Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Your Favourite Thing About the Club

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Seagrave.

If you're an ambitious young player who wants to progress and you're offered a five year contract by us and by, say, Middlesbrough and Luton, you would look around the respective facilities and not really fail to be impressed.

Then you look at which team is likely to be in the best position over that term, the career trajectories of players who'd joined each club, consider we're probably going to pay well and offer chunky promotion bonuses and all of a sudden Leicester seems a decent destination. 

Can I join, where do I sign???

51 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

pound for pound the most entertaining club in world football. find me a better story in the last 30 years i'll call you a liar.

Luton Town? nah pal

Wrexham? hollywood pish

It literally is 30 years isn't it - Certainly since 1991 and the 1st great escape - It's been an excruciating rollercoaster ride of intoxicating exhilaration and sheer despair at times 

We’re Leicester ****ing City.

We’re the ONLY club to have won League One, the Championship, The Premier League, the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield in the last 25 years.

We’re one of only 5 clubs to have The Premier League, the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield in the last 25 years.

And we’re the only club to have done that without breaking the rules OR spending hundreds of millions of pounds.

• Like 2

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

We’re Leicester ****ing City.

We’re the ONLY club to have won League One, the Championship, The Premier League, the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield in the last 25 years.

We’re one of only 5 clubs to have The Premier League, the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield in the last 25 years.

And we’re the only club to have done that without breaking the rules OR spending hundreds of millions of pounds.

We did break the rules to achieve that

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Can I join, where do I sign???

I don't think you'll find many neutrals predicting us to still be below clubs like Luton and Bournemouth in the football pyramid in a couple of years' time, and probably not clubs like Forest, Brentford or Burnley either. They would be expecting most of those to drop off a bit, possibly to the point of relegation, and us to rally and return to the Premier League before staying up with a degree of comfort.

Both are a gamble and neither could happen, but I would say the only clubs we won't be able to compete with in this summer's transfer market are the likes of Palace and above.

Leicester is a strange club. We’re capable of truly outrageous moments, good or bad. 

We’re like the Bermuda Triangle of football.

A mind-bending reality-distorting force field radiates around LCFC. We’ll probably win the Champions League in 4 years, then get bought by a nutty billionaire that renames us, and changes our colours from blue to pink.

Supporting Leicester is not usually boring.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

I'm truly lost with ordering at the kiosks before half time. 

So you know as a club for around 45 mins what the DEMAND is going to be, so you could spend that primarily redundant 35-40 mins pouring about 85-90% of the pints needed (so you don't overpour). 

Therefore when ticket punters appear you'll make them even more happy.

No of course you're pouring them out when they turn up en masse 45mins later, slowly, ensuing a massive queue and a beer 14 mins after the ref blows for half time.

Man Utd A in Feb, they had pints on the bar at the cricket ground and just called them off.  Hmmm, anything to be learnt???

100% agree

Though in fairness, based on the acumen of the people running the club on a daily basis, we shouldn’t be surprised.

2 hours ago, Bilo said:

Everything is in place for us to bounce straight back and re-establish ourselves if we get the right management in place and do the right business over the summer. Seagrave will eventually come good and we should have a huge edge this summer in the transfer market over not only other teams in the Championship, but arguably the liked of Luton, Bournemouth, Forest and Sheffield United. 

What makes you think we'll have a huge edge over Forest when it comes to transfers this summer? Won't they have more money than us + PL pull? 

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What makes you think we'll have a huge edge over Forest when it comes to transfers this summer? Won't they have more money than us + PL pull? 

Huge squad with little guaranteed game time as a result, only four points better than us over the course of a season and inferior facilities. They could be excellent candidates for second season syndrome, especially if they have a bad spell and Marinakis loses patience and sacks Cooper as nearly happened this season.

Never mind 'we are where we are'

It should be  - Que sera sera (What will be will be)

When I was just a little boy
I asked my Daddy, what will it be
Will we stay up? Will we go down?
Here's what he said to me
Qué será, será
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Qué será, será
What will be, will be