Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2023/24 Ins / Outs

On 03/06/2023 at 10:02, davieG said:

Ins

Harry Winks - Undisclosed Fee - 3 year - OS

Conor Coady - Undisclosed - 3year - OS

Outs

James Maddison - Spurs 2028 -  Undisclosed Fee - OS

Khanya Leshabela

Thanawat Suengchitthawon.

Josh Eppiah 

Ronny Nelson

Bayli Spencer-Adams,

Kelechi Chibueze,

Terell Pennant. 

Dillon Addai,

Freddie Cook,

Abdullah Javaid,

Tyler Weeks

Moving on (out of Contract) 

Caglar Soyuncu - Atletico Madrid 4 year deal - https://eplindex.com/89050/top-leicester-player-signs-for-atletico-in-four-year-deal.html

Youri Tielemans - Aston Villa - https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/10/villa-announce-tielemans-agreement/

Jonny Evans

Daniel Amartey

Papy Mendy

Ryan Bertrand

Ayoze Perez

Tete

Re. the moving on out of contract group, I've seen it described a few times as seven players.

Who's the additional one you've added to the list?

44 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Re. the moving on out of contract group, I've seen it described a few times as seven players.

Who's the additional one you've added to the list?

Probably Evans who's out of contract but still talking about an extension apparently.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Lets hope not. He's finished as a player. Maybe stay on as a Coach.

I didn't rate him "finished as a player" in those final games he played in. Seems to me that Smith was glad to get him back in the team. Whether or not his legs will carry him through a season in the Championship is different question, but when he can play he's still the best defender we have.

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

I didn't rate him "finished as a player" in those final games he played in. Seems to me that Smith was glad to get him back in the team. Whether or not his legs will carry him through a season in the Championship is different question, but when he can play he's still the best defender we have.

Yes he has the experience, But he simply can't cover the ground needed in games. With two games a week he's bound to struggle.

He could be useful around the group while also working as a junior team Coach. 

But we need to move on with the rebuild of the team.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes he has the experience, But he simply can't cover the ground needed in games. With two games a week he's bound to struggle.

He could be useful around the group while also working as a junior team Coach. 

But we need to move on with the rebuild of the team.

Vardy supersub... its DakaNacho time

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Hearing today Ryan Bertrand is holding talks with Rangers. Probably his level now. 

Good luck with that. 

So we've got soumare along with a squad of relegated players.

We've signed a centre back who Wolves and Everton discarded as too slow and weak and a washed up spurs cast off.

Let's hope they can step it up and the new manager can pull some Rabbits out of a few hats.

We need less Sven and more Nigel (or Martin!)

In Enzo we trust?

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

So we've got soumare along with a squad of relegated players.

We've signed a centre back who Wolves and Everton discarded as too slow and weak and a washed up spurs cast off.

Let's hope they can step it up and the new manager can pull some Rabbits out of a few hats.

We need less Sven and more Nigel (or Martin!)

In Enzo we trust?

It's way too soon to to tell what kind of team we will have this season but I'm optimistic that Enzo will improve the team. How much influence he will have on who Rudkin buys is yet to be determined but Winks & Coady certainly make us a stronger team.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

It's way too soon to to tell what kind of team we will have this season but I'm optimistic that Enzo will improve the team. How much influence he will have on who Rudkin buys is yet to be determined but Winks & Coady certainly make us a stronger team.

In the same way a bow and arrow would make a cheer leading team stronger.

On 04/07/2023 at 21:45, foxinsocks said:

Why are we bringing in players on 3 yr contracts... what's the advantage to us?

That we're not stuck with them if they're shite or we don't go up. If we go up and they're great then they'll be offered extensions you'd imagine.

12 minutes ago, JimJams said:

That we're not stuck with them if they're shite or we don't go up. If we go up and they're great then they'll be offered extensions you'd imagine.

I was thinking it was due to their age as much as anything. Probably be a one year rolling contract if they want to stay after the contract and we still want them to play?

On 04/07/2023 at 09:18, Leicesterpool said:

Hearing today Ryan Bertrand is holding talks with Rangers. Probably his level now. 

Guessing you mean Stafford Rangers...😐   

D'oh...just seen the fox coverts post!

Edited by J. James
  • Haha 2

I believe we have at least started on the right foot…

but it is only a start, movement in both directions is still required.

The major points on team management have been addressed & can only be qualified has the new up & coming season progresses.

IMO, the base of the squad even with some needed outgoing movement is there.

Even with whom and what we end up,from the old guard unlike some,it won’t be as bad as some will have. This new season in the championship we don’t have to break the bank,or throw away & discard that many players. Some might prove themselves a better asset than we believe. at this moment.

We often discuss about giving individual players / management more space, Sometime it’s time itself & suprise opportunity that also need to be given room.

• Like 1