Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2023/24 Ins / Outs

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Timothy Castagne - Fulham - Undisclosed Fee - OS

According to the Mercury he is quoted as being relieved the transfer came in time. How far have we fallen when players are relieved to secure a move to Fulham? 

Edited by Bazly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

According to the Mercury he is quoted as being relieved the transfer came in time. How far have we fallen when players are relieved to secure a move to Fulham? 

We have fallen into the championship! Fulham were safe with many matches to go so I don't think we are in any position to look down on them! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KP Fox said:

We have fallen into the championship! Fulham were safe with many matches to go so I don't think we are in any position to look down on them! 

True, but the potential here is far greater if we get the right leadership on and off the field. Would like to see a football dynasty built here, but understand highly unlikely

3 hours ago, Bazly said:

Relieved because he knows he doesn't fit Enzo's system and would hardly get a game

On 29/08/2023 at 17:05, Bazly said:

We had a club & squad got relegated,

Why in heavens name shouldn't he be relieved that a PL club were interested & he can safely compete for PL & international selection..

Told from within club according to several sites he his surplus to requirements & decent offers taken.and which ever was first his or clubs request,We live in a capitalist society,where football players contracts  runs along the back of it..

I liked the guy,never IMO as poor has some will have.Sad we had to lose him,but obvious turn around once relegation became a fact.No sinn in wishing the guy goodwill in his future career..No double dealings or out of place interviews..Good profi.

Has anybody got an idea of how many senior pros we will have that would need to be registered for the 25-man squad, assuming Cannon signs and there are no more outgoings? In other words, how many are we likely to have to leave out of the squad altogether? My head's spinning a bit with the recent arrivals and departures...

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Man for man I make it 13 first team contenders leaving since end of season (didn’t count Hurst), 8 coming in, then add the returning Albrighton,  Choudhury and Stolarczyk (now 11-13) and further factor in that one of the departing players was Bertrand who troubled the team sheet as much as I or Filbert Fox did last season, then  consider we’ve blooded 2 homegrown wingers and have 2 young midfielders returning from injury who could be contenders and we now seem a bit bloated again! If anything we’ve gained albeit 4 of whom we don’t own. We could happily lose 2 keepers at least. More importantly we’ve shed a lot of negativity, repeat offenders who buckled when the first thing went against them.