Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

'disappointed and we have to learn lessons'

Is that it?

Is that the gist of what you have to say?

If it is then we can have no trust in the Trust as a voice for the fans or a pressure group. If the Trust is about financial governance rather than football matters then at least spell it out - with huge wage bills and significant borrowing, senior management has allowed the club to sleep walk into relegation and in turn has put the club in a perilous situation. Frankly both the national and local press have been far more analytical in the clubs downfall and the reasons behind it. Foxes Trust why bother to exist?

• Like 3

How do you win the premier league, win the FA Cup, win the community shield, finish 5th twice, finish outside of the top 10 in only 2 out of the previous 9 seasons and come out with stuff like "Relegation has been a fairly frequent experience throughout the Club’s history" and "To use a well-worn phrase: we are where we are" we as a fanbase should expect, no demand better than what we have seen this season.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

The big issue over the summer and into the season was the lack of communication. 

I am one of the fans who recognised that the owners have delivered phenomenal success (against the odds). They have been fantastic owners and invested heavily across all areas from what I can see. Unfortunately, errors In the transfer market and a manager who should’ve been removed earlier have proved costly.

However, in the summer it became clear we needed to balance the books, despite rumours of a rebuild. The owners needed to explain this to fans and not allow BR to control the narrative. 

I hear a lot of negativity about Rudkin and at this point when the fans needed leadership and communication it was sadly missing. All we got was what I believed to be the self-serving narrative of Rodgers and nothing more long term and informative from the hierarchy at the club.

ln the future we need better lines of communication between the club and the supporters. If fans are well informed they can draw conclusions based on the evidence.

without proper information it’s clear that fans draw their own conclusions. They fill in the gaps and the confusion leads to anger and in the case of far too many, vitriolic abuse.

Foxes Trust needs to be a genuine conduit between club and fans if it is to serve any meaningful purpose. For what it’s worth a felt that statement was pretty hollow and I couldn’t take much from it.

• Like 4

Just now, Stadt said:

From the a Tanner Athletic article in January after the Forest loss…

“Union FS can only express our dismay at the management on and off the pitch,” a spokesperson for Union FS, which chooses only to communicate as a collective, told The Athletic. “Beyond results on the pitch, there’s a deep-seated malaise overcoming not just our members but the fanbase at large. We fear that the mismanagement is putting the future existence of the club in doubt.”

Get @Union FS to write an open letter to the club. It'll be far, far superior to this crap and get it in the Mercury and on as many social media channels as possible.

• Like 4

I just asked ChatGPT to write a letter and it has done a far better job than the Foxes Trust ffs.

Jon Rudkin

Director of Football

Leicester City Football Club

Filbert Way

Leicester

LE2 7FL

Subject: Open Letter of No Confidence in Your Role as Director of Football

Dear Mr. Rudkin,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my deep concerns and utter disappointment regarding your performance as the Director of Football at Leicester City Football Club. As a passionate supporter of this esteemed club, I believe it is crucial to address the growing discontent among the fans, which has unfortunately stemmed from your actions and decisions.

Leicester City Football Club has a rich history and a dedicated fan base that has stood by the team through thick and thin. Our recent success, including the remarkable Premier League title win in the 2015-2016 season, has raised expectations and created a sense of ambition within the fan community. Regrettably, it seems that under your leadership, the club is failing to capitalize on this momentum and make progress on multiple fronts.

One of the primary concerns among supporters is the club's transfer policy, which has been consistently questionable during your tenure. The lack of astute signings and failure to strengthen key areas of the squad have resulted in a stagnation that has hindered the team's growth. Competing in the Premier League demands a proactive approach to recruitment, yet our squad remains unbalanced and lacks depth in crucial positions. This has been evident in recent seasons, where we have struggled to maintain consistent performances and failed to challenge for higher positions in the league.

Furthermore, the club's youth development system, which had been a source of pride and success, has suffered under your watch. The lack of promising young talents making their way into the first team suggests a significant oversight in nurturing and harnessing the potential of our academy prospects. Leicester City has a history of developing remarkable talents, and it is disheartening to witness a decline in this area.

Equally concerning is the deterioration of the team's playing style and tactical approach. Leicester City was once known for its vibrant attacking play and high-intensity counter-attacking football. However, in recent seasons, the team's performances have lacked coherence and inspiration. The absence of a clear footballing philosophy and the inability to adapt to changing circumstances has hindered our progress and resulted in a frustrating lack of consistency.

It is with immense disappointment and growing concern for the future of our beloved club that I implore you to consider stepping down from your position as Director of Football. As fans, we deserve a leadership that can propel Leicester City forward, building upon the success achieved in recent years and steering the club towards greater heights.

I urge the club's owners and board of directors to reflect upon the overwhelming sentiment of discontent among the fanbase and take appropriate action to address this situation. The appointment of a new Director of Football who can bring fresh ideas, a clear vision, and a progressive approach to the role would be a significant step in the right direction.

Leicester City Football Club has always been more than just a team; it is a representation of our city, our community, and our collective pride. As fans, we stand united in our desire to see our club flourish and achieve greatness. It is therefore incumbent upon the leadership to listen to our concerns and take decisive action to restore faith and optimism among the supporters.

Thank you for taking the time to read this open letter. I sincerely hope that you consider the greater good of the club and make the necessary decision to step down from your role, enabling the appointment of a Director of Football who can reinvigorate our beloved Leicester City.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Name]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd say that statement is like bringing along a flask of lukewarm water when what we're needing right now is piping hot boiling water.

It's OK telling us we are where we are, carry on, etc do they want to pay my train fares and ticket money next season for 2nd rate product? If not let me be angry at the quality and value for money I'll be served up.

I've said all along it has been about a lowering of standards, if you drop your own standards it's the beginning of the end, the club has failed to address physical and mental issues within their squad or send out motivated balanced sides with a clear plan, an abject case of mis-selling, we weren't even ready for a season of PL football, we're not set up right. I won't lower my standards, goalkeepers who repeatedly concede soft goals, CB's who repeatedly concede gifts to the opposition, midfielders who do not work hard and track runners should not be handed a shirt week after week after week, the badge on our shirt has been devalued all season as you happy clap Danny Ward and Amarteys names, you'll be telling us Vestergaard is our under rated salvation next. A manager was allowed to remain despite personal vendettas with players and the Brentford subs bench fiasco where he willingly tossed away points for the sake of protesting about squad depth - again a lowering of standards to accept that.

We await the marketing emails telling us how exciting the Championship is going to be, how cool the new kit is, how great the cast offs we sign are, before we get to that unpalatable medicine we need to hear some apologies and proper reasoning from the club, yes you can't change what's happened but by examining it thoroughly you ensure it doesn't happen again and we have a chance of changing our direction.

Or you just get "Excited" at the release of the fixture list, pay £60 for the latest s**t shirt and clap Soumare off after 90 minutes of walking football. We have different standards.

• Like 4

The Trust has failed to recognise that the club has moved on the last nine years or so, as I and I believe and most supporters thought We were no longer the "yoyo, hope for the occasional run in a cup" club that existed 10 or so years ago. Indeed Seagrave is the board's statement piece to that effect. Instead the Trust's message is the club has not moved on, we are mistaken, be happy for past glories and accept your lot.

• Like 2

Well that comment is very anaemic and will be long forgotten!

As a Trust you need to be calling out those that are decision makers at the club and holding them to account and ask them questions like:-

Why the need to ruin the match day experience with manufactured gloss! Nobody wants Flags, When you’re smiling blaring out, goal music, t-shirt cannons, grass lines. Fans will set the tone - for example the Foxes Trust didn’t come up with the numerous matchday tifo display.

Lobby for safe standing areas, that will promote more of a fan generated atmosphere! 

As well as questioning the First team Football strategy because let’s face it we are where we are because too much power was gifted to Rodgers and his team of yes men!  

• Like 2