Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Board comment on relegation and the message from the Club’s Chairman

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Only Leicester City fans would try and downplay their success with trophies.

Remember guys, don't over celebrate if we win the 2024 League Cup final. It's only a nice one to win.

Good. God.

This sort of attitude allowed Rodgers to run the place down.

This same ownership group got promoted and spoke about Europe. It signed a decorated Argentine international from Inter Milan. 

Now we are back to our own people putting us down. We are a crap Talksport pundit's dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Don’t agree with what? So you think that us winning the league in 2016 was down to the owners 27million pound investment in the squad? 

What won the title passion,desire,fight,team playing for each other,club,manager and fans ... not money ... spot the difference to the current 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Top is from a culture where criticism of his King could lead to imprisonment. No actual definition of what criticism is. It could be anything from calling him a **** to how come it’s cold today and the fella taking offence that you’ve questioned the weather in his land. 

He’s also had suck ups around him his whole life. He’s used to being told he is great. I remind everyone how classless he acted during the title win. Grabbed hold of the trophy. Didn’t let go. Pointing at fans like he’s smashed it in past Mignolet from 40 yards. Top doesn’t know what constructive criticism is. His statement of yesterday classes messages into two parts. Positive and negative. Nothing in between. Does everyone really believe that 100s of fans slid into his DMs to call him a donkey ? The culture and lack of self awareness is now killing us. 

The reality is he has overseen one of the worst relegations in the history of the PL. it’s on his watch. There needs to be some sort of recognition of this and that catastrophic errors have happened. Until this happens, we cannot grow. Until someone in a right position is able to tell Top that, it won’t happen. 

Superb post - the King in Thailand managed to lock someone up for criticism via twitter. 

Change is coming in Thailand. Opposition are growing in support. Remember Thaksin Shinawatra? The Thai PM who had to quickly sell Man City because he was overthrown and his assets were frozen. His daughter is the front-runner for PM. Her father was accused of disrespecting the King and he's had to exile himself. Whatever happens the topic of the monarchy has to come up in Thai government. It's going to kick off soon - https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/12/world/asia/thailand-election-monarchy.html 

A lot have forgotten King Power faced corruption allegations in living memory. For me there's a time bomb there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Don’t agree with what? So you think that us winning the league in 2016 was down to the owners 27million pound investment in the squad? 

No I just think promotion, winning the league, winning the FA cup, 2 top 5 finishes, winning the community shield and European runs was more than just luck. Too much of an outlier against our historic position to simply just coincide with the Thai ownership for me.

47 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Has the Foxes Trust ever listened to the club's supporters?

Who is on the committee for it?

Here's Dave Statham from the Trust.

Contact him for membership enquiries :)

Dave-Premier-League-Trophy-478x640.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

This sort of attitude allowed Rodgers to run the place down.

This same ownership group got promoted and spoke about Europe. It signed a decorated Argentine international from Inter Milan. 

Now we are back to our own people putting us down. We are a crap Talksport pundit's dream.

Seen the comment you replied to and was about to reply to it but couldn't have put it any better than you did here.

It's not at all about not appreciating what we have done. It's about not letting everything about our club be destroyed and using previous achievements as I reason to do so.

Any Leicester fan worth their salt would have accepted a competitive team in the Premier League because we've already achieved so much. A very modest thing to be okay with. But don't expect us to sit there and watch a player not even running just because we won a trophy 8 years ago.

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan

I can’t get it out of my mind that fans like these have been part of the problem this season. 
Without being put under real pressure from vociferous groups or individuals, the club’s level of apathy as we drifted towards relegation has been left unchecked really. 
If the powers that be haven’t felt pressurised to act (until the 11th hour) that’s probably at least part of the reason why they haven’t.

We all see it at work, for instance. If you have a boss who’s forever looking over your shoulder, you’re probably going to pull your finger out a bit more, at least in the short term. LCFC have had no-one ‘looking over their shoulder’ and monitoring closely. As I tried to say with a few weeks left, it smacks of people becoming fat on previous successes, and not having the internal motivation to keep on improving and pushing forward.

When we have groups like this, simply siding with them and apparently not daring to question anything much, there’s little ‘push’ to act.

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

But i do agree that inevitably you get praise when it goes well and criticism when it goes badly. I don’t believe Top is a saint and the reality is that owners like players and managers will come and go.

I would like to see measured criticism of the owners based on the success they have achieved and the errors that have resulted in relegation.
I think the lack of communication has been a huge issue, but I think the long term investment in the clubs prosperity and the writing off debt is reflective of a genuine commitment to the club.

On balance they have been very good owners in my opinion. They invested in the squad (6th largest wage bill last year) and in the club. They have tried to bridge the gap with larger clubs, but it is a very competitive market.

im genuinely upset that we haven’t been able to establish ourselves as a Top 10 side, but I feel it hasn’t been through a lack of commitment. Errors can occur; and the owners have made a lot of them leading to this relegation. However I do think they have really tried.

I hope that makes sense.  We do all want the same things and it might be time for the owners to move on. However, I don’t feel right turning on them, because I don’t think it’s warranted. I’ll stop bothering you now!

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

How would one go about usurping Foxes Trust’s privileged position?

Do they get to hold it de facto just by being the first ever?

If another group were to have greater numbers and felt they could do a better job, what would stop them taking their place?

I'd immediately quit the group were I member after reading that. They can't have huge numbers