Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hamer is absolute quality and he's outgrown the Championship.

My early scattergun list:

Miles Leaburn - Charlton (my top pick)

Joel Piroe - Swansea

Krisztián Lisztes - Ferencvaros (my 2nd top pick)

Taylor Booth - FC Utrecht

Adam Zorgane - Charleroi

Louis Patris - Leuven

Mario Stroeykens - Anderlecht

Hyun-seok Hong - Gent

Hugo Vetlesen - Bodo/Glimt

Ole Romeny - FC Emmen

Ignacio Aliseda - FC Lugano

Kwame Poku and Ronnie Edwards - Peterborough

Adson - Corinthians 

Omari Hutchinson and Bashir Humphreys - Chelsea (loan)

Carlos Borges and Oscar Bobb - Man City (loan)

Alex Collado - Barcelona

Ilias Akhomach - Barcelona

Sergio Arribas - Real Madrid (loan)

Adam Wharton and Ben Bereton-Diaz - Blackburn

Jerry Yates - Blackpool

Ethan Laird - Man Utd

Santi Comesaña - Rayo Vallecano

Connor Bradley - Liverpool

Jensen Weir - Brighton

Quite frankly I will be sick to my stomach if we don’t actually sign a man called Oscar Bobb this summer after seeing this 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Louis Patris - Leuven

I expect Castagne will leave and then possibly one of JJ and Ricardo meaning we would need at least one right back

If that happens I would be very surprised if we don't go for Patris, seems like an obvious and easy deal to do, and he has been very impressive this season for Leuven

• Like 4

Would anyone take Ashley Young on a free? Horrible bastard, shit house, experienced leader.. Basically the sort of player this squad is missing. Quite old now but he's been decent for Villa. 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Joel Piroe - Swansea

Adam Zorgane - Charleroi

Louis Patris - Leuven

Hyun-seok Hong - Gent

Ole Romeny - FC Emmen

Adson - Corinthians 

Alex Collado - Barcelona

Jerry Yates - Blackpool

Ethan Laird - Man Utd

Jensen Weir - Brighton

Ben B-D is a very good player who will only get better. Would be someone I'd be very happy if we targeted

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I expect Castagne will leave and then possibly one of JJ and Ricardo meaning we would need at least one right back

If that happens I would be very surprised if we don't go for Patris, seems like an obvious and easy deal to do, and he has been very impressive this season for Leuven

What about Issiah Jones ? I’d be happy if we sold Timmy and replaced him with Jones. 

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Joel Piroe - Swansea

Adam Zorgane - Charleroi

Louis Patris - Leuven

Hyun-seok Hong - Gent

Ole Romeny - FC Emmen

Adson - Corinthians 

Alex Collado - Barcelona

Jerry Yates - Blackpool

Ethan Laird - Man Utd

Jensen Weir - Brighton

Is there a reason out of interest you think Hamer is out of reach but Ben Brereton-Diaz isn’t? I thought the latter was off to Villarreal?

I have no context of which players are out of our reach in the sense that they are likely going to the Prem. For example, the link to Chair. I thought he would be but is linked to us. Is Hamer just flavour of the month as he’s in mind whereas Chair is equally quality but because QPR have had a bad year being somewhat overlooked?

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Is there a reason out of interest you think Hamer is out of reach but Ben Brereton-Diaz isn’t? I thought the latter was off to Villarreal?

I have no context of which players are out of our reach in the sense that they are likely going to the Prem. For example, the link to Chair. I thought he would be but is linked to us. Is Hamer just flavour of the month as he’s in mind whereas Chair is equally quality but because QPR have had a bad year being somewhat overlooked?

Good question, only reason why Brereton-Diaz might be more attainable is he hasn't actually had that good a season compared to previous. But on a free someone higher up the food chain is likely to spot an easy opportunity to flip him for a profit if he doesn't hit the ground running.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Joel Piroe - Swansea

Adam Zorgane - Charleroi

Louis Patris - Leuven

Hyun-seok Hong - Gent

Ole Romeny - FC Emmen

Adson - Corinthians 

Alex Collado - Barcelona

Jerry Yates - Blackpool

Ethan Laird - Man Utd

Jensen Weir - Brighton

How to tell people you've been playing too much Football Manager without telling them you've been playing entirely too much Football Manager.

Lots of promising players here though, and many are realistic too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good question, only reason why Brereton-Diaz might be more attainable is he hasn't actually had that good a season compared to previous. But on a free someone higher up the food chain is likely to spot an easy opportunity to flip him for a profit if he doesn't hit the ground running.

Similar to my comments about Chair then. Maybe gone under the radar due to either personal form, club performing poorly or both. Whereas Hamer is been at an over performing Cov side and scored in the playoff final so I agree that he is likely to be picked up by someone higher up but hopeful that maybe we could…would be great for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

We need a Captain, but first we need the correct manager to pick one. If you want to build a functioning team it needs foundations.

Jake Cooper on a free. Captained Millwall, literally used to being in the Lions Den!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Jake Cooper on a free. Captained Millwall, literally used to being in the Lions Den!

Stats say defensively all he does is win headers, nothing else stands out at 6'6". Can't find many in person interviews but the most recent one is comments from him on Millwall seeing out their push for the play-offs ... which didn't work out well, and every quoted sentence starts with an "I".

Kept himself clear of injuries and a good age, but questions over his ability and the likelihood of gaining leading respect in our group.

We have to get the Captain sorted. Nigel came back 2011 with Matt Mills leading the lads, 2 months later we'd bought Westley Morgan for £1m from Forest. Corner stone in getting going again is a strong Captain imo.

8 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Stats say defensively all he does is win headers, nothing else stands out at 6'6". Can't find many in person interviews but the most recent one is comments from him on Millwall seeing out their push for the play-offs ... which didn't work out well, and every quoted sentence starts with an "I".

Kept himself clear of injuries and a good age, but questions over his ability and the likelihood of gaining leading respect in our group.

We have to get the Captain sorted. Nigel came back 2011 with Matt Mills leading the lads, 2 months later we'd bought Westley Morgan for £1m from Forest. Corner stone in getting going again is a strong Captain imo.

Regarding the first bit, at Championship level, we need defenders who can defend. Quality wise, he’d be very good and can bag regularly at the other end too.

Interesting observation about the interview. Could be innocent depending on context but we do need team players and remove the culture we have ended up with. 

As you say, keeps fit, good age and I do think quality is fine. 

Whether or not he’d be a suitable captain I’m not sure other than I think CB is a good position for captain (evidence in your Big Wes example) and he captained Millwall.

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

We need a Captain, but first we need the correct manager to pick one. If you want to build a functioning team it needs foundations.

I think we need to decide our strategy and then select the right manager to deliver that. Captain should come next as you say but time is short and we may have to run that in parallel with getting in players with the right mentality and desire besides footballing ability. We need to give ourselves time for the new manager to work with the squad and get them playing as a team and hit the ground running. Pragmatism is required. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Regarding the first bit, at Championship level, we need defenders who can defend. Quality wise, he’d be very good and can bag regularly at the other end too.

Interesting observation about the interview. Could be innocent depending on context but we do need team players and remove the culture we have ended up with. 

As you say, keeps fit, good age and I do think quality is fine. 

Whether or not he’d be a suitable captain I’m not sure other than I think CB is a good position for captain (evidence in your Big Wes example) and he captained Millwall.

Oh I still wouldn't completely rule him out. His fitness levels look superb, he has vast experience in the Championship and importantly he's still a leader. We are absolutely bereft of leaders in this squad -

Evans, relegated twice, puts his body above all else which is reasonable but a problem when he's missed 75% of a season.

Tielemans, so set in his own path of seeing his contract out drifted onto a rocky shore with us, without finding a move away or even bothering as much as we knew he could.

Maddison, intelligent lad, thinks alot of himself however. Friends with absolute weapons like Grealish. A leader? Only through circumstance I think.

Vardy, determination through the roof. Yet he's a no.9 who often shies away from penalties. Never been a leader.

That's our leadership group. Tops one of them stays for a single season. Who else have we got? Souttar, KDH, maybe JJ. No other leaders in the squad.

Then look back to Pearson's strategy here. As mentioned, immediately he sussed Matt Mills out, chinned him and brought Wes Morgan in at the first opportunity. Then we added a smattering of young hungry players in with high pedigree, had a go at promotion but Deeney sent us with our tails between our legs.

Promotion season - Dean Hammond, Kevin Phillips, Marcin Wasilewski.

Great escape season - Esteban Cambiasso, Leo Ulloa, Robert Huth.

Onwards - Fuchs

We've lost all of our leaders. There is no Captain. This is only heading in one way if we don't get this right immediately. Bring determined characters in who have professional attitudes, everything to prove and most importantly naturally play as part of a team. Give it a couple of seasons to develop and if everything has gone as planned we're back to being a Premier League club, with a vibrant team of players with everything to prove and everything to win, together.

I cannot see us going straight back up, but we have an opportunity to develop another fantastic squad of players.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Joel Piroe - Swansea

Adam Zorgane - Charleroi

Louis Patris - Leuven

Hyun-seok Hong - Gent

Ole Romeny - FC Emmen

Adson - Corinthians 

Alex Collado - Barcelona

Jerry Yates - Blackpool

Ethan Laird - Man Utd

Jensen Weir - Brighton

Appalled at the lack of players playing in South America in this list, especially no David Martinez.

13 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Oh I still wouldn't completely rule him out. His fitness levels look superb, he has vast experience in the Championship and importantly he's still a leader. We are absolutely bereft of leaders in this squad -

Evans, relegated twice, puts his body above all else which is reasonable but a problem when he's missed 75% of a season.

Tielemans, so set in his own path of seeing his contract out drifted onto a rocky shore with us, without finding a move away or even bothering as much as we knew he could.

Maddison, intelligent lad, thinks alot of himself however. Friends with absolute weapons like Grealish. A leader? Only through circumstance I think.

Vardy, determination through the roof. Yet he's a no.9 who often shies away from penalties. Never been a leader.

That's our leadership group. Tops one of them stays for a single season. Who else have we got? Souttar, KDH, maybe JJ. No other leaders in the squad.

Then look back to Pearson's strategy here. As mentioned, immediately he sussed Matt Mills out, chinned him and brought Wes Morgan in at the first opportunity. Then we added a smattering of young hungry players in with high pedigree, had a go at promotion but Deeney sent us with our tails between our legs.

Promotion season - Dean Hammond, Kevin Phillips, Marcin Wasilewski.

Great escape season - Esteban Cambiasso, Leo Ulloa, Robert Huth.

Onwards - Fuchs

We've lost all of our leaders. There is no Captain. This is only heading in one way if we don't get this right immediately. Bring determined characters in who have professional attitudes, everything to prove and most importantly naturally play as part of a team. Give it a couple of seasons to develop and if everything has gone as planned we're back to being a Premier League club, with a vibrant team of players with everything to prove and everything to win, together.

I cannot see us going straight back up, but we have an opportunity to develop another fantastic squad of players.

Bang on :appl:someone like Cooper even if not captain would be great to have as a leader.

Not sure who else and in what position. A centre midfield with leadership skills as well. You want that in the spine of the side really.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Joel Piroe - Swansea

Adam Zorgane - Charleroi

Louis Patris - Leuven

Hyun-seok Hong - Gent

Ole Romeny - FC Emmen

Adson - Corinthians 

Alex Collado - Barcelona

Jerry Yates - Blackpool

Ethan Laird - Man Utd

Jensen Weir - Brighton

Jesus, don't get me wrong I don't know who two thirds of these players are, but I'd love to think the club had a list like this of players we've identified as targets.

Sadly I have zero confidence that this is the case.

Have you thought about printing and posting FAO new manager/Dean/Top and posting to Seagrave?

In honour of @Ric Flair's long list.

Axel Tuanzebe - Free
Ronnie Edwards- £5m
Charlie Patino - £10m
Ilias Chair - £10m
Anthony Elanga - £10m
Jes Rak-Sakyi - Loan
Kwame Poku - £5m

Iversen
Justin Tuanzebe Souttar Thomas
                  Patino  KDH
Rak-Sakyi   Iheanacho        Elanga
                        Vardy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Ben B-D is a very good player who will only get better. Would be someone I'd be very happy if we targeted

Brereton-Diaz is going to Villarreal, he already signed a pre contract

16 minutes ago, LVFox said:

In honour of @Ric Flair's long list.

Axel Tuanzebe - Free
Ronnie Edwards- £5m
Charlie Patino - £10m
Ilias Chair - £10m
Anthony Elanga - £10m
Jes Rak-Sakyi - Loan
Kwame Poku - £5m

Iversen
Justin Tuanzebe Souttar Thomas
                  Patino  KDH
Rak-Sakyi   Iheanacho        Elanga
                        Vardy

Big fan of the POSH boys Poku and Edwards. 

Darragh Macanthony - Posh chairman does a podcast and raves about Ronnie Edwards and Poku a lot.

Granted his opinion may be biased -

but I would happily see both in leicester shirt.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Joel Piroe - Swansea

Adam Zorgane - Charleroi

Louis Patris - Leuven

Hyun-seok Hong - Gent

Ole Romeny - FC Emmen

Adson - Corinthians 

Alex Collado - Barcelona

Jerry Yates - Blackpool

Ethan Laird - Man Utd

Jensen Weir - Brighton

Good list. I know Brereton has signed a pre contract agreement with Villarreal. I wonder if Carney Chukwuemeka is a possibility on loan?

• Like 1