Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

29 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Starting to get a bit excited at completely starting again  not gonna lie

Was thinking this myself. Looking forward to the new season and challenge with who will be our manager and the new signings.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Appalled at the lack of players playing in South America in this list, especially no David Martinez.

I'm waiting for Martinez to be eligible, I have suggested two Oscar Cortez and Miguel Monsalves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

In honour of @Ric Flair's long list.

Axel Tuanzebe - Free
Ronnie Edwards- £5m
Charlie Patino - £10m
Ilias Chair - £10m
Anthony Elanga - £10m
Jes Rak-Sakyi - Loan
Kwame Poku - £5m

Iversen
Justin Tuanzebe Souttar Thomas
                  Patino  KDH
Rak-Sakyi   Iheanacho        Elanga
                        Vardy

Not sure on Elanga 0.16 goals per 90 and 0.16 assists per 90 isn't great even if some of those were of the bench. I feel like Chair would be a more fool proof Barnes replacement.

Edited by Fightforever

There’s a lot of decent talent in the championship, I would hope that we will pick off the best ones available for reasonable fees, whilst padding the squad with loans and a couple of free transfers. 

Chair and greaves are a good start for links. 

Hamer, Piroe, Gyokeres if no prem team move for them.  West Brom look like they have to sell and they’ve got a few good options. 

Bring back Opoku, consider signing Patris from leuven.

I could genuinely see us getting Wood back on loan from Forest. 

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Not sure on Elanga 0.16 goals per 90 and 0.16 assists per 90 isn't great even if some of those were of the bench. I feel like Chair would be a more fool proof Barnes replacement.

I reckon we should aim for Chair too if we're aiming to sign him permanently - I would rather we sign Carlos Borges from Man City on loan as another option. 

3 hours ago, chris2208 said:

Was thinking this myself. Looking forward to the new season and challenge with who will be our manager and the new signings.

Absolutely loved the Championship winning side. Hopefully we can see a similar character filled group come in. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Think they are skewed by sub appearances but you'd definitely be going for ability/potential over proven track record with him. £10m just seems a risk worth taking though. Get both in!

Here is my list, not sure how likely or realistic any of the names are but it's a bit of fun:

Duk Luis Lopez - Aberdeen 

Gustavo Hamer - Coventry 

Gabriel Sara - Norwich

Ilia's Chair - QPR

Rak-Sayki - Charlton 

Adam Wharton - Blackburn 

Amad Diallo - Man Utd

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chris2208 said:

I got excited about a refresh last summer and it never happened! I want a Martin Allen 07 summer where it felt like a signing a day :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Fun isn’t it. 😀

It's also kind of terrifying! This summer is probably going to define the next 3-4 seasons for the club. We could sign some new heroes that capture our hearts and imaginations and make us proud to support the club again, or we could sign some duffers that have little interest being here and find ourselves stuck in the Championship for a while.

We've needed the refresh though, so let's see what happens!

Everton not signing Coady permanently and for me this is exactly what we need.

He’s got experience of leading a Championship winning side and the captain we’re crying out for.

Wonder whether he’d be willing to drop down.

Just now, lcfcben76 said:

Everton not signing Coady permanently and for me this is exactly what we need.

He’s got experience of leading a Championship winning side and the captain we’re crying out for.

Wonder whether he’d be willing to drop down.

Hasn't he got a few England caps? Doubt he's going to want to drop down if it means his England chances are over.

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Hasn't he got a few England caps? Doubt he's going to want to drop down if it means his England chances are over.

I think subconsciously he must think his England chances are pretty much gone now? He didn’t play a minute at the World Cup and not named in the latest squad. Not getting any younger, I’d say it’s definitely worth a try.

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's also kind of terrifying! This summer is probably going to define the next 3-4 seasons for the club. We could sign some new heroes that capture our hearts and imaginations and make us proud to support the club again, or we could sign some duffers that have little interest being here and find ourselves stuck in the Championship for a while.

We've needed the refresh though, so let's see what happens!

Absolutely scarey. It strikes me that we are most likely to find one or two great buys two or three meh and one or two duffers. It’s going to happen whether we like it or not so we may as well engage and get behind it. Totally agree with you though. Hope is the thing that kills you but is also the thing that can inspire and allow you to dream again. Green shoots. Won’t be long until some of the plastics realise how good we had it for a few years. Hopefully they go back to supporting United. 

• Like 1