Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Your Favourite Thing About the Club

8 hours ago, Jamie Vard-on said:

Leicester is a strange club. We’re capable of truly outrageous moments, good or bad. 

We’re like the Bermuda Triangle of football.

A mind-bending reality-distorting force field radiates around LCFC. We’ll probably win the Champions League in 4 years, then get bought by a nutty billionaire that renames us, and changes our colours from blue to pink.

Supporting Leicester is not usually boring.

Red bull lie-chester hot stuff

Edited by HybridFox

The fact that I've supported us for 5 decades means a high level of interest.

Our unpredictability.  That we sometimes defy the odds.   

We're not in, the entitled 6.  7.

That Tottenham sang, 'Leicester City, we're coming for you'

That Steve Lynex came out of goal and set up Jim Melrose.

Martin O'Neill won stuff and showed what we can do.

That we bounced back.

Ranieri.

Schmeichell, Simpson, Fuchs, Huth, Morgan, Kante, Drinkwater, Okazaki, Albrightton, Mahrez, Vardy

Wallington, Whitworth, Rofe...

Jock Wallace saying we'd win the league

That we have good seasons to come (maybe not the next one)

• Like 3

Banks, Shilton, FA Cup Finals (love-hate) then beautiful realisation, Gibson, Stringfellow, Sinclair, Dougan, Weller, Worthington, Wallington, Lineker. The Play Off Finals, The O'Neill teams. Royal blue (other blue clubs don't count) 2021 maroon. 2O14, 2015, 2016.

42 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I wondered this for years and then realised we’re the luckiest sports fans in the world. There ain’t no-one in the world who has experienced what we did in 15-16. All the pain was worth it for one of the best times of my life.

The next generation of Foxes are ****ed though. :ph34r:

Exactly, imagine what it's like being the plastics you meet in day to day life who think football is about picking a top four team and getting into the top four each season. They gloat about the past achievements of the club as if that's not the reason they started supporting them. They'll never know what it's like to be properly invested in a club that represents your community no matter what and then achieve such a miracle. I feel sorry for them to be honest.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Mainly that we are unique in that we are a club of a certain size that was won the whole set in a period of time where much bigger clubs have barely won anything or nothing. We are unique in that sense, and I love a plucky underdog! 

*coughs* Bottleham... *cough* *cough*

• Like 1

On 31/05/2023 at 13:59, StanSP said:

Most things right now suck, but there must be something that leaves you clinging on to currently...? 

I'm not 'clinging on'. I believe some of the young players will come through and will play well in the Championship. 

I also predict that at least one new 'name' will come good in the next few years.

1 hour ago, melvinmmelvin said:

I'm not 'clinging on'. I believe some of the young players will come through and will play well in the Championship. 

I also predict that at least one new 'name' will come good in the next few years.

KDH should be amazing at Championship standard, as should Overseal if he plays like he did against Newcastle.

We already know Kel can bash them in for free there when we played champ teams in the cups.

Vardy as a supersub... noone else will have him now, surely?

Albrighton as the right winger.

We have Championship Champions written all over!

• Like 1

On 31/05/2023 at 14:24, ceebeefox said:

We win stuff. And when we’re not good enough to win at the top level we have the good grace to be so poor that we move down a notch and win again! Take note Everton, why celebrate like you’ve won the cup when you’ve only subjected yourself to more misery.

It's this hands down. The old football adage, 'show us your medals' ...we carry ours round like Mr T (one for the oldies!)

Take a similar sized club since, say, 1980. Derby have won one single league 1 title in that time. Sunderland one single championship. Southampton a league 1 and a championship. Norwich  doing OK with a couple of championships and a league cup.  West Brom, to my knowledge, nothing but a few promotions. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2023 at 12:42, when_you're_smiling said:

I wondered this for years and then realised we’re the luckiest sports fans in the world. There ain’t no-one in the world who has experienced what we did in 15-16. All the pain was worth it for one of the best times of my life.

The next generation of Foxes are ****ed though. :ph34r:

100% this.