Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

9 hours ago, Ian S said:

Think you are being very optimistic in the extreme on some of those transfer fees and a bit negative on others.Would be astonished if we only got £65m for Maddison and Barnes combined.However that would not be as surprising as getting £15m for the imposter who is parading as N’didi or £15m for Soumare.Also will get nothing for Mendy he is out of contract.

We have to be realistic regarding Maddison, only 12 months left on his contract as well as being a championship club and needing to shift his wages. 

Many clubs still think highly of Ndidi. Don’t be surprised to see him get to his best when he moves to a new club. BR drained Ndidi completely of confidence, likewise DS wanted a progressive holding midfielder, who’s quick in transition. Soumare is also highly thought of in France hence why I’ve put that amount, I feel he’s improved and is still a young lad.

Truthfully didn’t realise Mendy was out of contract I thought he was in next year’s crop.

Ultimately the original point I was trying to

make is we SHOULD have over £100m in incoming transfer fee’s. The most part of my point was the savings in wages.

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm assuming a fire sale. The only one we might manage to keep who could attract interest is JJ. But the shattered remnants leave enough for a decent, pragmatic manager to work with

Iversen

JJ

Soutts and Vesty (yup, I mean it) 

VK

Ricardo, Hamza, KDH, Albrighton and Wilf sharing midfield responsibilities

Vards and Daka up top 

They are backed up by;

Braybrooke, Alves, LT, the lad who's been in the bench (I presume he must be a step up from other u23s), couple of Leuven lads, 2 or 3 loans. 

Come off it now. going off that assume we are going into a 46 game season with a 21 man squad, several that haven’t played higher than league one football. Huge over reaction imo.

6 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

If we were sensible we would give Ward and Vesty either free transfers or pay them off. No one will buy them surely! 

Can see a settlement being agreed with a few of the players to get them off the books… frustrating short term due to cost, but smart long term business.

For example, Vesty has a year left on his contract at £70,000 a week. Means a total earning of £3,640,000 across his final year.

Offer £1.5/£2m to buy out the contract and say goodbye.

4 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

I don’t think that sounds far off at all. 

Might need another wide forward, one who is more of a wide striker than a winger as I can’t see us keeping all of Daka, Vardy & Nacho?

I also can’t see it personally, more of a hope with the amount we will be shifting off the wage book, at least for year 1 may be able to keep all 3.

Truthfully, I would bite the bullet with Kel’s contract and keep him here.

• Like 1

Can we get some PACE back into this team!?? We’ve overloaded it with technical players (technically crap might I add) and have sacrificed the physical, athletic elements.

Think back to our Championship promoted team with the likes of De Laet, Dyer, Mahrez, Vardy we had some real pace out wide, I think we need to go back to these types of basics next season again. 

• Like 3

Iversen

Smithies

New/Academy backup keeper

Kristiansen

Thomas

Faes

Souttar

2x New/Academy centerbacks

Justin

Ricardo

New/Academy fullback (Brunt?)

KDH

Alves

Marcal-Madivadua

Braybrooke

2x experienced central midfielders

Albrighton

Barnes (if we can keep him)

2x fast wingers

Iheanacho

Vardy

1x up-and-coming talent

Some young Loans/signings I'd be interested in potentially, not all of these would be likely to happen, but we are technically a big club in the championship now:
Defenders:
Tuanzebe (CB - Manchester United) Needs game time, there's a player in there but he needs consistency. 

Nat Phillips (CB - Liverpool) Did okay on loan at Bournemouth in the championship, isn't going to get any time at Liverpool, might be worth a loan until January and see where we stand
Nigel Lonwijk (CB - Wolves) has been on loan at Plymouth this season, this would be potentially a risky step up but looks like a decent player and will likely go on loan to the championship next season. 

Mads bech Sorensen (CB - Brentford) - Proven at this level and has played 15 premier league appearances for Brentford, lost his playing time and was loaned out to Groningen in Eridivise, still only 24. 

Djed Spence (Right Back - Spurs) Loaned out to Rennes in January, opportunities won't be coming at spurs, but more than proven at this level. 

Central Mids:

Hannibal Mejbri (CM - United) has Been on loan at Birmingham City and looks like he's got a bright future ahead of him, but won't be for United at least for a couple of years.
Fabio Carvalho? - (Attacking mid - Liverpool) This one is very unlikely, however, he's made 13 appearances for Liverpool but only clocked up 340 minutes total, liverpool will be signing big in Summer, could a "big club" in the championship get him? Stranger things have happened, he likely wouldn't be starting week in and week out on loan at another prem club. 

Wingers:

Omari Hutchinson (Chelsea) Does not look like he will get any chances with the bloated Chelsea squad and the talent available in his positions and will need game time. 

Anthony Elanga (United) 420 minutes in 16 appearances, has been played at left-wing, right-wing, and CF by Ten Haag but his chances have dried up, last time he played was 20 minutes against us back in March where we lost 3-0

Amad Diallo (United) Would like on a permanent if we can nab him for £10m but has said he dreams of playing for United. 

Strikers:

Fabio Silva (Wolves) Unlikely one since he's been on loan to Anderlecht and PSV this season, but the £36m signing isnt going to get much wolves game time I expect so might be worth a cheeky loan bid.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Some young Loans/signings I'd be interested in potentially, not all of these would be likely to happen, but we are technically a big club in the championship now:
Defenders:
Tuanzebe (CB - Manchester United) Needs game time, there's a player in there but he needs consistency. 

Nat Phillips (CB - Liverpool) Did okay on loan at Bournemouth in the championship, isn't going to get any time at Liverpool, might be worth a loan until January and see where we stand
Nigel Lonwijk (CB - Wolves) has been on loan at Plymouth this season, this would be potentially a risky step up but looks like a decent player and will likely go on loan to the championship next season. 

Mads bech Sorensen (CB - Brentford) - Proven at this level and has played 15 premier league appearances for Brentford, lost his playing time and was loaned out to Groningen in Eridivise, still only 24. 

Djed Spence (Right Back - Spurs) Loaned out to Rennes in January, opportunities won't be coming at spurs, but more than proven at this level. 

Central Mids:

Hannibal Mejbri (CM - United) has Been on loan at Birmingham City and looks like he's got a bright future ahead of him, but won't be for United at least for a couple of years.
Fabio Carvalho? - (Attacking mid - Liverpool) This one is very unlikely, however, he's made 13 appearances for Liverpool but only clocked up 340 minutes total, liverpool will be signing big in Summer, could a "big club" in the championship get him? Stranger things have happened, he likely wouldn't be starting week in and week out on loan at another prem club. 

Wingers:

Omari Hutchinson (Chelsea) Does not look like he will get any chances with the bloated Chelsea squad and the talent available in his positions and will need game time. 

Anthony Elanga (United) 420 minutes in 16 appearances, has been played at left-wing, right-wing, and CF by Ten Haag but his chances have dried up, last time he played was 20 minutes against us back in March where we lost 3-0

Amad Diallo (United) Would like on a permanent if we can nab him for £10m but has said he dreams of playing for United. 

Strikers:

Fabio Silva (Wolves) Unlikely one since he's been on loan to Anderlecht and PSV this season, but the £36m signing isnt going to get much wolves game time I expect so might be worth a cheeky loan bid.

I believe Tuanzebe is a free agent this summer? Has championship experience with Villa and became something of a hero there from memory. 

Fabio Carvalho on a loan deal could be a good shout, as he’s been told by Klopp he doesn’t feature in his main plans next season, so his agent will have his finger on the trigger.

Really rate Amad Diallo and also a Fabio Silva fan, but I think both of these lads will play premier league football or top flight football somewhere in Europe sadly.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

Wonder whether we can get Carlos Borges on loan from Man City? Left winger with bags of pace

incredible numbers in the PL2 and massively raved about by fans but has never had a look in for the first team.

Great shout, although some of europes elite are sniffing, depends if he is of a Sancho mindset and sees greener grass abroad

Iversen

Djed Spence (loan)

Souttar + Faes

Kristiansen

KDH 

Mendy (If he wants to stay, underrated player in my opinion and will do well this season)

Alex Scott (Bristol City) 

Diallo (Loan with view to permanent if promoted)

Daka 

Borges (Man City Loan)

I do not think we are too far away from having a strong squad who are capable of returning to the premier league this season. Couple of smart loans with Diallo and Borges. Good game time for both and chance to develop here. 

Alex Scott from Bristol City to replace Maddison and add a bit of creativity in midfield. He will likely have premier league offers, but if not could be worth an option. 

James Justin and Ricardo were excellent a few seasons ago, unfortunately both injuries are so hard to return from. 

There is a lot of potential with Daka, or maybe wishful thinking from my part. But I do see with a run of games in the championship he can come back a very good striker for us. Pace, strength, finishing. Solanke at Bournemouth returned a much better player. Daka can do the same I feel. 

I would like to think this is a realistic option for our team. Barnes, Maddison, Ndidi, Praet, Vestegaard will all be sold. There is 80-100 million depending how well the board negotiate. Scott will be around 20million+. 

Give the defenders and Gk 40+ games to play together and build form and confidence. They are not bad players. Yes all had poor moments but came in at a very difficult time with the club + squad that not united. 

Getting the managerial appointment will be key. We are still a big club, a lot of people will be interested in the job. Huge decision for the board. This gives us the ideal time to move on the deadwood, for a lack of a better term, and bring in players who want to be here and build a capable team to challenge for promotion and then stay in the league. 

7 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

One player I would love to see us get is Gustavo Hamer from Cov. Midfield needs investment, he’s looked class this year and I would imagine £7/£8m would get it done.

11 goals and 10 assists from centre mid this year.

I’m not sure how realistic he is in terms of whether he’ll have offers from the Prem or too leagues in Europe but agreed. If we could get him, with him being more forward thinking in terms of goals and assists, he’d be some good balance with the central midfielders we can be confident we will be left with so far (such as KDH and Choudhury).

Only has 1 year left too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shen said:

Iversen

Smithies

New/Academy backup keeper

Kristiansen

Thomas

Faes

Souttar

2x New/Academy centerbacks

Justin

Ricardo

New/Academy fullback (Brunt?)

KDH

Alves

Marcal-Madivadua

Braybrooke

2x experienced central midfielders

Albrighton

Barnes (if we can keep him)

2x fast wingers

Iheanacho

Vardy

1x up-and-coming talent

No chance on earth Barnes and Kelechi stay with us next season. Similarly Ricardo.

5 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

Wonder whether we can get Carlos Borges on loan from Man City? Left winger with bags of pace

incredible numbers in the PL2 and massively raved about by fans but has never had a look in for the first team.

Maybe we could get Mebude on loan as well. Right winger, 11 goals and 13 assists for Man City’s u21s this season.

Direct, very quick, athletic. Gerrem both in. 

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

He'd be great but can't imagine Man City want to loan him out to the Championship.

I think they would. He’s admitted himself he has lacked a bit of physicality this season. He would piss the championship given a chance. We could convince them to loan him until January and take it from there. I think they would be more inclined to loan him to us, rather than a struggling premier league team. 

22 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

No chance on earth Barnes and Kelechi stay with us next season. Similarly Ricardo.

I disagree, I think Kalechi would and Ricardo would given the chance. 

Like I’ve said, we can’t just let the entire squad leave…. It would be suicidal. We need to sell the sellable assets that will generate fairly good money. Madders the sky is really the limit, and with Newcastle willing who knows what the price could be driven up to. The same with Barnes, he could easily leave for £40m. The sale of those two, and some of the fringe players aka Soumare, N’didi and co, could leave us with a decent amount of cash to spend at this level. Few clever loans on top of that and we will be laughing. 

Usually the think the loan system is ridiculous and there should be a limit on how many you can have in a matchday squad. There probably already is but it needs to be a smaller number if so, saw teams with half their starting 11 on loan. 

However, we do need to use this system and you'd think we'd be a good choice for one of the big boys to send too. 

Aim to keep those on longer contracts unless we get a good bid and we have to cash in anyone with a year or two left. 

• Like 1