Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

Brazil out fantastic, big heads! Honestly treat themselves like the gods of football but neither the men or women have won anything in ages. Credit to Jamaica first tournament I believe and they have got out of the group unbeaten. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Brazil out fantastic, big heads! Honestly treat themselves like the gods of football but neither the men or women have won anything in ages. Credit to Jamaica first tournament I believe and they have got out of the group unbeaten. 

Brazil are basically the Fijian rugby team in this day and age. Skilful, entertaining, will draw crowds but simply not strong enough to compete with the big european sides.  

Damn there really is only one decent team between England and the final from here (France). If England play at 80% then it would be a shock if they didn't make the final.

The other half is stacked with the best teams so far (Japan, Netherlands and Sweden (plus USA)). 

On 28/07/2023 at 08:44, WigstonWanderer said:

Disappointing from the Matildas. Can’t see them progressing further. Haven’t watched all the matches, but Brazil, Germany and Japan have impressed most. England didn’t look particularly good either TBH.

This comment of mine didn’t age too well. 

I’d concluded that Australia and England were crap - now through and looking really good. Of my 3 picks, Brazil and Germany both out. Only Japan still through and looking good.

Good job no one listens to me lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

I'll be shocked if we don't get to the final, the only question is whether or not we can beat USA/Netherlands/Japan in the final.

If US gets to the fianl this year, they will certainly have to earn it.

I think Sweden will knock them out.