Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2023/24 Ins / Outs

11 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Who in their right mind would've signed Bertrand on 78k a week. 28 would've been too much. How can whoever negotiated that still be at the club. It was utter madness. 

Bertrand wasn't too bad for us,as some will have..but once injured & missing last season,and age most likely the player himself would be willing to accept 30-50k. It's totally wrong thought from your side without knowing what people in the game & what Bertrand himself is prepared to do in this his last career phase has a player..This hate/dislike towards individuals as too much air time on this forum, despite the right to an opinion.

Towards the team ,club too much negative vibes in some sort of format or other..like the shrew some people can't post anything else ..All a lot of Liz Taylor's..lol

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Bertrand wasn't too bad for us,as some will have..but once injured & missing last season,and age most likely the player himself would be willing to accept 30-50k. It's totally wrong thought from your side without knowing what people in the game & what Bertrand himself is prepared to do in this his last career phase has a player..This hate/dislike towards individuals as too much air time on this forum, despite the right to an opinion.

Towards the team ,club too much negative vibes in some sort of format or other..like the shrew some people can't post anything else ..All a lot of Liz Taylor's..lol

Come off it. Bertrand was never worth anywhere close to that figure whether he got injured or not was irrelevant. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I never understand the vitriol some players get, when they leave, when they’re injured, when we find out they weren’t born already wearing a full replica Leicester kit. There’s a lot of anger around, but that’s society these days and that’s a whole different can of worms 

But saying that, Bertrand stole a living off us for 2 years. There’s nothing about his time here that is in anyway “not too bad”  His performance away at Napoli (was that his last for us?) was one of the worst individual performances from an outfield players I’ve seen in a long time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big_Nige said:

I never understand the vitriol some players get, when they leave, when they’re injured, when we find out they weren’t born already wearing a full replica Leicester kit. There’s a lot of anger around, but that’s society these days and that’s a whole different can of worms 

But saying that, Bertrand stole a living off us for 2 years. There’s nothing about his time here that is in anyway “not too bad”  His performance away at Napoli (was that his last for us?) was one of the worst individual performances from an outfield players I’ve seen in a long time

I don't feel vitriol towards Bertrand, not a bit. He or his agent played a blinder getting that contract. It's whoever signed it my angst is directed at. 

To think though that we got in the Southampton duds on silly wages.

gave decent contracts/wages to other players that wernt really up to it.

Then neglected our prize assets and didn’t give longer term deals 

Rudkin  is still here along with Whelan so what makes people think anything will change?

some of the transfer/contract decisions over the past 2 years have been shocking.. that won’t change..

Edited by Rigga

20 hours ago, Foreverfox said:

Oh yeah. Sorry. I forgot was are nit allowed to have a different opinion to any mods. My mistake. 

Yes you are and no one said you can't which is why I replied to you and explained why it wasn't in the Transfer Forum and why I wasn't going to move it.

I didn't use my position as mod to disagree with you as anyone could have started the thread.

So yeah you can but  it doesn't mean your opinion is right or preferred.

Time to move on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

Yes you are and no one said you can't which is why I replied to you and explained why it wasn't in the Transfer Forum and why I wasn't going to move it.

I didn't use my position as mod to disagree with you as anyone could have started the thread.

So yeah you can but  it doesn't mean your opinion is right or preferred.

Time to move on.

The man has spoken.

I bow to your superior opinion.

I know nothing oh great one.

Yeah. 

Let's move on.

41 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Rudkin  is still here along with Whelan so what makes people think anything will change?

some of the transfer/contract decisions over the past 2 years have been shocking.. that won’t change..

Looking back there has been some horrendous decisions . You can see why we are in this position now. When Rodger’s first came with his entourage we all talked about his awful transfer business at Celtic, or am I dreaming that….

2 hours ago, woznotwos said:

Looking back there has been some horrendous decisions . You can see why we are in this position now. When Rodger’s first came with his entourage we all talked about his awful transfer business at Celtic, or am I dreaming that….

Can not remember the Rodgers transfer business tbh

those running the show have just let players meander to the end of contracts or within a year if it..

On 20/07/2023 at 13:22, Fazzer 7 said:

Who in their right mind would've signed Bertrand on 78k a week. 28 would've been too much. How can whoever negotiated that still be at the club. It was utter madness. 

Do not worry, the Foxes Trust are on the case and investigating the recent crap and damaging decisions made by Club officials.  ‘If’ the person who agreed to this, is indeed still here and employed by the Club, then we really do have serious work ahead to get this Club out of reverse.

• Haha 1

On 18/07/2023 at 15:25, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In: 

Coady - £7.5m

Winks - £10m

Doyle - Loan (£500k)

Hermansen - £5m

Total outcost £23m

Out:

Evans - (Wages £100,000)

Hirst - £1.5m (Wages £11,000)

Maddison £37.5m (Wages £110,000)

Soyuncu (Wages £45,000)

Tielemans (Wages £120,000)

Amartey (Wages £57,000)

Mendy (Wages £49,000)

Bertrand (Wages £78,000)

Perez (Wages £83,000)

Total income £39m

Total weekly wages saved £653,000

Total yearly wages saved £33,956,000

Total profit on player turnover £16,000,000

(Wage figures based from Salary Sport as seems more realistic figures compared to Spotrac)

Do these figures include wages for the players in?

4 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Do these figures include wages for the players in?

Nope as couldn’t find anywhere for these figures. However, I have updated it on my end with estimated guesses based on previous contracts so we can have a rough idea but obviously I could be well off as we truly don’t know their salaries.

Will post that when we have our next incoming/outgoing player, hopefully will make it a bit clearer for anyone interested.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2023 at 07:32, fuchsntf said:

Bertrand was god awful for us…

He had a couple of decent halves and seduced us with his corners and set-pieces.

On 21/07/2023 at 08:23, Rigga said:

Exactly, started off this season offering Evans a new contract, luckily he turned us down!

On 20/07/2023 at 15:34, Fazzer 7 said:

Come off it. Bertrand was never worth anywhere close to that figure whether he got injured or not was irrelevant. 

Well he was a free signing, so his agent probably got that out of the club as they didn’t have to pay a transfer fee.

Like Tielemans holding out till his contact expired, so that £40m transfer fee (or a big portion of it) went into his back pocket rather than to the club.

Wages are part of the total transfer cost, so players that can sign for free and have a good agent can get silly wages in the Premier League.

The fact he got immediately injured and never played again is a different issue.