Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2023/24 Ins / Outs

Some fans were expecting us to bring in £100M in fees for Maddison and Barnes and we haven’t managed to hit that number for Maddison, Barnes, Castagne, Soumare, Castagne, Thomas, Kristiansen, and Daka combined. 

Great to see all the keepers still on the books, though. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/08/2023 at 02:49, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In: 

Coady - £7.5m (Estimated new wage £40k)

Winks - £10m (estimated new wage £40k)

Doyle - Loan (£500k) (wages covered £3.5K)

Hermansen - £5m (Estimated new wage £25k)

Mavididi - £6.5m (Estimated new wage £25k)

Akgun - Loan (£430k) (wages covered £11k)

Total outcost £29.9m

Estimated incoming weekly wages £144.5k

Estimated incoming yearly wages £7,514,000

Out:

Evans (Wages £100,000)

Hirst - £1.5m (Wages £11,000)

Maddison £37.5m (Wages £110,000)

Soyuncu (Wages £45,000)

Tielemans (Wages £120,000)

Amartey (Wages £57,000)

Mendy (Wages £49,000)

Bertrand (Wages £78,000)

Perez (Wages £83,000)

Barnes £38m (Wages £80,000)

Castagne £11m (Wages £67,000)

Total income £88m

Total weekly wages saved £800,000

Total yearly wages saved £41,600,000

Total profit on player turnover:

£58,100,000

Estimated Yearly profit on wages: £34,086,000

(Wage figures are based from Salary Sport as seems more realistic in figures compared to Spotrac and incoming wages are guess work due to people previously requesting but I’ve tried basing this from previous contracts)

Anyone got an update for this? Doing a poll. 

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Flippin heck why do we need so many damn goal keepers. I thought ward we could afford ti give away for free for starters?

sad to see Iverson go. I still rate him and one of the few positives out of last seasons dumpster fire

Imagine being Smithies, Ward or Iversen on the training pitch, that's gotta be the most pointless gig in football right now. Without injuries to Mads or Jacob they're essentially spare parts with no chance of a game. There's no point trying to save that £5m Daka money and then giving it in installments to those 3.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The_77 said:

Some fans were expecting us to bring in £100M in fees for Maddison and Barnes and we haven’t managed to hit that number for Maddison, Barnes, Castagne, Soumare, Castagne, Thomas, Kristiansen, and Daka combined. 

Great to see all the keepers still on the books, though. :thumbup:

I have to admit, I was one of those guys. My son on the hand, told me we wouldn't get over 80M. He was right, although when you see Spurs spend almost 50M on Brennan Johnson, it feels like we've been short changed.

• Like 2

I reckon this window is considerably better than the 2017/17 summer window

Islam Slimani            €31.00m    
Ahmed Musa             €19.50m    
Nampalys Mendy      €15.50m    
Bartosz Kapustka      €5.00m    
Ron-Robert Zieler      €3.5m

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, norwichfox said:

FFS that is tragic . Who was in charge of recruitment at that time ? Can’t blame conger ton for this pile of crap 

10 hours ago, surrifox said:

FFS that is tragic . Who was in charge of recruitment at that time ? Can’t blame conger ton for this pile of crap 

Walsh had left the club to join Everton before this window and I suppose his "notebook may have contained one or two of them, Ranieri was squarely to blame for Bartosz Kapustka as he was "hand Picked by him...and probably Rudkin would have been overseeing it all. Congerton didn't come here until well after BR (AKA The Fraud) was established.

On 03/09/2023 at 07:48, norwichfox said:

Walsh had left the club to join Everton before this window and I suppose his "notebook may have contained one or two of them, Ranieri was squarely to blame for Bartosz Kapustka as he was "hand Picked by him...and probably Rudkin would have been overseeing it all. Congerton didn't come here until well after BR (AKA The Fraud) was established.

Ranieri also wanted Slimani at the end of the window, despite Walsh/our recruitment team sternly advising that if we went for him it would have to be early in the window before his release clause went up from £20m (iirc) to the £30m as he wasn't worth the increased fee

• Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 07:48, norwichfox said:

You have to give it to Rudkin,he is consistent. Totally shambolic 

• Like 3

On 02/09/2023 at 14:19, norwichfox said:

Can anyone remember who else we were linked with during that window that in hindsight would have improved our team?

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Can anyone remember who else we were linked with during that window that in hindsight would have improved our team?

There were rumours of Ignacio Camacho, Roque Mesa and/or Steven N’Zonzi, would've been a big upgrade on a midfield two of King and Amartey! We were also bidding for Adrien Silva that window but didn't get it completed, and Troy Deeney was a target.

There were tenuous links to some Brazilian players like Gabigol and Luan (no doubt was just their agents fishing for a club to bite), and for Lucas Pérez, Ben Arfa, Iličić, Axel Witsel, Rafa Silva, Mario Lemina, M’Baye Niang and Ben Yedder. I think there were a few CBs linked, Ragnar Sigurdsson was one of them but went to Fulham, Michael Keane another. Not sure how many of them would've been clear improvements though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lfu said:

There were rumours of Ignacio Camacho, Roque Mesa and/or Steven N’Zonzi, would've been a big upgrade on a midfield two of King and Amartey! We were also bidding for Adrien Silva that window but didn't get it completed, and Troy Deeney was a target.

There were tenuous links to some Brazilian players like Gabigol and Luan (no doubt was just their agents fishing for a club to bite), and for Lucas Pérez, Ben Arfa, Iličić, Axel Witsel, Rafa Silva, Mario Lemina, M’Baye Niang and Ben Yedder. I think there were a few CBs linked, Ragnar Sigurdsson was one of them but went to Fulham, Michael Keane another. Not sure how many of them would've been clear improvements though!

Wow, you have an impressive memory!   N'Zonzi eventually chosen Sevilla over us, Niang went to Marsielle (?) and I think Rafa Silva went to AC Milan? 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-26m-windfall-fresh-8738809

Leicester City get £26m boost in fresh deal over James Maddison's Tottenham transfer
City were not due to receive the funds until next year and the summer after, but have done the same deal they did with Riyad Mahrez and Wesley Fofana's transfers

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 9 SEP 2023

Leicester City have opted to bring in the £26.7m they are still owed by Tottenham for the transfer of James Maddison.

Through Australian bank Macquarie, City have chosen to receive the money now, rather than wait for Spurs’ two remaining instalments, due next summer and the summer after.

Spurs paid £40m for attacking midfielder Maddison this summer in a deal many pundits are already calling a bargain after his fine start to the Premier League campaign. City received a third of the fee, £13.3m, up front, but were not due to receive the other two instalments of the same amount until July 31, 2024, and on the same day in 2025.

City will receive the remaining £26.7m now, and Spurs’ payments will go to Macquarie. But Norwich’s split of the fee is secured and they will still receive the £1.6m they are owed for the sell-on fee written into Maddison’s contract.

This is not the first time City have conducted such a deal with Macquarie, doing so for Riyad Mahrez’s £60m transfer to Manchester City in 2018, and Wesley Fofana’s £75m move to Chelsea last summer. They have also taken out loans with the bank in the past too, secured against future Premier League payments.

As well as Maddison, City sold Harvey Barnes, George Hirst, and Timothy Castagne this summer, with fees adding up to around £95m. For the signings of Conor Coady, Harry Winks, Mads Hermansen, Stephy Mavididi, and Tom Cannon, they spent around £37m.

On 02/09/2023 at 14:19, norwichfox said:

Luis Hernandez? Fernandez?!?

16 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-26m-windfall-fresh-8738809

Leicester City get £26m boost in fresh deal over James Maddison's Tottenham transfer
City were not due to receive the funds until next year and the summer after, but have done the same deal they did with Riyad Mahrez and Wesley Fofana's transfers

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 9 SEP 2023

Leicester City have opted to bring in the £26.7m they are still owed by Tottenham for the transfer of James Maddison.

Through Australian bank Macquarie, City have chosen to receive the money now, rather than wait for Spurs’ two remaining instalments, due next summer and the summer after.

Spurs paid £40m for attacking midfielder Maddison this summer in a deal many pundits are already calling a bargain after his fine start to the Premier League campaign. City received a third of the fee, £13.3m, up front, but were not due to receive the other two instalments of the same amount until July 31, 2024, and on the same day in 2025.

City will receive the remaining £26.7m now, and Spurs’ payments will go to Macquarie. But Norwich’s split of the fee is secured and they will still receive the £1.6m they are owed for the sell-on fee written into Maddison’s contract.

This is not the first time City have conducted such a deal with Macquarie, doing so for Riyad Mahrez’s £60m transfer to Manchester City in 2018, and Wesley Fofana’s £75m move to Chelsea last summer. They have also taken out loans with the bank in the past too, secured against future Premier League payments.

As well as Maddison, City sold Harvey Barnes, George Hirst, and Timothy Castagne this summer, with fees adding up to around £95m. For the signings of Conor Coady, Harry Winks, Mads Hermansen, Stephy Mavididi, and Tom Cannon, they spent around £37m.

What a bargain Maddison is to Spurs. Still can’t believe how poorly Rudkin did on this and Barnes. Maddison in particular. Both top talents and still young. Others less qualified went for higher.

Kane, at the age of 31, still went for 100m even with one year to go on his contract.

Maddison is turning out to be a top top player for Spurs. Should have at least got 50-60m.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

What a bargain Maddison is to Spurs. Still can’t believe how poorly Rudkin did on this and Barnes. Maddison in particular. Both top talents and still young. Others less qualified went for higher.

Kane went for 100m even with one year to go.

Maddison is turning out to be a top top player for Spurs. Should have at least got 50-60m.

but when u get relegated thanks to that midget bastard, you get fcked

• Like 3