Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2023/24 Ins / Outs

53 minutes ago, Harboro said:

academy kids are under out not out of contract

Not sure what you mean,  I don't believe the Academy kids were under contract as such so are listed as leaving , those that are staying are not listed like all the other squad players that are staying? 

I think they are listed as they are because that's the way the info arrived I guess they could all be bunched together as leaving/out.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Not sure what you mean,  I don't believe the Academy kids were under contract as such so are listed as leaving , those that are staying are not listed like all the other squad players that are staying? 

I think they are listed as they are because that's the way the info arrived I guess they could all be bunched together as leaving/out.

Ah ok all clear, I initially read it as the outs being transfers so thought we’d sold all the academy leavers, as they’re not with the first teamers no longer under contract 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Stephy Mavididi  - Undisclosed Fee - 5 year - OS

In: 

Coady - £7.5m (Estimated new wage £40k)

Winks - £10m (estimated new wage £40k)

Doyle - Loan (£500k) (wages covered £3.5K)

Hermansen - £5m (Estimated new wage £25k)

Mavididi - £6.5m (Estimated new wage £25k)

Total outcost £29.5m

Estimated incoming weekly wages £133.5k

Estimated incoming yearly wages £6,942,000

Out:

Evans (Wages £100,000)

Hirst - £1.5m (Wages £11,000)

Maddison £37.5m (Wages £110,000)

Soyuncu (Wages £45,000)

Tielemans (Wages £120,000)

Amartey (Wages £57,000)

Mendy (Wages £49,000)

Bertrand (Wages £78,000)

Perez (Wages £83,000)

Barnes £38m (Wages £80,000)

Total income £77m

Total weekly wages saved £733,000

Total yearly wages saved £38,116,000

Total profit on player turnover:

£47,500,000

Estimated Yearly profit on wages: £31,174,000 

(Wage figures are based from Salary Sport as seems more realistic in figures compared to Spotrac and incoming wages are guess work due to people previously requesting but I’ve tried basing this from previous contracts)

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 1

The wages paid to Bertrand, Mendy, Perez and Amartey were ridiculous (if the figures quoted are correct). Winks and Coady together  cost only slightly more than Bertrand - who appeared a total of 11 times in all competitions for us! 

Edited by LanguedocFox

3 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

The wages paid to Bertrand, Mendy, Perez and Amartey were ridiculous (if the figures quoted are correct). Winks and Coady together  cost only slightly more than Bertrand - who appeared a total of 11 times in all competitions for us! 

Betrand was on a free. Its why so many players are happy to run their contracts down, as the lack of signon fee can be passed through into their wages. Doesn't make the amount we paid right, it just explains it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Betrand was on a free. Its why so many players are happy to run their contracts down, as the lack of signon fee can be passed through into their wages. Doesn't make the amount we paid right, it just explains it.

I get that, although it doesn’t explain why Perez was on even more than Bertrand, when we paid 30 million for him.

I guess my point is that we appear to be even worse negotiators than Peter Ridsdale (even if you don’t believe the Seth Johnson myth - which I don’t). I just hope we’ve learned a lesson.

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This article doesn't appear to take into account any % drop in wages due to relegation, but I can well believe that we currently have 7 of the top 10 highest paid players in the Championship.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/championship-wages-highest-paid-players-2023-24-leeds-leicester-southampton/

17 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In: 

Mavididi - £6.5m (Estimated new wage £25k)

Total outcost £29.5m

Estimated incoming weekly wages £133.5k

Estimated incoming yearly wages £6,942,000

Out:

Evans (Wages £100,000)

Soyuncu (Wages £45,000)

Amartey (Wages £57,000)

Mendy (Wages £49,000)

Bertrand (Wages £78,000)

Perez (Wages £83,000)

Total income £77m

£47,500,000

Estimated Yearly profit on wages: £31,174,000 

(Wage figures are based from Salary Sport as seems more realistic in figures compared to Spotrac and incoming wages are guess work due to people previously requesting but I’ve tried basing this from previous contracts)

From SouthStand's post

=7. Patson Daka (Leicester City, £75k)

Zambia international Daka arrived at the King Power from Red Bull Salzburg back in 2021 with a reputation as one of the most promising young attackers in Europe.

He’s shown more than a few flashes of that potential over the past couple of years, but the Foxes might’ve been justified in expecting more than just four league goals last term.

Everton and Roma have been tipped to make an approach for the 24-year-old, but a year proving himself consistently in the second tier might be the best thing for him.

If Leicester can get the alchemy right around him, Daka could be a game-changer at this level.

=7. Dennis Praet (Leicester City, £75k)

Youri Tielemans, Harvey Barnes and James Maddison may have left to sign for Premier League clubs, but new Leicester boss Enzo Maresca still boasts the core of a squad that was widely regarded as too good to go down.

Torino have reportedly had a bid turned down to sign Praet, with Leicester said to be holding firm over the Belgian midfielder’s £7million asking price.

It remains to be seen whether he’ll still be at the club after the transfer window closes. Last season wasn’t his best, but Praet’s technical ability could make him a major asset for Leicester in 2023-24.

=7. Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, £75k)

Get used to Leicester players. This is a running theme.

Outstanding as Leicester won the FA Cup and narrowly missed out on qualifying for the Champions League, Ndidi is one of the players widely expected to move on in August.

The Nigeria international has featured in the Foxes’ pre-season tour of Asia but Nottingham Forest are among his suitors. Leicester value him at £20million. Watch this space.

=4. Boubakary Soumare (Leicester City, £80k)

Former France Under-21 international Soumare was sensational as Lille upset the odds to beat PSG to the Ligue 1 title back in 2020-21. It’s frankly ludicrous that two years he’s lining up for a season in the Championship.

Signed for a £17million fee in the same summer that Daka arrived, Soumare hasn’t quite lived up to his billing amid Leicester’s struggles. But the midfielder’s proven pedigree could yet see him move to a top European club – Napoli are said to be eyeing up an approach.

=4. Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, £80k)

With 196 Premier League appearances under his belt, Iheanacho is vastly experienced and among the top earners in Leicester’s squad.

The 26-year-old has one year remaining on the three-year extension he signed back in 2021, so it wouldn’t be a major shock to see Leicester take this last viable opportunity to cash in on the striker.

Reports suggest that Everton are on the verge of tabling a bid. Don’t count your chickens on Iheanacho remaining a Championship player come September.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

From SouthStand's post

=7. Patson Daka (Leicester City, £75k)

Zambia international Daka arrived at the King Power from Red Bull Salzburg back in 2021 with a reputation as one of the most promising young attackers in Europe.

He’s shown more than a few flashes of that potential over the past couple of years, but the Foxes might’ve been justified in expecting more than just four league goals last term.

Everton and Roma have been tipped to make an approach for the 24-year-old, but a year proving himself consistently in the second tier might be the best thing for him.

If Leicester can get the alchemy right around him, Daka could be a game-changer at this level.

=7. Dennis Praet (Leicester City, £75k)

Youri Tielemans, Harvey Barnes and James Maddison may have left to sign for Premier League clubs, but new Leicester boss Enzo Maresca still boasts the core of a squad that was widely regarded as too good to go down.

Torino have reportedly had a bid turned down to sign Praet, with Leicester said to be holding firm over the Belgian midfielder’s £7million asking price.

It remains to be seen whether he’ll still be at the club after the transfer window closes. Last season wasn’t his best, but Praet’s technical ability could make him a major asset for Leicester in 2023-24.

=7. Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, £75k)

Get used to Leicester players. This is a running theme.

Outstanding as Leicester won the FA Cup and narrowly missed out on qualifying for the Champions League, Ndidi is one of the players widely expected to move on in August.

The Nigeria international has featured in the Foxes’ pre-season tour of Asia but Nottingham Forest are among his suitors. Leicester value him at £20million. Watch this space.

=4. Boubakary Soumare (Leicester City, £80k)

Former France Under-21 international Soumare was sensational as Lille upset the odds to beat PSG to the Ligue 1 title back in 2020-21. It’s frankly ludicrous that two years he’s lining up for a season in the Championship.

Signed for a £17million fee in the same summer that Daka arrived, Soumare hasn’t quite lived up to his billing amid Leicester’s struggles. But the midfielder’s proven pedigree could yet see him move to a top European club – Napoli are said to be eyeing up an approach.

=4. Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, £80k)

With 196 Premier League appearances under his belt, Iheanacho is vastly experienced and among the top earners in Leicester’s squad.

The 26-year-old has one year remaining on the three-year extension he signed back in 2021, so it wouldn’t be a major shock to see Leicester take this last viable opportunity to cash in on the striker.

Reports suggest that Everton are on the verge of tabling a bid. Don’t count your chickens on Iheanacho remaining a Championship player come September.

To be fair only a couple of grand difference to what Salary Sport have got it as.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2023 at 07:37, cruzFOX said:

Evans was on 100K/week?

flippin heck! How much did he contribute?

bertrand picked up 78K/week for being permanently injured. Makes me a bit sick

And still one or two people on here defend Duffkin.................................

• Like 2

On 01/08/2023 at 06:37, cruzFOX said:

Evans was on 100K/week?

flippin heck! How much did he contribute?

bertrand picked up 78K/week for being permanently injured. Makes me a bit sick

Not your money!

As for Evans, like a lot on here, you've a short memory about what he's contributed to this club.

We all knew what a piß-poor deal Bertrand and Vestergaard were - pretty soon after they landed.

I understand feeling sick about relegation and losing games, but I cannot emotionally identify with someone else's money (unless they've nicked it off me, of course). Take a Rennie.

On 24/07/2023 at 00:02, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In: 

Total outcost £23m

Estimated incoming weekly wages £108.5k

Estimated incoming yearly wages £5,642,000

Out:

Evans (Wages £100,000)

Soyuncu (Wages £45,000)

Amartey (Wages £57,000)

Mendy (Wages £49,000)

Bertrand (Wages £78,000)

Perez (Wages £83,000)

Total income £77m

£54,000,000

Estimated Yearly profit on wages:£32,474,000

Surely we're not paying Hermansen 25k a week when he's never played at this level.

What has he done that justifies this big a Salary. ?

20 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Like I’ve said just estimated I’ve got no idea how much he’s on.

No one on here has any idea what any of our players earn Bluearmy, the ridiculous guesses and made up shit that is spouted about wages never fails to make me laugh :-)