Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

Just now, Lionator said:

We’ll lose against the first team who can actually convert chances. 

It's like @fuchsntf said earlier - the mark of a truly good and/or lucky team is making it to the business end of tournaments without appearing to play well. The Germans turned it into an artform for a few decades.

England have done that.

well we keep playing poorly but winning, I'll take that all the way to the final.

I just cant see us beating the aussies though.  Partly because they look so good defensively, and we look so poor, but also they were so comfortable when they beat us 2-0 earlier this year, and we had a much stronger squad for that game.

6 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Put it in for 5 mins at the end. Sorry to wazz on everyones chips and I know it's not the done thing to say anymore but bloody hell, absolutely dreadful. That really the best goalkeeper in all of columbia? 

Possibly the best goalkeeper in the university campus bearing that name on Manhattan Island and the Washington District of Columbia, yes.

....but I expect you meant a slightly different place. :D

On the relevant topic, compared to the upper echelons of the men's game there is a marked difference in quality, yes. But then perhaps some folks are actually OK with that - those who watch and enjoy non-league football as entertainment, for example.

This really is for the ashes or not..!  :dunno:

Men’s cricket drawn

women cricket drawn..

Now we have to burn the Goalposts drink at the bar..

And see that 3rd time lucky we can take the GP-Ashes home.

I would love in this game Daley & Kelly play together & just on name

alone..England has to play..She has that „don’t mess with me“ look..

The Aussie-girls are a breath of fresh air..They have taken a massive

kangar spring in their game…They have a look of World Champions,

we have to ,leave them holding the Koala ..

A bit tense at the time but looking back I think we had the game under control.

On we go. I will be absolutely thrilled if we win the World Cup.

In fact, if I had to choose between England winning this World Cup OR Leicester winning the Championship, I'd take the Lionesses win. There, I said it :ph34r:

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

As this tournament has gone on I find myself less concerned with how the women compare with the men. It all just looks like football now, and dare i say it, I’ve enjoyed this as much as the men’s World Cup. I’ve been surprised at how physical some of the play actually is as well.

Definitely physical and a lot less time spent rolling around on the pitch trying to draw fouls.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

well we keep playing poorly but winning, I'll take that all the way to the final.

I just cant see us beating the aussies though.  Partly because they look so good defensively, and we look so poor, but also they were so comfortable when they beat us 2-0 earlier this year, and we had a much stronger squad for that game.

Ahh little grasshopper…one still has to learn the wisdom..of time & patience

Time is the giver of experience & there within lies the patience

patience is the giver of time,where the experience can mature & expands reason..

The Australians will run out of time & patience, and England will have grown strong on Australian impatience to reason.. Therein lies the answer to know when to strike using the power of time,patience & reason,where hectic will only spray those seeds of doubt….& their experience withers in the dry sands of confusion..

So little Grasshopper you need to start to unbutton your cloak of English doubt

and spread it gently over the time,patience,reason then hold that gathered experience & reason close to your inner spirit then the path before you will lighten

up the way to all those questions that by each step will unfold..

So now grasshopper lesson for the day has reached its conclusion,

Its time to hold your aspirations and expand the reasoning within those

Single thoughts while you help your mother/wife do the washing up…:twitch:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

A bit tense at the time but looking back I think we had the game under control.

On we go. I will be absolutely thrilled if we win the World Cup.

In fact, if I had to choose between England winning this World Cup OR Leicester winning the Championship, I'd take the Lionesses win. There, I said it :ph34r:

Yes because the ladies have that single chance,

Leicester in their foxes cunning will accept 2nd

For that aspired promotion..

• Like 1