refer to fellow Leicester fans as “idiots” - it is: https://foxestrust.co.uk/9829/well-take-the-point - written by a Foxes Trust board member, no less!

1F6D6CB9-04FD-4BF0-8E3B-C807C1A9945E.jpeg

So it's basically foxestalk except you pay for the privilege of slagging other fans off? 🧐

Also, first time reading this thread properly so thought I’d have a look at membership numbers as that was an FAQ. 

According to AR30 documents submitted by the Foxes Trust (or “The Leicester City Supporters Society LTD”)…

As of August 2010, the Foxes Trust had 437 members 

As of August 2022, the Foxes Trust had 338 members.

A lot more than I thought to be fair.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FOTS said:

Also, first time reading this thread properly so thought I’d have a look at membership numbers as that was an FAQ. 

According to AR30 documents submitted by the Foxes Trust (or “The Leicester City Supporters Society LTD”)…

A decline.

Sad.

Some might say they are where they are....

Idiots calling out Bodgers……those responsible should bow their heads in shame.  This is Leicester - stay silent and behave please.  You are being watched…..

8 hours ago, iancognito said:

When you consider that - as a collective - they couldn't even decide if we were badly managed and in the brown stuff last season, it seems hard to see what they could possibly lobby the club about going forwards? If last season wasn't the time to call the club's decision-making processes to account, to question the very people who made those calls about what they were doing whilst Rome burned, then when are they ever going to be useful?

The fact is that the FT as it is now, is a defunct group. It doesn't question the club's actions and the last time it had a say in anything happening at the club was pre-Mandaric. There's no board membership, it's rare to hear in public from anyone connected to the group (again last season was the ideal time) and it's activities are a mystery to most supporters, those that are actually aware of its existence anyway. I could start a group called Foxes Future tomorrow and have the same sphere of influence. Harsh but true.

Absolutely right. They've morphed themselves into irrelevance. Any.old.Joe can have also no influence as they currently have

The way Whelan is running the club, supporters DO need a robust 'shadow cabinet' and watchdog - it's not too late for the Trust to reinvent themselves from allotment society discussing the prize marrow to a muscular, intelligent and effective pressure group. 

8 hours ago, FOTS said:

Thought I’d just check if the article was still on their website where they refer to fellow Leicester fans as “idiots” - it is: https://foxestrust.co.uk/9829/well-take-the-point - written by a Foxes Trust board member, no less!

1F6D6CB9-04FD-4BF0-8E3B-C807C1A9945E.jpeg

Jesus. If I wanted to pay to slag off people I disagreed with and pretend it was important journalism, i'd subscribe to Twitter Blue

Edited by The Doctor

13 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

@Foxes_Trust was just wondering if there are any updates here in terms of whether the club have engaged with you yet? (And if so when you’ll be sharing back what was said)

Or, if not, what your planned approach is moving forward to ensure that the club do not just ignore you? (E.g. publishing an article explaining what’s happened and sharing the questions that the club has neglected to address)

Given we are almost 4 games into the new season, it concerns me massively that the club could be refusing to engage with our supporters trust.

We will be meeting the club later this week, then we have a Trust board meeting next Monday when we will decide how we communicate topics covered.

We do have a duty to communicate with our members ahead of the wider fan base, so bear with us, information will be shared

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

We will be meeting the club later this week, then we have a Trust board meeting next Monday when we will decide how we communicate topics covered.

We do have a duty to communicate with our members ahead of the wider fan base, so bear with us, information will be shared

That is not what your “Rules” set out. Probably need a redraft.

1 hour ago, Foxes_Trust said:

I have got to ask this question as it has been baffling me for a while.  Is there a reason you always drop a message on her in the late / early hours?

Running back to the 29th July the last 10 messages that have been submitted by you have been at the following times:

00:40, 00:29, 00:14, 23:38, 23:40, 01:08, 22:38, 00:27, 23:53, 00:53.

It is keeping me up at night wondering.  Nights worker? 

13 hours ago, FOTS said:

This is staggering.  Such a small self appointed group have such access and influence.

15 hours ago, iancognito said:

How can I join Foxes Future ?  Sounds good.