Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

16 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

We all want the same thing, which is Leicester City to do well. We have all preferred being a top side to this season - languishing at the foot of the top flight or next season in the second tier.

We had a shout of being a Top 10 club, largely because of our owners. Prior to their involvement we hadn’t won a major honour in our entire history. That is the reality.

Becoming a Top 10 club is enormously difficult when other clubs have far bigger revenue generating capacity than we do. For a while we punched above our weight and the owners are trying to invest in the infrastructure of the club to enable us to do so in the future.

We had an enormous wage bill this season, but the club felt they couldn’t just pump endless money into the playing staff and risk bankrupting us. We were stuck with deadwood on big wages that we couldn’t shift to fund reinforcements to the squad. Perhaps they should have thrown more money at it. But they made a call to try and balance the books, which didn’t work out.

To remain a top 10 side we needed faultless transfer windows - that is much easier said than done. The transfer market is highly risky and volatile. Which is why no one has managed to consistently become a Top 10 club without incredible amounts of investment (Chelsea, City, potentially Newcastle).

The owners have made mistakes and the lack of communication in summer was poor. Allowing Rodgers to sulk and undermine the club was also an error of judgement. 

However, the idea that we should be completely full of rage against the people who have delivered us unprecedented success is just wrong. Yes Top has made errors and we’ve had some bad luck, but the Thais have continued to invest in us and to just turn on them when things don’t go to plan is so poor. If they hadn’t built the training ground, established an enormous playing budget, written off debt the potentially I’d be furious. However all I can see is owners continuing to invest and trying to help us become established as a larger club.

I am just saying what I see. Errors from the owners - absolutely. But it’s worth being measured in the criticism. I believe they will help us to rise again - I base that belief on seeing them fund success to a degree that I never thought would happen.

I don’t prefer us to be shit - far from it, but I’m not going to rant around looking for everyone to blame.

3 league cups is more than anyone outside the big 6 plus the traditional “big clubs” ( Leeds, Villa, Everton ,West Ham, Wolves and Forest) have won since the war

4 minutes ago, MattFox said:

3 league cups is more than anyone outside the big 6 plus the traditional “big clubs” ( Leeds, Villa, Everton ,West Ham, Wolves and Forest) have won since the war

League Cup is a nice to win not a major honour for me. 

Look I’m not saying it wasn’t good to win them, but winning the league or FA Cup is the big one for me. 

Regardless, my point is that we aren’t one of the 10 biggest clubs in the country and the only time we could make a claim to be has been under the current ownership. Do you agree? 

9 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

League cups have never been a major honour. Fa Cup and league totally different - surely that is the case?

Not at all. Carries europa qualification same as the fa Cup.  The only difference in reality is that the FA Cup has been going a lot longer and is open to non league clubs via a qualification route. The fact that the FA Cup is the oldest cup competition in world football lends it more tradition and kudos. Both have wembley finals and europa qualification.

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Not at all. Carries europa qualification same as the fa Cup.  The only difference in reality is that the FA Cup has been going a lot longer and is open to non league clubs via a qualification route. The fact that the FA Cup is the oldest cup competition in world football lends it more tradition and kudos. Both have wembley finals and europa qualification.

I have never seen the league cup as a major honour. Even the FA cup has become less relevant in the Premier League era. As a kid the FA Cup was huge, the league cup….might just be me, but it didn’t generate anywhere near the same level of interest.

I always felt we needed to land one of the big ones, I thought the league was out of reach, but we might just get the FA Cup. under the Thais we have won both - I just never thought I’d see it and I can’t help it I’ll always be grateful. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to rebuild - just means I’d like them to be with us for the journey. If not? The club is bigger than any one fan, player, manager or owner.

• Like 1

League cup is a “nice to win”. We’ve just thrown away a PL place with our most expensive squad ever and the mandem acting like a League Cup win wouldn’t have us all jumping around like Children. 

Every single trophy is massive for us. This season alone proves that. League, Fa Cup, League Cup, Europa League, Europa Conference (and Champions League but that’s a 10000/1) - we simply do not have enough. You can never “complete” football as a fan. 

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's a major honour. Some clubs don't take it seriously but that can also be said of the FA cup. 

Not for me. FA Cup and league are the ones. I always felt we needed one of them to be taken seriously. It bothered me that we’d never won one of the big ones. Now we have both.

Guest Mee-9

A quick search on their website reveals this: 

https://foxestrust.co.uk/foxes-trust-board

Here's the people who claim us fans with sense are idiots. Posing with trophies... 

On there are also the email addresses of the people who issue these daft statements. Not encouraging giving them grief.  But certainly not very savvy for a supporters club who issue such tripe and look down upon fans to publish contact details. 

They also claim they are not a supporters club, and want change. Yeah next joke. 

Edited by Mee-9

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Somebody called S.Whelan and another called J.Rudkin

Heard the treasurer is a chap known as Roger Soul or R Soul. 

3 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Here's the people who claim us fans with sense are idiots. Posing with trophies... 

On there are also the email addresses of the people who issue these daft statements. Not encouraging giving them grief.  But certainly not very savvy for a supporters club who issue such tripe and look down upon fans to publish contact details. 

They also claim they are not a supporters club, and want change. Yeah next joke. 

Anyone under 40 in there? Doesn’t seem particularly representative.

Shall we start our own supporters club with blackjack and hookers?

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Anyone under 40 in there? Doesn’t seem particularly representative.

Shall we start our own supporters club with blackjack and hookers?

Definitely. We should. Lets face it, all of us on here come from diverse backgrounds and you'd get a decent representation of different fans. 

Monthly meet ups and sessions in a pub in town, Foxestalk piss up. It'd all kick off. It'd be absolutely fantastic. 

9 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Bet every single one of these has participant awards and trophy all round their house, with one of those signs up saying "its not the winning that counts, its the taking part". Get in the fcking bin! 

10 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

All over the age of 50. Imagine my shock

16 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I can honestly say I don't recognise a single one of those.... And going to most away games you get familiar with the majority of faces...

Do they regularly go to games?

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I can honestly say I don't recognise a single one of those.... And going to most away games you get familiar with the majority of faces...

Do they regularly go to games?

Check the front rows next time

• Haha 1