Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

34 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

The thing I worry about with the Union FS though is the weight they pull with regards to the club. Do they have much influence at all? They've not really got a 'seat at the table' have they with regards to relaying concern and questioning the club. 

They go get an invite to the very rare, very unrecorded fan liaison meetings. However you have to be aware the club are very touchy on criticism it receives, so it’s very difficult line. 

Something will give soon 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

This lot should get in the bin. They have no sway but tow the club's party line just to feel like they're important.

And if the points about the Union FS comments going down like a lead balloon are true, they have now been proven to be right and based on well founded reservations by our supporters. 

Club needs to wake up

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

If anyone from the Foxes Trust is reading this thread then please:

1. Grow a pair

2. Stop kissing arris

The club is a mess.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

They are probably monitoring this thread and sorting posters into categories. Those who agree, “sensible”. Those who don’t, “stupid”. 

No one in the “sensible” column yet.

Remember this gem:

Reading some match reports later, it appeared that when Rodgers went over to the Leicester fans at the end of the game, some idiots were holding up a banner calling for him to be sacked, only for some more sensible supporters pulling it down; I wasn’t aware of that, nor of the apparent booing by some idiots.  You might not like what you see but Brentford are a good team who have only lost at home to Arsenal this season, and surely we support our players when we can see that they are doing their best.

FYI - your disclaimer doesn’t work. 

If the moron who wrote this is still part of your organisations, you shouldn’t be issuing any statement whatsoever.

****ing hell.

"The purpose of the Trust...is to ensure that the Club is run effectively and well".

The Club goes down in entirely avoidable style with the most expensive squad and highest wage bill of any relegated side ever, more than £100m of players walking away for nothing this summer and another batch currently set to do the same this time next year, and supposedly a sizeable chunk of our parachute payments going straight to some mystery bank in Australia - disappointing but oh well, we are where we are, better get behind the lads! Terrific.

Another day, another nothing statement. Whose turn is it tomorrow?

• Like 3

I'm not surprised with this statement. After all, quite a sizable amount of our fanbase clapped the players off for getting the club relegated. Others threw punches to shut up fans that were booing. In the past, fans have been abused for holding Rodgers out signs. This statement is just indicative of this feeling, that the players and club hierarchy, can never do anything wrong. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Are @Union FS also going to be making a statement of some sort? 

I’d urge them to however completely understand, sympathise and recognise they’re on choppy waters with the club (for whatever reasons) as it is - there lies the problem (with the club).

Tbh, I’ve seen the odd occasional comment from members of the Foxes Trust but I never even knew the Foxes Trust were still relevant and prevalent, I didn’t realised they were still going as organisation or fans group.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’d urge them to however completely understand, sympathise and recognise they’re on choppy waters with the club (for whatever reasons) as it is - there lies the problem (with the club).

I understand that but something has to happen though regardless of the backlash from the club. They've been getting away with it for far too long and someone needs to hold them to account and as a fan group UFS should be the ones to do it now. Not as if Foxes trust are any help

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

Tbh, I’ve seen the odd occasional comment from members of the Foxes Trust but I never even knew the Foxes Trust were still relevant and prevalent, I didn’t realised they were still going as organisation or fans group.

I totally forgot about them. 

There's literally no substance to the statement. Might as well have not said anything. 

Just goes to show any person on the Trust clearly isn't reading the room or totally understanding of the predicament we're in. 

Be interesting to see their response after all this valuable feedback. Or have they just left it here and ran lol

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bmt said:

This lot should get in the bin. They have no sway but tow the club's party line just to feel like they're important.

And if the points about the Union FS comments going down like a lead balloon are true, they have now been proven to be right and based on well founded reservations by our supporters. 

Club needs to wake up

Won’t just be UFS. The club dislike criticism from the media too. 

They are sometimes paralysed by the fear of reputation. Didn’t like the stick over the Ranieri sacking - and that’s been a factor holding us back to a point since. 

• Like 2

Just now, CosbehFox said:

They are sometimes paralysed by the fear of reputation. Didn’t like the stick over the Ranieri sacking - and that’s been a factor holding us back to a point since. 

They all fed into the media claims of "best run club in England" which was true to an extent with Vichai. They let it get to their heads and look where we are now

I do not see why a forum like this could not create and write to the club on behalf of us in here.  We have many gripes that I believe need addressing.

How many members do we have that regularly post in here? I would guess a lot more than Union FS or Foxes Trust have.  Also there is probably a better coverage of ages on this forum than both of the above.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

This is what irks me, it seems they care more about how they are viewed by the wider football community, media and others rather than the actual fans of the club, their customers.

• Like 2

A copy and paste of everything that was said on SSN a few days ago.

The ambition of our current owner was to make Leicester City a cemented Premier League team, that’s all gone up in smoke in a year. 

Wording like “We are where we are” shows just how soft and unambitious some of our fanbase is. 

That’s basically saying “It doesn’t matter if we’re in the Championship, because I watched us play Hereford in League One fifteen years ago”. 

You not got any cojones @Foxes_Trust

I think the biggest concern for me regarding that statement is the fact that as a group that played an enormous role in keeping the club alive following shambolic financial mismanagement previously, there is very little mention of the current plight we are facing.

I'd have expected the Foxes Trust to at least go in hard asking questions about the financial sustainability of the club and seeking assurances that history won't be repeated.

I think they're one of the few stakeholder groups who genuinely have a right to demand answers and transparency from the owners/custodians of our great club, after all without their intervention previously there simply wouldn't be a club to own, so this statement does feel like an opportunity missed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Our fan base is pathetic. I've said it all season that some of our fans are to blame for where we are for standing by and doing nothing. Happy clapping relegation and calling out people who actually try to make a statement towards the board whether that be banners or booing is why we are where we are. The whole "we were in league 1 once" bollocks just shows we are and always will be a small club. We had the chance to cement our place as an established top 10 club aiming for Europe every season and now we will be back to championship mediocrity with the odd yoyo in and out of the prem. It's as if some people prefer us to be shit as they can wear their best fan badge and say I still watch leicester when we they are shit. Yeh most of us do, doesn't mean we are happy about it! Clubs a fcking joke including sections of the fan base.

We all want the same thing, which is Leicester City to do well. We have all preferred being a top side to this season - languishing at the foot of the top flight or next season in the second tier.

We had a shout of being a Top 10 club, largely because of our owners. Prior to their involvement we hadn’t won a major honour in our entire history. That is the reality.

Becoming a Top 10 club is enormously difficult when other clubs have far bigger revenue generating capacity than we do. For a while we punched above our weight and the owners are trying to invest in the infrastructure of the club to enable us to do so in the future.

We had an enormous wage bill this season, but the club felt they couldn’t just pump endless money into the playing staff and risk bankrupting us. We were stuck with deadwood on big wages that we couldn’t shift to fund reinforcements to the squad. Perhaps they should have thrown more money at it. But they made a call to try and balance the books, which didn’t work out.

To remain a top 10 side we needed faultless transfer windows - that is much easier said than done. The transfer market is highly risky and volatile. Which is why no one has managed to consistently become a Top 10 club without incredible amounts of investment (Chelsea, City, potentially Newcastle).

The owners have made mistakes and the lack of communication in summer was poor. Allowing Rodgers to sulk and undermine the club was also an error of judgement. 

However, the idea that we should be completely full of rage against the people who have delivered us unprecedented success is just wrong. Yes Top has made errors and we’ve had some bad luck, but the Thais have continued to invest in us and to just turn on them when things don’t go to plan is so poor. If they hadn’t built the training ground, established an enormous playing budget, written off debt the potentially I’d be furious. However all I can see is owners continuing to invest and trying to help us become established as a larger club.

I am just saying what I see. Errors from the owners - absolutely. But it’s worth being measured in the criticism. I believe they will help us to rise again - I base that belief on seeing them fund success to a degree that I never thought would happen.

I don’t prefer us to be shit - far from it, but I’m not going to rant around looking for everyone to blame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1