Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

Aussie's bubble and Adrenaline burst,in Semi-final..Shame,but another team that Women's football can show these last 5 years how far the sport has come...

We now have to see,what newcomers are coming through from such teams.

Japan,USA,England,Spain,Sweden seem to be covering their past 10 yrs and future 5-10yrs..

S.AmericansAfricans..will find teams having bursts,but are restricted from finance & Social poverty.

• Like 1

Sweden started out strong and have generally bøssed this game. Two strong, physical teams with Sweden having been the stronger. Fowler needs to play off cleverer players - she's just too subtle for this kind of contest. Asllani combines tough and clever. No idea why Raso was subbed.

5 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Sweden started out strong and have generally bøssed this game. Two strong, physical teams with Sweden having been the stronger. Fowler needs to play off cleverer players - she's just too subtle for this kind of contest. Asllani combines tough and clever. No idea why Raso was subbed.

Razzo.

To give squad members a go,I suppose.

• Like 1

The 3rd place play off should be binned in World Cups. No one wants it. After several weeks and suffering semi final heartbreak the last thing any players need is to pick themselves up for a game no one cares about. They probably just want to go home, or on holiday and forget about it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

The 3rd place play off should be binned in World Cups. No one wants it. After several weeks and suffering semi final heartbreak the last thing any players need is to pick themselves up for a game no one cares about. They probably just want to go home, or on holiday and forget about it.

I just watched a damned good game of football. Sure, no-one remembers who placed 3rd and 4th, but the Swedish team themselves looked very happy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Always look at the players..the winners especially..

obviously the losers will look “ sick as a Parrot”,

but not if they won..

Aussies will anyway look back & be proud of 4th

Especially in Women’s football,and away from senior men’s teams,

One can see the growth & developement move forward sometimes

in leaps and bounds…

where in the same instance,fans/ commentators  like yourself tend to go

leaps n bounds in the opposite direction… I bet your school /College/Uni/Apprenticship

plus your sporting prowess were not covered in 1s or 2s, or cups & trophies,but you grabbed

what you could and embraced it deep into your life….

Seems exactly  so sporting or academic fraternities…

Bet you only came 5th even in the flat cap moaning/misgogs trophy…& then only because of your foxesstripes…:teehee:

only banter fella ,only banter.….:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I just watched a damned good game of football. Sure, no-one remembers who placed 3rd and 4th, but the Swedish team themselves looked very happy.

And go home with a bronnze medal too, so there was something to play for, I enjoyed the match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Criticism of William not flying over is ridiculous considering his climate change beliefs.

Criticism of flying and focusing on that as a contributor to climate change while not pointing out there are far, far bigger contributors is ridiculous anyway. Reeks of either neo-Luddism or strawman of one designed to make climate activism look bad.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

Criticism of William not flying over is ridiculous considering his climate change beliefs.

Nah, he'd have ran to the airport to get on a plane if it was the men's team in the WC final and we all know it. Climate change beliefs is just a really shit excuse.

The mental gymnastics being used online to excuse him for his cop out is frankly quite telling in some quarters.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Nah, he'd have ran to the airport to get on a plane if it was the men's team in the WC final and we all know it. Climate change beliefs is just a really shit excuse.

The mental gymnastics being used online to excuse him for his cop out is frankly quite telling in some quarters.

I'm not a royalist but he would have been accused of hypocrisy if he did fly so he's in a bit of an impossible scenario.

• Like 1

There’s some really poor journalism coverage on the final. Whilst you can read about the fallout in Spanish female football and the issues surrounding the coach and the players - there’s very little out there to read on Spain’s set up and tactics and how they may line up for the final and the key threats from players etc…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

There’s some really poor journalism coverage on the final. Whilst you can read about the fallout in Spanish female football and the issues surrounding the coach and the players - there’s very little out there to read on Spain’s set up and tactics and how they may line up for the final and the key threats from players etc…

Simple thing is I doubt the media  care that much about all that !

Genuine question and I'm not taking the piss, do the women wear make up when playing? Mary Earps looks caked in it.

I'd imagine with a sweat on all that mascara and blusher would run and look a right mess :dunno:

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Genuine question and I'm not taking the piss, do the women wear make up when playing? Mary Earps looks caked in it.

I'd imagine with a sweat on all that mascara and blusher would run and look a right mess :dunno:

Maybe it's something to do with helping to keep cool in a hot environment? :dunno: