Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

20 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

A quick search on their website reveals this: 

https://foxestrust.co.uk/foxes-trust-board

Here's the people who claim us fans with sense are idiots. Posing with trophies... 

On there are also the email addresses of the people who issue these daft statements. Not encouraging giving them grief.  But certainly not very savvy for a supporters club who issue such tripe and look down upon fans to publish contact details. 

They also claim they are not a supporters club, and want change. Yeah next joke. 

Good representation of our fan base.🙄

Why create a thread, share a statement (“as the voice of the fans”), then reply to absolutely no one! 

What type of voice is that?! Screams egotistical behaviour, thinking for whatever reason your voices mean more than the average fan. 

The best thing is what the Foxes Trust have just done on this forum, is exactly how the club run lol jokers.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

We all want the same thing, which is Leicester City to do well. We have all preferred being a top side to this season - languishing at the foot of the top flight or next season in the second tier.

We had a shout of being a Top 10 club, largely because of our owners. Prior to their involvement we hadn’t won a major honour in our entire history. That is the reality.

Becoming a Top 10 club is enormously difficult when other clubs have far bigger revenue generating capacity than we do. For a while we punched above our weight and the owners are trying to invest in the infrastructure of the club to enable us to do so in the future.

We had an enormous wage bill this season, but the club felt they couldn’t just pump endless money into the playing staff and risk bankrupting us. We were stuck with deadwood on big wages that we couldn’t shift to fund reinforcements to the squad. Perhaps they should have thrown more money at it. But they made a call to try and balance the books, which didn’t work out.

To remain a top 10 side we needed faultless transfer windows - that is much easier said than done. The transfer market is highly risky and volatile. Which is why no one has managed to consistently become a Top 10 club without incredible amounts of investment (Chelsea, City, potentially Newcastle).

The owners have made mistakes and the lack of communication in summer was poor. Allowing Rodgers to sulk and undermine the club was also an error of judgement. 

However, the idea that we should be completely full of rage against the people who have delivered us unprecedented success is just wrong. Yes Top has made errors and we’ve had some bad luck, but the Thais have continued to invest in us and to just turn on them when things don’t go to plan is so poor. If they hadn’t built the training ground, established an enormous playing budget, written off debt the potentially I’d be furious. However all I can see is owners continuing to invest and trying to help us become established as a larger club.

I am just saying what I see. Errors from the owners - absolutely. But it’s worth being measured in the criticism. I believe they will help us to rise again - I base that belief on seeing them fund success to a degree that I never thought would happen.

I don’t prefer us to be shit - far from it, but I’m not going to rant around looking for everyone to blame.

I agree with this apart from us not wining a ‘major trophy’ prior to 2012. Strange statement.

While I agree the Fox Trust is a pointless sick joke we all have to accept the fact that no fan group has any say in the ownership or running of the club whatsoever and never will. Do they take any notice of what we say on here or on any other fansite? Of course not. If they did Rodgers would have been given the sack when it became clear to Everyman and his dog that he needed booting out. Do they take any notice of our criticism of all the other shite ideas they come up with that clearly don't work ie ticketing and the shite concourse service? to mention just two. We are nothing to them, they may give it lip service or patronize groups like Fox Trust but they will never allow the tail to wag the dog. We are what we are.:thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

As if people have gotten sidetracked from dunking on the Foxes Trust to debate if the League Cup is a major honour (it is). 

Especially as it's the one thing that seems to have united this forum in months

But look at how these losers are over celebrating at winning the League Cup. Really should've tempered their jubilation tbh

image.png.367235a5ab4155553d0ef127283e2d54.png

Guest Mee-9

They think they're big time charlies in bed with the club.

In reality they're coach 1'ers who moan about 'their seat' being pinched on the Fox Travel coaches, and have literally no sway or influence at all. 

15 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Especially as it's the one thing that seems to have united this forum in months

But look at how these losers are over celebrating at winning the League Cup. Really should've tempered their jubilation tbh

image.png.367235a5ab4155553d0ef127283e2d54.png

I went mad when we won the play off final - major honour? 

35 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I agree with this apart from us not wining a ‘major trophy’ prior to 2012. Strange statement.

Is it strange not to see the league cup as a major honour? I just don’t see it in the company of the premier league or FA Cup which I see as major honours.

28 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

As if people have gotten sidetracked from dunking on the Foxes Trust to debate if the League Cup is a major honour (it is). 

It’s because I put together a reasoned description of what the owners have done (good and bad) and the doom mongers couldn’t respond with anything substantive, so some picked out that statement as if in some way it disproved that we’ve been far more successful under the current ownership than ever before (and let’s face it, it’s not even close). Yes, I loved winning league cups, but compared to this era it didn’t come remotely close for me.

1pt from 8 or 9 games at the start, Rodgers should have been gone.

All he did was throw the board the player and the fans under the bus.

I dont for one minute agree with a lot of posts on here but mainly on FB calling Top a cvnt and more. That is so wrong, but we as fans should of made ourselves heard.

The happy clappers have cost us. The only argument they gave was the FA cup.

Well as the old saying goes " You're as good as you're last game"

Rodgers showed us at the start of the season how good he was and how he cared. We can all moan now but the fanbase was also part of this problem.

In the spirit of showing understanding, how about I concede that League Cup is a major trophy, but we all agree that by history, tradition and interest it is of significantly less prestige than the FA Cup or the League Chsmpionship.

im trying to make the point that the success achieved under the current ownership is unprecedented (I grew up being overwhelmed with joy at Play Off Finals). 

I think this needs to feature in thinking when reaching a balanced conclusion about the successes and errors of Top and his family.

1 hour ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

We've only been a Championship club for 72 hours and we've already reverted back to being tinpot. 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Why create a thread, share a statement (“as the voice of the fans”), then reply to absolutely no one! 

What type of voice is that?! Screams egotistical behaviour, thinking for whatever reason your voices mean more than the average fan. 

The best thing is what the Foxes Trust have just done on this forum, is exactly how the club run lol jokers.

The statement looked like it was written by a committee.

So I'm guessing they're all now back on a Teams call, desperately drafting a second statement, in response to the reaction they got for the first one.

Hopefully, the wordsmith who came up with "we are where we are" hasn't been muted. Can't wait what he/she will come up with this time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

In the spirit of showing understanding, how about I concede that League Cup is a major trophy, but we all agree that by history, tradition and interest it is of significantly less prestige than the FA Cup or the League Chsmpionship.

im trying to make the point that the success achieved under the current ownership is unprecedented (I grew up being overwhelmed with joy at Play Off Finals). 

I think this needs to feature in thinking when reaching a balanced conclusion about the successes and errors of Top and his family.

That is correct however also it must be conceded that the owners got financially lucky.

We didn’t win the league (and to some extent FA Cup) by investing shed loads of money (like Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle) we won the league because of our excellent recruitment. Even now what we did could not be repeated for 100 years. Who knew we would have 3 world class players for the grand total of 7million pounds.

The more money the owners have invested since 2016 the worst we’ve become.

I think when we were winning the owners got more credit than they deserved and now it’s gone tits up they are getting more flak than they deserve. 

17 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

That is correct however also it must be conceded that the owners got financially lucky.

We didn’t win the league (and to some extent FA Cup) by investing shed loads of money (like Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle) we won the league because of our excellent recruitment. Even now what we did could not be repeated for 100 years. Who knew we would have 3 world class players for the grand total of 7million pounds.

The more money the owners have invested since 2016 the worst we’ve become.

I think when we were winning the owners got more credit than they deserved and now it’s gone tits up they are getting more flak than they deserve. 

Yeah I just don’t agree with that.

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Won’t just be UFS. The club dislike criticism from the media too. 

They are sometimes paralysed by the fear of reputation. Didn’t like the stick over the Ranieri sacking - and that’s been a factor holding us back to a point since. 

So the whole notion of "get back in your place" - actually worked?

Pathetic. Weak. Spineless.