Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

The Lionesses have such fight, character and talent. Some absolute legends in the making here. Wonderful stuff. The emerging partnership, understanding and link play between Hemp and Russo is so impressive. Does Ella Toone ever score unspectacular goals? Lucy Bronze and Keira Walsh know the Spanish starting 11 inside out and Lauren James is back for the final. Just brilliant!

Edited by Line-X

I thought it was going to be the perfect Aussie day after Kerr scored that wonder goal, wasn't too be, but the Aussies can me proud of themselves, what a run they've had and how incredible has the support been?

As for England we keep doing enough to win games, for this team missing key players to make the final is quite something.

Roll on Sunday.

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

You end up sounding unintentionally condescending when saying it, but the standard of women's football has improved so much in recent years. The difference in standard now compared to the 2015 world cup is remarkable. 

If you give the funding and opportunities, I think such a thing happens often. I'm glad that it is.

On a similar note, I really hope this properly kickstarts a groundswell of interest in women's football in England, it's been looked down upon ever since the FA shunted it into the shadows and told the women to get back in the kitchen post-WWI. Long past time that was no longer the case.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Amazing time to be England fan at the moment winning the euros last year and now a world cup final in just 12 months.  Weigmann greatest ever England manager either female or mens side. 

Think they have to win on Sunday for her to eclipse Ramsey, but if they do, it would be difficult to argue against.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Kerr.png

Kerrking hell..,**

She was good today..cracking chancing, but the forum just like When Leicester play...conveniently forget some great chances we had for 0-2..

And 1-2, before.

Could have ended up 3-5...

Will be interesting against Spain a notch higher in individual technic & control..

It's just that non-arrogant belief..the 3-5 English players that can/do come in and still our tactics & discipline high & just  churn over ...Mistakes are ignored and we go again...

The young Spanish girls might bring their best.or might be just too much..

• Like 1